Her story.

Destined to fall
angel2.jpg
Please beware, this chapter contains description of violence, blood and character death.
 

It ended the same way it began.

All of their memories flashed through her eyes. Of their love. Of all times.

Firstly, she saw them when they accidently touched for the first time.  And now when she is dying. At the beginning and in the end. Like always.

Sometimes it happened on a hospital bed, her crinkled hand in his forever soft ones, her smile telling a never ending tale of goodbyes and hellos. Sometimes she dreamt about it and the next day she didn’t wake up. Sometimes he wasn’t beside her: when it didn’t happened because of old age but an accident. Like now.

In the wrong place. At the wrong time. Her crimson blood splattered on the wooden floor. Gasping for air, pleading for a little more time. But someone who loved the evil as much as she did wasn’t even worthy of mercy. She knew that he would blame himself for not being able to protect her but who could? Nobody expected bloodshed at an exhibition. Not even the Hell’s ruler could predict something like this.

For someone who remembers dozens of her own deaths, she wasn’t ready to already face a new one. Only a few months after she found him again or rather he found her. He was never as selfless as the protagonists of romantic movies to tell her to find someone else. He never wanted to push her away or played hard to get. He wanted her too much and eventually they were pulled closed by an unknown magnetizing power. However, sometimes she got the feeling that he prolonged their meeting on purpose. Sometimes he avoided touching her for so long so that they could get to know each other all over again. But sometimes he kissed her right away like he missed her like hell. He probably did. And the moment their lips touched, she also remembered every wasted moment and she never wanted anything more than to cherish it. Him. The love of her whole existence: every past, present and future lives. The man of her dreams. Her angel. Her always.

In this life, she called him Taehyung.

His name sounded like a prayer on her pale, sinner lips and the whole world became blurry. Maybe it’s better this way. Taehyung wouldn’t have wanted her to see the destruction he left on the place. The revenge he took on the terrified guy who pulled the trigger. People like him who feared God’s wrath clearly didn’t experience his. It was a mess, an artistic chaos made out of love and hate.

The silence was cold in the museum and she started shivering in the bath of her own blood. With her last breathes she asked for him, some of his embracing warmth.   

“Shh… baby, don’t talk. The ambulance is on its way,” he shushed her holding her hand tightly and cursed because he couldn’t do anything to save her. Despite having so much power, he wasn’t almighty. He looked so helpless with tears glimmering in his eyes that it broke her heart.

“I’m tired,” she whispered untangling their hands and touched his cheeks with bloody fingertips. She left her trace on his unearthly features which made him look a little more humane. From this angle, him above her, he always looked beautiful, even when his face crumbled in grief.

“No, please… Please don’t leave me. Not yet,” he begged but she knew it was in vain. She couldn’t even feel pain anymore and with a forced smile she wiped away the tears that were straining his handsome face.

“Don’t worry. We will meet in my next life,” she promised in a quiet, shaky voice but still confidently. “In which I’ll love you even more.”

The last thing she saw was his coal black eyes that hold the whole starry universe. One of the things that made her fall in love. For her, the pitch darkness wasn’t scary and his heart hidden behind dozens of locks wasn’t ugly. The scars on his back were never the sign of disgrace but bravery and proof of his adoration. If loving him was a sin, she would never make confessions because regret had no part in this equation. Just him and her forever in love.

And the circle started all over again.

 


I still can't believe that Destined to fall won the drabble contest! Personally, I fell in love with this whole fallen angel au and I was so hyped up, after a while it didn't felt complete without the girl's pov. So let's consider this as a thank you sequel for everyone who enjoyed my drabble! ♥