Chapter 4

Our Girlfriends Are Babies

Third Person's pov

After all the girls turned in the forms, they all wait around for who's gonna be called first. The older girls watch the younger one's play with the toys the hospital has sitting out.

Somi watches as Chaeyeon play's with the blocks at the small table in the corner.

Doyeon and Yoojung watch as Yeonjung play's with the dinosaurs on the table across from the small one.

While Nayoung and Sejeong watch Pinky and Chungha 'read' the books on the table.

The only kid not playing is Sohye who sits on the chair next to Mina, and do to uneasiness Sohye will attempt to climb onto Mina's lap every so often. Only to have Mina gently tell her to calm down and place her back on the chair. 

Mina watches the other kids have fun and play, and she wants Sohye to feel at ease with the others so she isn't scared.

"Sohye-ah why don't you go play with the blocks with Chae" Mina tells her gently. 

Sohye looks up and her eyes get watery just from the thought of leaving Mina's side. Mina sighing gently picks her up and walks over to where Chaeyeon is playing. "Chae-ah can Sohye-ah play with the blocks together with you?" Mina asks her.

Chaeyeon smiles widly and nods her head up at down "yeah Sohye can pway wiff me." 

Mina smiles at her and softly places Sohye down on the floor, however Sohye begins to reach for Mina while whinning and whimpering. Realising Mina isn't responding Sohye stops trying and just begins to cry. Mina listening to Sejeong's advise doesn't pick her up only tells her "Sohye-ah stop crying before you make your fever worse if you have one, I'm right over there sweetheart don't get upset."

Sohye slowly calms down but doesn't get up from the floor just sits there and sniffles a little. Mina gets up and walks over to her chair and sits down and joins the conversation while keeping an eye on Sohye.

Chaeyeon noticing that Sohye has stopped crying looks at her and realises that even if she stood up the table would be to high. So she grabs all the blocks and puts them on the floor in front of Sohye.

Chaeyeon sits down and grabs a block with a picture on it and holds it out to Sohye. Sohye looks at her for a few moments, "it's otay Sohye you can havw it."  

Sohye slowly reaches out and grabs the block from Chaeyeon's hand. Sohye holds the block with both hands before placing it down on the floor.

Chaeyeon claps her hands "yay you dwid it Sohye." 

Sohye hearing the praise claps her hands too and gives a small giggle.

Chaeyeon picks up another and holds it out, "do it again."

Sohye takes the block and holds it again before setting it on top of the other. She claps and giggles again, and this time she reaches for the block instead of Chaeyeon handing it to her. She continues this process for a couple more minutes resulting in a small tower, till Yeonjung races over holding a dinosaur, and knocks over the tower.

Sohye is shocked when her tower falls over and she begins to wail loudly. Mina startled by her wails races over and picks her up because she's crying way louder than expected. 

Mina pats her back and rocks her back and forth trying to calm her. "Sohye-ah it's okay, calm down we can rebuild it okay" however that doesn't work. So as a last resort Mina rushes over to her bag and pulls out a penguin plush and holds it in front of Sohye.

Sohye sees it and wraps her small arms around it. She rests her head on Mina's shoulder and holds the plush with 1 hand and her thumb on her other hand. Mina smiles when Sohye stops crying, she places her hand on her forehead to check and she still feels the warmth that she felt earlier.

Suddenly Mina feels a tug on her jeans, she looks down and is meet with the sad eyes of Yeonjung.

"What's wrong Jungie?" Mina asks her.

"Jungie powigize to Sohye-ah" Yeonjung says with a pout.

Mina looks at Sohye "Sohye-ah look, Jungie wants to say sorry to you."

Mina places her down on the floor in front of Yeonjung. 

"Jungie ish sowwy Sohye-ah" Yeonjung apologizes.

Sohye looks at Mina then Yeonjung before toddling forward and wrapping her small arms around Yeonjung. Mina laughs at the cute scene, but her laugh is cut short when the door opens and the nurse calls "Jung Chaeyeon." 

Chaeyeon looks up and looks scared, she looks to Somi and holds her hands out. Somi walks up and picks Chaeyeon up and makes her way to the door.

"Bye guys see you in a little bit."

 

Somi's pov

I hold Chaeyeon tightly cause she begins to shake with nerves. The nurse leads us to a bright white room and tells us to wait there and the doctor will be in shortly.

I place Chae on the examination table and pull a chair up so I'm sitting close.

"Unnie Chae scawred, Chae no wike."

I pat her head "your okay I'm right here." 

A knock on the door tells me the doctor is here. The door swings open and a nice middle aged man walks in. 

"Hello I'm Dr. Lee and I was told I will be examining 5 young children today." 

He walks over to me and Chae and shakes my hand before turning to Chae and crouching down to her level.

"Hi there little one can you tell me your name and age?"

Chaeyeon looks at me for reassurance. I give her a small nod and smile. She turns to Dr. Lee and bows slightly. "Hello um my name ish Chaeyeon and um I ish 3 years old." 

He laughs at her cuteness before nodding and bowing slightly back. "Okay Chaeyeon I'm just gonna check a few things to see if your all healthy, so no need to be nervous or scared, okay?"

"Otay" Chaeyeon answers.

The doctor smiles and takes the stethoscope from around his neck. "Okay Chaeyeon I'm just gonna check your heartbeat and your lungs."

He gently picks up Chaeyeon's shirt a little and places the cold metal against her chest. He listens for a few minutes then pulls back.

"Alright her heart sounds nice and healthy, now I'll check her back."

He gently turns Chaeyeon around and lifts her shirt just a little to listen to her lungs. 

"Okay Chaeyeon take a deep breath and hold it, okay let it out" he repeats this process a couple more times begore steping back.

"Okay her lungs sound a little congested so I'm gonna prescribe a medicine for that but she looks okay, also we are giving free flu shots would you us to give one to Chaeyeon" he asks me.

I know she hates them but in order to keep her healthy.

"Yes please, thank you very much."

He walk out to go retrieve the vaccine. I turn to Chaeyeon "okay Chae the doctor is gonna give you a shot okay." 

The minute I tell her she begins to try and climb off the bed. "No Chae no wike shots."     

I quickly grab her and hold her "Chae it's okay I'll be right here."

The doctor walks back in and walks over to us. "Okay Chae it'll only sting a little."

I hold her still while he rubs the area and gives her the shot.

"It hurwts owww" she pouts and sulks when he's done.

"All done Chaeyeon, your a very brave girl here you can have a lollipop for being good."

She pouts but picks out a strawberry flavored one. She holds her arms out to me and I pick her up and make my way to the waiting room. 

"Thank you very much doctor."

 

Third Person's pov

After Somi and Chaeyeon get back to the waiting room the others are still there waiting.

"How was it Somi?" Nayoung asks.

"It was okay but Chae has congested lungs so the doctor gave me a prescription for her" Somi tells her.

"Now we wait to see who will be next" Sejeong says.

Chaeyeon goes back over to the blocks and strats to play again when the other 3 girls run over to ask how it was.

"Chae unnie was it scawy?" Pinky asks her.

"Well not reallwy, just the shots" 

"You got a shot Chae" Chungha says.

"Yeah, but I got a lollipop."

The door suddenly opens "okay next is......"