One

The Bond of the Twins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ji-na pov: 

 

'' Unnie, here are the tests you have been waiting for '' Chae Young said as she handed me the report. 

'' Thanks, Chae, you can leave now if you want '' I informed her

'' Umm, what about you? it's already over 11 pm '' 

'' I am still here for a little while '' 

'' Oh so you're brother is still not home? '' she asked as she took off her white blouse 

'' No, he'll be here tomorrow '' I told her excitedly. It's been over a month since I last saw him and I missed him too much... 

'' Great, it's not good seeing you all sulky while he's away '' she teased

'' Yah! What do you mean by this? '' 

She chuckled '' Nothing, I will see you tomorrow unnie '' she said and waved her hands and then she left. 

The laboratory was silent all over again which helped me focus more on my job. I loved doing this. Reading tests and finding out diseases were my pleasure. Being a laboratory scientist was the best choice I made. 

 

Every time I got a complexed case, I would dedicate all of my time to solve it and discover the problem and what to do to fix it. All of my co-workers, called me crazy because I loved working on impossible cases but I always shocked them with the way I take out the information out of these results that seemed impossible to cure.

 

And in just one year, I was the top one in my lab and everyone was pleased with my job. Do you want to know my secret? it's simple. I never give up. And when things get harder, I get more competitive. I only found this in me after my parents died and I found myself alone in this cruel word. 

 

It's true that I had Seung Hyun with me and I didn't know what to do if he wasn't there. But I always wanted to depend on myself so I won't be much of a burden. This grew more after Seung Hyun started being a member of the special forces because I had more reasons to depend on myself.

He would be gone for weeks and sometimes for months and I had to stay alone. I never got used to it but what can I do? It was also the same job as my father so somehow it's wasn't so foreign to me.

 

After the death of our parents, Seung Hyun was responsible for both me and him. Thankfully, my parents left us a nice house in Hannam-dong so at least we wouldn't have to stay in the street. We had parental grandparents but they never cared about us. Not even when my parents were alive, in general, I only saw them once or twice. 

They cut off my father after he married my mother. He was the leader of his team in the special forces and my mother was just a mere nurse. They refused their relationship from the beginning but their love was stronger and dad left his parents and married my mother. 

She was also an orphan, just like me now so that's why when they died, we had no family left. We had to work part time jobs while being in university. My brother didn't let me work at first but I protested and told him that if I didn't work then I'll drop off school so that's how he agreed. 

It was hard but we had each other so it was easier. We had a bond no one understood maybe it was because we were twins. We shared the same things and went throw the same hardships. My brother was everything I had, maybe that's why Chae Young said that I always seemed out of it whenever he's away. 

 

I would be always worried till he comes home. I would be always afraid that one day I'll wake up and they would tell me his gone. His job is so dangerous. I remembered that I cried my eyes out when he told me that it was what he wanted but no matter what, he was too stubborn to change his mind. He always idolized our father so being in the special forces was somehow making him feel connected to him. 

 

 

It's been almost three years since he started his job and it was getting harder every day. Five months ago, he went on a mission for a counter-terrorism and he almost died. I felt it that day, I told you we had a special bond. Of course, being the secretive person he is, Seung Hyun hid it from me but Jiyong and Youngbae told me which resulted in them being scolded.

 

Oh, I forgot! Jiyong and Youngbae are Seung Hyun team members. My brother is the leader and Jiyong and Youngbae are with him along with Daesung and Seungri. It was due to them that I felt safer about my brother. They are great people and they are the best of friends anyone can ever ask for. They all met in college and fate played its cards and the five of them ended up being on the same team. 

 

Before they started going on missions, we would always meet up and actually, the moment I saw them we became friends. They are all sweet and caring and whenever I am with them, I have the best fun in my life. 

 

I didn't realize it has already been an hour since Chae Young left, so I stopped everything I was doing and decided to head home. I was working on a new test and it was confusing. Because at first, the results showed that the person had diabetes after deciding with the doctor his treatment, it didn't work and he was only getting worse so I had to do it again and analyze it all over again but it was already late and I had to return home so I could cook Seung Hyun's favorite meals so he could eat it tomorrow. 

 

I reached home at midnight and since I already did shopping yesterday, I had everything I needed to cook everything. After a quick shower, I changed my clothes and immediately entered the kitchen. I hardly got any sleep when Seung Hyun was away so I spent most of these nights at the lab, or at home watching TV or making some research about the newest things in the s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter