Chapter 1

Never (Young K x Seulgi songfic)

===============

"I guess you told another lie
Cos youve been on your own tonight
There's something missing in your eyes
I think you know it"

===============

Kang Younghyun and Kang Seulgi were primary and middle school classmates-turned bestfriends for years who share their love and passion for music and performing, but their friendship was being tested when Younghyun had to migrate to Toronto with his family for good right after their middle school completion. At first, they were catching up with each other through IDD calls, as well as Facebook and/or Skype, but as time passed by, he could no longer catch up with her because of his school stuffs til they were permanently disconnected with each other.

 

6 years passed, and they're both professionals in the same interests. They are now both artists in their own motherland. Yes, you heard it right. Younghyun, now known as Brian, left Canada to pursue music in Korea as he was being scouted by a staff of one of the Big 3 entertainment companies, and Seulgi left her last year of high school to train to become an artist under one of the Big 3 companies as well. She debuted first as a member of Red Velvet, a SM Entertainment girl group, while Younghyun or Brian, using the stage name of Young K, debuted as a bassist of JYP Entertainment's first rock band DAY6 a year after. They might be on the same circle, but they still haven't met personally.

 

One time, Seulgi went to a bar near their dorm to unwind herself from stress due to her dance and vocal practice, and to her cold boyfriend, Park Jimin, who's also an idol group member like her. They had a huge argument about Jimin being indifferent and cold towards her, which led her to walk out of their conversation, and went there to the bar to have some drinks as her escape. She had a few shots, but didnt continue as she felt dizzy, and she wanted to go to the comfort room to vomit when she was fainted. That time, there's someone who caught her up from falling, and that's the first time, Younghyun and Seulgi met after long years, but little did they know...

 

"S-Seulgi?!" Younghyun's eyes were a bit widened.


"HEY HEY HEY! Who the hell are you, mister," She consciously woke up from his arms and slapped him, "and how did you know my name?"


"Seulgi!! What's happening with you?!" He had a mild tone left while asking her.


"Wow, mister. You have a guts to ask what's happening to me when we're not even close." She yelled at him.


"That's why I'm trying to reach you again."


"Who the are you to say that?! I dun even know you at all. " Seulgi walked out of the scene, but suddenly stopped when he started talking.


"Really, Seulgi? Really?" He was frustrated.


"Then, how the do you even know my name at the first place?" She faced him although the distance gap's so big.


"It's because I'm Kang Younghyun. Your bestfriend." He cried.


"FYI. Kang Younghyun never existed in my entire system, so feel free to leave."

 

"Youre lying. I dun believe you."


"Why would I be lying? I'm telling you that I havent met such name as Kang Younghyun or whatever it is." Seulgi was about to walk out again, but Younghyun grabbed her arm while seeing her arm being weared by a shining bracelet.


"Then why did you have this bracelet?"