Chapter 5

Never (Young K x Seulgi songfic)

[A/N] 

hey gaise~~ it's been a while since i updated this chapter. sorry if i took so long to update for this new chapter cos school stuffs >< 

 

(ps: this chapter's mainly brother!jaehyung-sister!yerim tho, but related to the both younghyun and seulgi T.T)

===============

"I know it's really hard
To hold onto your heart
Hold onto your heart
You gotta let it go
To get a brand new start
To get a brand new start
"

===============

Yerim still couldnt believe what she saw on her cabinet to the point that she decided to hide it from the pocket of her shorts.

 

"YERIM! ARE YOU STILL THERE?" Seulgi was still crying in pain in the sofa.


"Yeah, unnie. Still trying to find the cotton here." Half of it was telling the truth, while the other was making an excuse.

 

She then suddenly brought her phone out of her pocket to call someone.

 

"I want you to meet me there @ Starbucks in a few hours. Please."

 

She ended the phone call, and continued searching for the cotton balls til she found it on the small drawer of her table.

 

Meanwhile, Younghyun and Jaehyung just finished their another songwriting session with JYP, and they were on their way out of the building.

 

"Dude, I cant believe you wrote four songs in just a day. Whoaaa youre really a monster. I bet, those are about Seulgi, right?" Jaehyung had his arm around Younghyun's shoulder.


"Well, kinda..." He sighed.


"Friendly advice: stop holding on to the past, and learn to move on."


"How I really wish, hyung..."


"Aigoo...dont be so pessimistic. By the way, let's go chilling there in a cafe!"


"Alright, hyung..."

 

Jaehyung took Younghyun to the cafe, and saved their seat, leaving the younger for a while to order their drinks in the counter. While waiting for his hyung, Younghyun continued writing his song compositions with his guitar playing, and writing musical notes on the paper placed in the table. Few minutes after, someone sit in front of him in the table, disturbing his chill workplace ambiance.

 

"Hai Young K oppa!" Yerim made a surprise appearance in front of him.


"OMG YERI! What the are you doing here? You're even scaring me." His eyes were widened in shock.


"Nothing, oppa. I just wanna hangout with you." She made a grin, "by the way, where's Jae oppa?"


"He's still in the counter. He'll gonna buy drinks for us two," he smiled, "by the way, there he is." He suddenly noticed the older coming to the table.


"Here's your drink, du--hey squirtle!"


"Dont call me with that name, chicken little." She pouted.


"Silly~~ by the way, did you just arrive here recently?"


"Yeah, I was about to call you, but I found Young K oppa here, so yeah."


"That's what I thought when you called me a while ago. By the way, what's the matter, Yeri?" Jaehyung started the discussion with his question.


"Okay, Jae oppa, but can we talk in the private place?"


"Ooookkkaaaaaaay..."


"Uhm, Young K oppa, would you please mind to excuse us for a while? I need to talk to him."


"It's alright, my dear~ go ahead. I'll just wait for you gaise here after." He smiled.


"Thank you so much, oppa!"

 

Yerim then dragged Jaehyung out of Starbucks, and brought him to the storage room beside the stairs, which was a bit far and behind from that place to make sure that Younghyun wouldnt ever see them and eavesdropping their conversation.

 

"Alright, squirtle. What brings you here and you even dragged me to this place."


"Jae oppa, I need to talk to you about Young K oppa."


"So what's the matter with him?" He was in confused and curious mode.

 

She brought a picture out of the pocket of her pants for confirmation.

 

"I know this was him during your recent photoshoot, right?"


"Yes, it was. But wait, I feel something weird when you brought up this matter with that picture. Could you please tell me why?"


"I found this falling in one of Seulgi's clothes while looking for a cotton ball to treat her bruises on her face. She wrote in the back of the picture that she still loves him, so I assume and believe that she still remembers him."


"I se--WAIT WHAT? YOU SAID YOU FOUND THAT FROM SEULGI'S ROOM? AND YOU MEAN, SHE JUST PRETENDED ALL ALONG? I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS! AND WHAT HAPPENED TO HER BY THE WAY?" He was in total shock.


"Shhhhhh," she made Jaehyung shut his mouth with that kind of whisper, "yeah. And for the second question, she was physically beaten by her beloved boyfriend cos what Young K oppa saw about him was true."


"Holy ! I must tell hi--"


"Dont tell him. That's why I brought you here cos I dont want him to know that she actually remembers him til now. Only the two of us know this secret, and since Young K oppa is Younghyun oppa aka her long lost bestfriend, we should make a plan."

 

"Sounds a great idea, but uhhhm...what kind of plan do you want, squirtle?"


"Trust me, oppa." She winked at him instead.

 

"Alright, but just tell me through text cos I'm sure Brian might be out in the cafe to find us. And by the way, would you mind to join us in our table convo? You would even see how I and Brian write songs XD" Jaehyung offered her something.


"Sure, oppa!" She smiled, "by the way, can you teach me?"


"Lol are you even in a pre-school to teach you how to write?" He pulled a pun, but she laughed so hard.


"HEY I'M EVEN SERIOUS!! XD"


"Alright~ I'll teach you."


"YAAAAAY THANK YOU SO MUCH OPPA!" She jumped with happiness.


"Youre always welcome squirtle. Let's go back to our table, shall we?"


"Alright, but one question. Why do you call him Brian?"


"English name. Duuuuuhhhh!!"

 

They went back to Starbucks after their secret conversation with Younghyun sleeping on their table, in which the two noticed beside them.

 

"Hope for a better and brand new start." Yerim raised her cup of coffee like she was giving him 'cheers'.


"And cheers to that." Jaehyung then bumped to her cup as his reply.