Four

The Bond of the Twins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seung Hyun pov: 

 

 

 

After Ji-na insisted that I take Ji Hyun out, I accepted. We were walking by the beach, it was only 10 in the morning and since it wasn't summer, the beach was empty. 

 

We were walking quietly only the sound of the ocean was heard. Every once in a while, I would take a quick look at Ji Hyun and she looked nervous yet so cute. 

I first met her when I was 15. She was 13 at the time. Our parents were friends since her father was also a Lieutenant General. She was always a shy and quiet girl so I got surprised when she told me she was entering the Korean Military Academy. Seriously, not to be judgmental, but her looks didn't give her the vibes of being in the army. 

 

I have always looked at her as my sister and treated her the same way I treat Ji-na. When I turned 18, my feelings for her, however, changed. She also grew up and she turned more beautiful. Her hair was black and it got longer. Her skin was white that sometimes I joked telling her that she didn't have any color. And the most beautiful part of her was her eyes. They were almost as big as mine and they were hazel. A color that not a lot of Korean had. 

 

I was fighting with myself all the time about if I should tell her that I felt something for her or not. She was close to Ji-na so she always hangs out with us. Finally, when I mastered the courage to tell her about my feelings, my parents had an accident. My life turned upside down ever since that day and I found myself responsible for taking care of not just myself but also my twin sister. We didn't have anyone with us so I had to depend on myself.

 

The first decision, I had to make was to get into the army so I did everything I could to pass the exam to enter the Korean Military Academy. Once I made it, I knew that I can't have a normal life anymore. My life will always be in danger. It was killing me that I had to leave my sister alone and not knowing if I may make it back alive to her or not. But I had to do it. 

 

However, I didn't want to let someone else suffer. I wouldn't bare to let two women waiting for me and then getting hurt. I know I wasn't fair toward my only sister but I couldn't bring myself to be also unfair toward Ji Hyun. So the best option was to shut down all the feelings I had for her. 

 

In all the years, I spent studying, Ji Hyun was always there. I was happy with how she kept my sister company and also made sure to check on me but I couldn't just go and tell her that I love her. I don't want her to get hurt. 

I did my best to stay away from her, and when I met the boys it got easier. But then, she joined the same Academy. Thankfully, I was older so I graduated first. 

In my graduation day, Ji-na and her prepared a small night out. I wanted to refuse first but the boys insisted. The entire night, Ji Hyun kept on drinking and by the end, she was completely wasted. I didn't want to take her home in that state so I took her to our house. 

 

That wasn't it. When I was getting her to bed, she started sobbing. I was really taken aback and afraid that I did something wrong. I asked her if something wasn't right and her response got me even more shocked. In that night, Ji Hyun confessed her love to me. If it was the old me then I would have jumped up and down with joy but that confession only made me more worried. 

 

She didn't seem to remember what happen that night so I took a decision to stay away from her as much as possible. Whenever she came to see Ji-na, I always got out of the house. Every time she came to see me when I am back, each time I created a new excuse. I knew I was harsh but I thought it was the only way for her to forget about me. 

 

The guys and even Ji-na we always pushing me toward her and they told me that I should accept her feelings and all. I knew too that she was perfect for me and maybe that's the reason I wanted her to stay away from me. I don't want her to get hurt. Everyone told me that nothing will happen to me but who knows. I could not but to think of that option. 

 

At least, till this morning. Ji-na's words were true. Even there was a lot at stake, my parents went against everything and married. Till the day they died, they only kept on being happy. Whenever dad was home, my mother was the happiest person alive and I am sure it was the same for my father. They treated each other with complete love and they always acted as if they will never see each other again. Maybe that's what made their love goes strong for twenty years. 

Just the mere thought of remembering my parents, made me realize that I should too be brave enough. And even if I had just a little time to spend with Ji Hyun, I should take it. I should at least taste the happiness of having someone special for once in my life. And being a First Lieutenant, Ji Hyun was the perfect person to understand my work. 

 

'' Why are we here Oppa? '' Ji Hyun's voice brought me back to reality. 

'' Huh? '' 

She chuckled '' Why are we here? is there a reason on why you asked me for a walk? '' she asked again

'' Actually, there is '' I told her honestly. 

I walked few feets ahead of her and then stopped facing her. '' I know we should have had this talk way before this day, but it's better late than never, right? '' 

'' Y-yeah '' she stuttered looking at me with frowned brows 

'' I am not good at this kind of talks actually but I will try '' I said looking away and playing with my fingers... god I am so nervous...

'' Okay '' 

'' You remember that night? my graduation night? '' I asked and she blushed crimson with embarrassment which meant she did remember

'' About that night, I- '' she started but I cut her off

'' Let finish please '' I pleaded and she nodded '' That night, you told me something, that I always dreamt of hearing. I know this may seem crazy to you but I too did and do have feelings for you and for a very long time. But with everything that happened with my parents, I couldn't do anything about it '' I continued.

'' What?! '' Ji Hyun muttered with complete shock. Her eyes were the widest I have ever seen and her lips were slightly apart. 

''  I wanted to tell you this since a very long time but let's say that I was, a coward? haha, but it was only because I didn't want you to get hurt. You're so beautiful, smart, sweet and everything. You are practically the most perfect person I have ever known so I couldn't just risk hurting you. I can't even promise you with forever because there's a chance that my forever will be just tomorrow. I can't give you normal life all the couples have. There are a lot of things, that I can't give you Ji Hyun that why I was afraid of getting close to you '' I poured my heart out and I could see that her eyes were getting teary '' I was very aware of your feelings for me and it pained me that I had to shut you down. But not anymore, I don't know what happened but after I heard Ji-na's words it was like I finally understood what I want. I don't want to keep running away anymore, even if all we had was just a couple of days or weeks, I want to spend them with you. I want to at least for once have someone that I can share life with. And I want that person to be you Kim Ji Hyun '' I finally said 

In a blink of an eye, Ji Hyun's hands were wrapped around me and I was having one of the tightest hugs I've ever had. 

'' You have no idea for how long I was waiting to hear this words '' she reveal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter