Foreword

Teaching NCT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You're being posted to NCT High for your internship."

"NCT High....!? Isn't that the notorious boy's school that produces delinquents!?" I was hoping for a girls school or a university, where the students were well mannered and all I had to do was explain a bunch of facts off slides and hurry home once the school bell rang. NCT high was every teacher's dreaded nightmare. Even the principals had to be changed almost every year, because the students tormented the teachers so badly.

"Well, consider it a challenge. A notch on your teaching resume. If you can survive six months in that environment, you'll survive anywhere."

"But sir.... I am merely an intern...."

My teaching supervisor smiled back wryly at me. 

"Everyone has to start from somewhere. Even if your parents are well-known principals of famed schools."

I felt my cheeks burn hot and my lips sealed shut immediately. Encouraged by my silence, he pushed the document across the table. 

"Sign above the dotted line and write down your license number."

I looked up at my supervisor warily.

"Take it as a chance to prove yourself. That you're more than just Mr and Mrs Shim's daughter."

Argh........ I furrowed my brow. Alright, I guess this is it! Anyway I didn't have any other job offers, it was this or nothing.

And with a flourish of the pen, I signed away 6 months of my life to utter hell and complete chaos.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter