Lose

Guilty Carnation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter 1 – Lose~

            It was foolish to think they, alone, could defy what had kept them oppressed.

            In this small town they once called home there was only so far that they could go.

            Really they should have known this, they should have seen this coming from miles away but they were blinded by the one thing they thought they had in their hands. Hope.

            So many things went wrong all at once.

            Minhyuk heard the officials coming towards them at full speed first. The footsteps sounded louder than pounding rain as the officials made their way through the forest with little regard for stealth. They must have been followed all along and now that they have what the officials want out in the open there's no longer any need for the officials to hold their attack. Minhyuk opens his mouth to warn the others of the approaching danger but the blast of a loud siren has his words lost among the sound. In the end, the warning from him would have been useless since it was already far too late.

            The chaos broke out within mere seconds.

            Shownu barely had enough time to turn around and shove Wonho out of harm's way before he felt a blow struck him in the back of his head rendering him dizzy and nauseous as his vision swam and blurred. Someone called out his name. It may have been Jooheon, he was the next closest to him. Or Minhyuk, it was probably more likely Minhyuk, because Shownu thinks he saw a flash of white before he fell to his knees but then again they were all wearing white.

            Shownu didn't have long to contemplate it though, the officials swarmed them after the initial blow and he was too disorientated now to be able to fight them off with clarity. It didn't hurt, the blow to the back of his head, there was no pain only impact and the world began to spin. Even without the ability to feel pain Shownu still was not as invincible as he thought he could be. The officials surrounded him in no time. There were a handful of them, as if they were only the first platoon deployed that managed to successfully follow after them, so there isn't a doubt that they've called for back up now which only decreases any chance of them getting out of this alive.

            "Shownu!" Minhyuk screamed and brought his gun forward to shoot, to make the officials pause and give Shownu some time to get himself together and run like hell with them, to do something. But it was futile.

            They had to run, not fight. In a fight of what seems like twenty, soon to be hundreds with the possible threat of back up coming, versus only seven, now six, there was just no chance. A quarter of the officials were on Shownu trying to stop him from struggling while the rest were busy trying to capture the power source and pull it from the sky. Shownu tries to see through the officials holding him down to catch a glimpse of his friends, tries to convey to his friends that he is no longer their priority, tries to tell them to save themselves, because he's not worth all of them dying here on this forsaken hill.

            "Run! Go!" Shownu feels the back of his head pulse aggravatingly but still there was no pain, "Don't save me!"

            The six of them use just a fraction of a second to pause in their scatter. Could they really live with themselves if they did this? But as another siren rings out again signaling most likely another round of officials coming, Wonho bites his lips so hard they bleed and makes the hardest decision he's ever had to and shoves Kihyun forward making sure that the two youngest Jooheon and I.M are ahead of them running at full speed.

            Minhyuk sees and as Kihyun reaches out to push him and Hyungwon forward as the four of them run past, Minhyuk still can't bring himself to make an immediate decision. He deliberates, conflicted between what's really right and wrong. His mind knows, his heart argues with it though, and his body just won't move.

            "Minhyuk!" Hyungwon's voice cuts above all other noise and he grabs the back of Minhyuk's jacket and pulls hard.

            For the first time Minhyuk actually fights against Hyungwon's grip as it makes his decision for him, "Hyungwon! No! Shownu! We have-"

            "To run!" Hyungwon pulls on the back of Minhyuk's jacket again, "It doesn't look like they're going to kill him! If their goal was to kill they would have done it already! They're trying to capture us for some reason!"

            "We can't just leave Shownu there with them!"

            "We can't but we have to Minhyuk! Once those s finish tying up Shownu they're going to come after us next!"

            "I-"

            "I'm not losing you too!" Hyungwon says with one last pull on Minhyuk's jacket, "Not you!"

            "We swore an oath to each other!" Minhyuk shrieks in retaliation before he breaks free from Hyungwon's grip and id

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter