Beta (Hongbin/ABO!AU)

VIXX One-Shots V2

Hongbin lays beside Hakyeon, rubbing the small pack mark on Hakyeon’s neck. He smiles weakly, watching their omega leader rub up against it. Hakyeon whiles softly, looking up at Hongbin.
“You don’t have to stay with me when my heat breaks for a bit,” Hakyeon whispers, shivering slightly and pulling his sheets up.
“I want to. Besides, me being here means Taekwoon and Sanghyuk won’t accidentally mate or impregnate you,” Hongbin explains, and Hakyeon nods up at him.
“That’s fair. Thank you for being a clear head for me,” Hakyeon mumbles, closing his eyes again.
“I’m going to go get us something to eat and drink. You rest,” Hongbin says, as Hakyeon falls back asleep. Hongbin stands, sliding his boxers on over his hips, before slipping outside Hakyeon’s room. He stares at his reflection in the full length mirror, ignoring the thumping from the room over. He rubs his shoulder, staring at the deep scratch marks. He sighs, before moving into the kitchen to make food.

 

Hakyeon stares around at his small pack. The six of them in a small circle. He nibbles on an apple, before looking at the one claimed couple.
“Did Wonshik help you Jaehwan?” He asks softly, and Jaehwan nods from Wonshik’s lap.
“He did. We’re both good for another three months I take it,” Jaehwan says, as Wonshik plays with his hair.
“We should be. The company wants to have a comeback within this time,” Hakyeon explains, looking around at them.
“So soon?” Sanghyuk asks, reaching for a cookie on the plate in front of them.
“Not immediately, but soon,” Hakyeon clarifies, flipping a page in his note book. “But we have a fan meeting tomorrow.”
“At least that’s doable after heat,” Taekwoon says, glancing between the two omegas of the group.
“Why don’t we all get some sleep? It’s been a long few days,” Hakyeon offers, starting to pick up the tray in front of him. Sanghyuk grabs it in reflex.
“You most of all,” Sanghyuk speaks, stuffing more cookies in his mouth. Five of the six laugh, as Hongbin stares at the ground.

 


Hongbin twirls his pen between his fingers. Fans come up to the table with a mix of old and new albums to sign. He scribbles the two letters across the cover before sliding the album back. Most of the necks are bare in front of him, both of pack and mate markings. He glances down the table at Wonshik and Jaehwan, with the two marks on their necks.
“Hello.”
Hongbin looks up at smiles. An alpha stands before him, with long black hair down her back.
“Hello,” he replies, as he starts signing the cover.
“You’re my favorite,” she says, smiling at him. Hongbin relaxes slightly.
“Thank you very much.”
“It’s a shame you’re a beta though,” she mutters under her breath.
Hongbin’s grip tightens, and the end of the signature is wobbly.
“Thank you for coming,” he says, handing the album back, not seeing the look from Hakyeon.

 

“Why are we having a meeting again?” Sanghyuk whines, laying across the ground.
Hakyeon sits up, holding his hand out with his palm up. “Pack VIXX, not idol VIXX.”
Sanghyuk sits up immediately, and grabs onto part of Hakyeon’s hand. The rest follow suit, looking up at Hakyeon.
“You know that I care about all of you, and this pack is important to me. Every single one of you is important, regardless of rank,” Hakyeon speaks, lingering on Hongbin. The rest turn, and Hongbin drops his hand down.
“But being beta is so worthless, and our fanbase hates that I’m a beta,” Hongbin whispers.
Hakyeon reaches out to grab Hongbin’s hand and squeezes it tight.
“What makes you think that?” Hakyeon asks, as Hongbin shakes his head.
“I can’t ing mate. Omegas want me as an alpha and alphas want me as an omega. I’m worthless on both ends to them. I can’t have a life like Wonshik and Jaehwan have. You guys get mates, and I’m alone,” Hongbin speaks, yanking his hand free and starting to cry into them.
Hakyeon grabs Hongbin’s neck and pulls it up. “You know what’s here right?” Hakyeon speaks, pushing his thumb into Hongbin’s neck.
Hongbin nods weakly, as Hakyeon forces Hongbin to look into his eyes. “It means that you’ll never be alone. You have a pack that will never leave you.”
Hongbin sniffles, and moves forward. He nuzzles against Hakyeon’s mark, submitting against him.
“Thank you,” Hongbin whispers, as he feels warmth pressed around him. He lifts his head, and looks behind him to see the rest. He sniffles, before curling back in against Hakyeon, smiling into his neck.

 

 

 

A/N: This is a little thing I whipped up after reading a completely different ABO thing. (-<) <3 ^_^