Champion

Guilty Carnation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter 6 – Champion~

            Hyungwon knows what cruelty is because he's experienced it firsthand for a long time by the same hands who have brought him into this world. But this, whatever it is that Minhyuk and him are stuck in, is far beyond that and has steadily leaked into the confines of torture.

            Their captors have given up their needles and IV drips and are now moving on to pills. The pills were small and colored a bluish purple like the petals on a delphinium. They were disgustingly bitter if kept on the tongue for too long. Hyungwon wasn't sure if they were designed that way purposefully to prevent them from spitting it out but what he does know is that they're going to die if they keep ingesting it.

            The people that come in to give them the pills and check if they swallowed them are dressed in hospital scrubs. Hyungwon hates them and Minhyuk has tried more than once to bite off their fingers when they get too close to his mouth. This is the reason why they're gassed lightly before the people in scrubs are allowed in, the gas makes them more docile and completely erases the fight out of them.

            "The gas is leaking through again." Minhyuk says as he sits up and looks up at the misting vent above his bed. He looks paler and thinner than ever and his dark hair is beginning to hang into his dulling eyes making it look shaggy. Minhyuk looks completely lifeless, like he's given up.

            Hyungwon swallows the lump beginning to form in the back of his throat as he looks away from Minhyuk and wills himself into a sitting position as well. He doesn't know what to say and the only thing that comes forth from his lips is the obvious. "Another dose is coming."

            The people in scrubs begin to unlock the door when the gas stops and Hyungwon's head starts to feel as if the weight of the world has settled itself into his skull. His vision also slightly blurs if he moves too quickly but that doesn't matter to the people in scrubs as one of them grabs him by the jaw and forces a pill between his lips along with a squirt of water. He swallows on reflex and feels the pill slide down his throat and settle in his stomach like a rock.

            With the job done, the person in charge of Hyungwon turns away to set his things down on the cart they brought all their supplies on. He watches them all the while

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter