Chapter 2

Never (Young K x Seulgi songfic)

===============

"And everything you say to me
I listen, but I can't believe
What you were giving in and can't see
What he's doing"

===============

"Then why did you have this bracelet?"

 

The way Younghyun questioned her was full of frustration, confusion, hurt and anger; frustrated, hurt and angry because he knows there's an almost 100% chance that she still recognised him, but she pretended to deny; confusion because he didnt know if she's pretending or not. His tears continued to fall out on his eyes as he couldnt take all those feels anymore.

 

"Yaaaah!! My mum gave this to me when I was in middle school. Can you please stop assuming such nonsense things?" Seulgi started losing her chill.


"I wont stop til you admit that you recognise me--"


"ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR ING MIND MISTER? DO YOU WANT ME TO CALL THE SECURITY?"


"Seulgiii-yah!!! What the are you doing here?" Jimin suddenly entered the scene to find her.


"Can you please stop pretending that you care, Park Jimin?!" She even yelled at Jimin as well as she continued losing her chill because of Younghyun.


"Who is that guy, Seulgi?" Younghyun ask her.


"It's none of your business, Mr. Young K," she raised her eyebrows on Younghyun, while telling Jimin to walk out of the scene with her, "let's go, babe."


"Wait what happened, Sseul?" Jimin wondered.


"Park Jimin. Stop asking and let's go."


"O-Owwwwkaaaaaay."

 

The couple walked out of the bar, creating a huge distance gap between them and Younghyun, while on the other hand, he's still chasing them, especially the girl.

 

"Hey! I'm not finished talking with you! Seulgi!! KANG SEULGI!!!"

 

Frustration mainly dominated on his entire system, even when he got home after the incident. He brought that kind of burden on his shoulders even if it hurts to see Seulgi not recognising him completely, but he wont give on that easily. He would still work hard to make her recognise and remember him gradually.

 

Next few days passed, and he still couldnt move on with what happened during that night to the point that it hurts him the most. He even questioned himself what he would going to do. He kept on blaming himself for making their friendship went to dust, and he's now back to regain her trust, and he knows he has a very, very long way to go.

 

One day, he fixed himself in their dorm as he had an appointment in JYP building. He had to go there for songwriting sessions together with his bandmates.

 

"Hey bro. Are you done?" His close bandmate/roommate Jaehyung patted his shoulder.


"Yeah. Let's go now, hyung." The younger finished his final touches before they leave their dorm.

 

They took 20 minutes of walking to get there in JYP building. Although they were being suggested by their other bandmates many times to have a ride to get to their destination using Sungjin's car, the two insisted that their dorm's a bit near the said building, so they had to walk, and they had no regrets with this decision.

 

As they continued walking, Younghyun noticed something in a mall they just passed by, making him stop walking while Jaehyung continued. He saw something in a wardrobe stall inside the mall through its glass windows, and it's not just something; it's someone. Someone familiar. He went closely to the window of that stall, and his eyes were being wide open to what he saw. That's why he seemed so familiar because it's Jimin, but kissing a woman other than Seulgi on the lips passionately. His eyes stared to spark fire upon that scene, but it was being interrupted by Jaehyung's yelling voice.

 

"YAAAAH! WHATYA DOING THERE, BRI? HURRY UP! JYP-SUNBAENIM MIGHT SCOLD US!"


"Hey! I'm coming there, hyung!"

 

Later, the songwriting session between JYP and DAY6 has started, but it seemed that Younghyun's out of focus, and couldnt concentrate in anything. He's being distracted upon what he saw a while ago, and he couldnt stand it.

 

"I must tell Seulgi after this although she couldnt remember me anymore." His thoughts echoed on his mind.

 

After so many hours of writing songs, they finally finished. Younghyun quickly left the building to find Seulgi, but was being interrupted by Jaehyung.

 

"Hey! Are you okay?"


"Yeah, hyung. By the way, do you know where the girls of Red Velvet reside?"


"Huh?! Y-yes. Why, bro? Why did you ask that?"


"Please help me take there."


"W-what?! Hmmm... sure."


"THANK YOU SO MUCH HYUNG!!"


"No problem. So let's go."


"Yeah."

 

They took a train to somewhere near Itaewon which was three stations away from JYP building. It might not be far, but it might not be near as well. Jaehyung knew the girls' dorm near Itaewon because of Amber, his fellow English-speaking KPOP idol, and the girls' sunbaenim.

 

They reached Itaewon station in just 2 minutes, and they're walking on their way from the station to the RV girls' dorm. As they're now close to the destination, Younghyun suddenly felt so nervous about the fact that she might push him away again like she did the last time they met, but this time, he'll be going to her for a different case.

 

They finally got into the building of the girls' dorm, which was in the 3rd floor. They used the stairs in going up to the said floor, and as they're finally on the door of their room, Younghyun felt that his heart was beating so fast to the point that he's sweating so much.

 

"Bri! Are you alright, man?" Jaehyung was concerned.


"Yeah. Dun worry, it's just normal that I'm really nervous."


"Who among the girls are you talking with anyway?"


"You'll see..." Younghyun winked at the older.

 

He finally knocked on the door three times, and waited for the response until 3 minutes later, someone opened the door, which made the boys uncertain."

 

"Uhhhmmm... who are you guys?"