Dancing Demons

VIXX One-Shots V2

Wonshik stands in the middle of the hardwood floor. He pounds at the center of the room, groaning out. His phone sits by the speaker, pounding out bass through them.
“What do I even do?” He complains, forcing his body to move in awkward movements. He lays on the ground, taking small comfort in the music. He closes his eyes, feeling the music through his body, letting it calm him.
The music ends too soon and too suddenly.
Wonshik cracks his eyes open, and looks at the figure by the speaker. “What are you doing Sanghyuk?”
Sanghyuk smirks, revealing sharp points over his lips. He ruffles his purple hair, pulling out Wonshik's phone. Wonshik winces at the static, as Sanghyuk puts in his own.
“You aren't using the studio. Go loathe at home,” Sanghyuk explains, crossing his arms. Wonshik locks eyes with Sanghyuk's golden ones, before sitting up.
“Damn self-entitled vampires,” Wonshik mumbles under his breath. Sanghyuk chuckles.
“I can hear you.”
“Damn super-hearing,” Wonshik mutters, moving to grab his bag. Sanghyuk laughs some more, as Wonshik grabs his phone. He shoves it in his pocket, before leaving the studio. He rubs his eyes, stretching his arms above his head.
He steps in front of Studio A, one of the studio's older and closer to the entrance, compared to Studio F. The door is open, revealing a figure inside.
Soft music floats out, matching the slow and graceful movements. Wonshik gawks at the slim figure, watching him push up onto the balls of his feet. Gentle prepares into center leaps. Turns which keep going for several eight counts. Kicks high above his head, toes pointed out.
Slight confusion takes over Wonshik when he sees the slits in the shirt. It doesn't last, as he slowly gets back into the man's movements. He sets down his bag, sitting down to watch him.
The music slowly turns more dramatic, with beautiful motions to match. Wonshik watches him spin, as the tension in the song builds. The man lands, bringing his arms up with a foot touched in front. Pure black wings shoot out from the shirt, through the slits.
Wonshik gasps, watching them flap slowly. The man turns to him, eyes glowing red. He steps forward as the song restarts.
“It's not polite to watch,” he speaks, as his wings flap slowly. Wonshik freezes for a moment, gawking at the beauty before him.
“I'm sorry. You're just beautiful,” Wonshik whispers, dipping his head down. The man steps until he's right in front of Wonshik. He kneels down, wrapping his wings around his arms. He smiles, pushing a black hair of his own back.
“Thank you. My name is Hakyeon, Hyde demon,” he speaks, folding his wings against his back.
“Wonshik, human,” Wonshik mutters, watching Hakyeon stand up. He stares at his long legs, gasping out when they move.
“Come here. At least watch where I can see you properly,” Hakyeon commands softly. Wonshik nods, moving inside. Hakyeon restarts the song, slowly pulling Wonshik back into a trance.
Wonshik smiles, pulling his legs up, watching Hakyeon easily, smiling whenever the wings move out. He figures he could learn to love watching Hakyeon dance.

 

Wonshik stands just outside the dance studio. He gazes through the window, watching Hakyeon dance, wings stretched out to the sides.
“Just ask him out.”
Wonshik jumps, turning to face Sanghyuk. He scowls, aiming to hit his arm. The slap lands, before Wonshik howls out in pain.
“I really hate that you're a vampire some days,” he groans, holding onto his hand. Sanghyuk rolls his eyes, running a thumb under one of his fangs. The cut bleeds, before Sanghyuk grabs Wonshik's hand. He rubs small amount around the skin, before he lets it drop.
“Ask him out,” Sanghyuk demands, crossing his arms. Wonshik looks over at Hakyeon through the window, shaking his head.
“I-I can't,” Wonshik mumbles, watching Hakyeon sink to the floor.
“You are so gay,” Sanghyuk speaks, rolling his eyes.
“First off, I am bi, thank you very much. Second, you have no room to talk,” Wonshik counters, looking up at him. Sanghyuk smirks, his golden eyes darkening slightly. Wonshik’s eyes widen. “.”
Wonshik feels the hands on his arms, before he slides across the floor in front of Hakyeon. He groans, trying to not look up out of embarrassment. He watches Hakyeon's feet as he steps over to him.
“Hello Wonshik,” he speaks, sitting down beside him, as the music floats out from the speakers. Wonshik feels the air from the wings, floating toward him. He sits up slowly, keeping his head down.
“Hi,” he mumbles, as Hakyeon tilts his up with two fingers.
“Are you okay?” Hakyeon asks, blinking his red eyes. Wonshik finds himself frozen again as he looks into them.
“I am now,” he speaks, smiling weakly. Hakyeon smiles back, removing his hands. He walks to his phone, tapping the screen to turn off the music.
“How do you feel about coffee?” Hakyeon asks, grabbing a bag with such simple grace.
“I–” Wonshik coughs, looking down to avoid staring at Hakyeon in his loose black shirt and tight black pants. “I don't hate it.”
“Come on then. I know a place,” Hakyeon speaks, turning on the balls of his feet. He fixes his hair in the mirror, as Wonshik stands up. Hakyeon folds his wings against his back, smiling when Wonshik stands by his side.

 

Hakyeon watches Wonshik play with the small kittens on the floor. He flaps his wings, as a small plastic cup is set in his hands.
“Thanks, Taekwoon,” he whispers, looking over at him. Taekwoon's green eyes blink, the black slits glaring at him.
“What is he?” He asks, picking at his claws. Hakyeon sips from his drink, banana taking over his tongue.
“Human.”
“You know that's not a good idea.”
“It can't be that bad.”
“That means you've only met him in the day.”
Hakyeon sighs, looking down at his drink. He rubs the cool plastic, letting his wings fall.
“I've just met him. I don't want to lose him,” he says, as Wonshik looks up at him, waving a kittens paw at him. Hakyeon forces a smile, waving back. Wonshik laughs, deep enough to make Hakyeon's smile slightly more real.
“Tell him before N does,” Taekwoon speaks, leaving Hakyeon alone with his drink.

 

Wonshik stomps out a beat, matching the music. He smirks, moving to the song with rhythm he hasn't felt in a long time. He turns, pounding the ground hard enough to make the room shake. He pants, before sliding onto the ground.
A different song plays, slower than the one before. Wonshik laughs, laying on his back. He arches his back up, shoes sliding across the floor.
“Hey Wonshik.”
A smile eases onto Wonshik's face. He's grateful that dancing gave him an excuse for flushed skin.
“Hey Hakyeon,” he greets, looking up at him. Hakyeon smiles weakly, scratching at his neck. He steps forward, resting a foot behind the other.
“Wonshik. I need to say something,” he whispers, as Wonshik swivels around to face him.
“Yeah?” He asks, smiling up at him.
Something in Hakyeon can't bring him to say what he needs to say. He his lips, tilting his head and smiling wider.
“The dance looks nice,” he whispers, before turning away.
Wonshik smiles wider, real compared to Hakyeon's fake. “Thank you.”
Hakyeon nods once, before walking to the door.
“Hakyeon!”
He turns back, looking at Wonshik. Wonshik gulps, rubbing his hands together.
“Would you like to go out on a date sometime?”
Hakyeon bites his lip, watching Wonshik worry himself.
“I-I think I would.”

 

Wonshik stands outside the cat cafe from their first meet up outside the studio. He shuffles his feet, adjusting sleeves of his shirt. He rubs the red rose in his hand, inhaling its sweet scent.
“You showed up.”
Wonshik smiles, turning to face Hakyeon. His red eyes are outlined by black eyeliner. He smiles, and holds out the rose, grateful he spent all the time looking for one which matches Hakyeon's eyes.
“Of course I did.”
Hakyeon smiles weakly, taking it from him. He rubs the petals.
“Thank you,” he whispers, as Wonshik exhales out.
“Yeah. No problem. You look nice,” he speaks, making Hakyeon blush.
“You aren't bad either,” Hakyeon says back, before Wonshik leads him away.

 

Hakyeon watches the sun near the western half of the sky. Wonshik sits beside him, holding a paper boat of street food. The bench under them creaks, as Hakyeon shifts.
“Wonshik?” He calls out, looking over at him. Wonshik smiles at Hakyeon, putting the food down.
“Yeah, Hakyeon?” He says, looking at him. Hakyeon smiles weakly, rubbing his hands together.
“What do you know about Hyde demons?” He asks, pulling his legs up.
“Not much. Aren't you guys rare?” Wonshik answers, eating some more.
“Something of the sort. We get killed a lot. We. We have two sides. Our good and evil,” Hakyeon starts, looking over at him. “I-I really don't know if you should meet my other side.”
“Hakyeon,” Wonshik mutters, scooting closer to him. He pulls Hakyeon closer, hugging him tightly. Hakyeon sighs, pulling away.
“Wonshik, just trust me. N would ruin you,” he whispers, before standing up. Wonshik watches him, his heart growing heavy. Hakyeon leans forward, cupping Wonshik's cheek, kissing his forehead. “Thank you for today.”
Hakyeon walks away, leaving Wonshik alone on the bench. He holds back his tears until he's out of Wonshik's sight. Wonshik drops his head down, hitting his skull, wondering where he went wrong.

 

“Come on, Wonshik! You need get over him!”
“No,” Wonshik whines, nuzzling deeper into his pillows.
“Come out with me. The CCBI club is open and I want to go.”
“Jaehwan, you just want to be used by the dimpled incubus from the last club,” Wonshik mutters, as his blanket is torn away.
“I do, but that's not the point. Come on,” Jaehwan says, dragging Wonshik out of it bed. He falls with a thud, as Jaehwan pulls him to his closet. He groans, slowly becoming a dead weight. “I'll get Sanghyuk in here.”
“He made this mess,” Wonshik mutters, as Jaehwan pants. Jaehwan drops Wonshik's hair, resting his hands on his knees.
“Don't care. We are going out.”
Wonshik rolls onto his stomach, groaning into the floor. Jaehwan rolls his eyes, and moves to start pulling clothes from Wonshik's closet.

 

Wonshik sits in the corner of the bar. He watches Jaehwan dance with the incubus on the dance floor. He swirls his drink around, as fingertips tap over his back. He turns, finding black wings in front of him. They're pulled back, revealing sharp red eyes surrounded with smoky black.
“Hakyeon?” Wonshik whispers, as light laughter reaches his ears over the music.
“Silly human. My name is N. Don't mistake me for my weak half.” Wonshik gulps, as N moves forward. A hand moves forward, sliding under Wonshik's shirt. “But I can see why he likes you. You're very fit.”
“He likes me?” Wonshik asks, as N steps closer, curling his wings around him.
“I'd almost say love,” N explains, grabbing Wonshik's cheeks with one hand. “But I don't believe in such human emotions.”
Wonshik pants, as N steps closer still, pressing their chests together.
“But I do believe in lust. Something I think I'd like to exploit with you.”
N pulls Wonshik down, taking his lips into his teeth. Wonshik gasps, pulling back, shaking his head.
“You're evil.”
N laughs once, hallow and sarcastic. “I'm confident, and I say what I want and feel. Now, do you want this or not?”
“Please,” Wonshik whispers, before N takes Wonshik back into his mouth. N smirks grabbing onto Wonshik's arm, digging it nails into the skin. N slides into Wonshik's lap, flicking his tongue out against Wonshik's lips. Wonshik gasps, before N pulls back.
“Come now, lover boy. I'm taking you to my place.”

 

Wonshik groans, stretching his arms up as he opens his eyes. He sits up, not finding himself in his own house. He turns, smiling when he sees Hakyeon by his side. Sunlight shines over both of them, as Wonshik lays back down. He cups Hakyeon's cheek, rubbing the soft skin. Hakyeon nuzzles into the touch, making small sounds. His wings flap behind him, as he smiles in his sleep.
“You're beautiful,” Wonshik mutters, voice rough from sleep and the night before. “N isn't so bad. Please let me stay.”
Hakyeon opens his eyes, looking up at Wonshik. He gently pulls off Wonshik's hand, shaking his head.
“It's dangerous. Demon and human relations are never the best,” Hakyeon whispers, looking at him.
“I don't care. I want you. I want to hold your hand and dance with you and kiss you. You're dangerous because you make me feel happy and you can take that away,” Wonshik says, grabbing onto Hakyeon's hand. “Please don't take that away.”
Hakyeon looks down, closing his eyes. “I won't if you won't.”
Wonshik smiles weakly, moving down to kiss Hakyeon's lips. “I promise I won't.”
Hakyeon kisses him back before curling into Wonshik's chest. “Then I won't either.”
Wonshik plays with Hakyeon's hair, before he pecks his forehead. He holds Hakyeon close, before they both fall asleep, finally both at peace.

 

 

 

 

A/N: and so the posting begins again. I really like this AU. I hope you guys do too. This will be a catch-all for things that aren't chaptered, hyukken or wontaek. Don't expect consiscancy. Until the next~ (-<) <3 ^_^