Magics & Spells Part 2

The Magical You

Chapter 1.2: Magics & Spells Part 2

Word Count: 5,890 words

Posted: 02/18/17

 


 

 

One month has been passed since the misunderstanding that occur between Baekhyun, Luhan and Lay in the Magic Box. If you’re going to ask Luhan what actually did he felt about it, he wouldn’t dare say any lies and would admit that Baekhyun and Lay did really pissed him off. Because as his best friend, he really did expect that the two would support him on his decisions in life. Just like how he immediately accepted and supported Baekhyun when he found out he is a vampire slayer. Or how he can tolerate Lay and even give him friendly advices on his unrequited love towards Baekhyun even though it hurts Luhan a lot. So, just imagine how Luhan felt when his two most trusted people in his life just dare to make fun of him. Even though Baekhyun and Lay didn’t literally show it, it still hurts Luhan just the same. Because the time when Baekhyun questioned Luhan about his actions, also feels like the time that Baekhyun made fun of Luhan and show how pathetic the latter was for believing in magics. Baekhyun and Lay did apologize to Luhan the next day, though.

 

And of course, Luhan would always be the one who forgive so easily. He can’t really be mad for a long time towards his two best friend. And of course, Baekhyun and Lay couldn’t be more happier than ever, seeing their best friend smile at them again. It has been a month since that happened. It has also been a month since the confession and the rejection Luhan felt towards his best friend, Lay. And of course, after that confession night on The XOXO bar, none of the two decided to open up the topic regarding the unrequited love Luhan has for Lay. It’s like, the confession never happened. No one bothered to talk about it and they both act like they were still the best friends they ever were since kindergarten. Of course, Luhan is thankful Lay still look at him and treats him just the same and nothing really changed about their friendship, but still a little bit disappointed by the fact that Lay acts like he didn’t really care about Luhan’s feelings.

 

He never really bothered talking to Luhan about it and never even tried to hide the longing and sadness he felt whenever he saw Chanyeol and Baekhyun together and Luhan will be by his side, looking at him with the same sad expression he’s giving towards the couple. Sometimes, Luhan just wanted to curse at Lay. Because, how can the latter be so insensitive to the fact that Luhan is in love with him and he might be hurting as well?! No, not just might. Luhan is really hurting. Luhan wouldn’t actually know what he would do if it weren’t for Baekhyun who offered his shoulder just for Luhan to cry on. Baekhyun, of course, knew about Luhan’s love towards Lay. Hell, Baekhyun was the very first person who Luhan confessed on to about his growing love he’s having towards Lay. Baekhyun was also the one who told him that he should not waste time and just go and confess to Lay, and accept Lay’s answer with his whole heart whether it’s bad or good.

 

Sometimes, Luhan just wanted to laugh on the situation he’s currently in. Because, isn’t their situation really funny? Him, being in love with Lay. And Lay being in love with Baekhyun which is both their best friend and is in love with Chanyeol. And Baekhyun being Luhan’s best friend as well, became the very first person who get to know about his feelings for his other best friend Lay and even told him to take a risk and just confess his feelings towards the latter. Not to mention that Baekhyun was also the one comforting him because Lay couldn’t love Luhan back because of Baekhyun himself. It’s funny, really. Luhan wanted to laugh on their crazy situation. But of course, Baekhyun didn’t know.

 

Luhan still understand that if ever there’s someone who should tell Baekhyun that Lay is in love with him, it’s the latter itself. He still respects Lay and he hopes that one day he would grow some balls and would actually confessed his feelings for the latter and just let it out because it’s hard keeping all the pain and love all for yourself. Someday, it would just burst and who the hell knows what might happen if those hidden feelings just burst? It would probably took a lot more damage than what would everyone expect to. But in anyway, Luhan decided that he shouldn’t be the one to tell Baekhyun about Lay’s unrequited love towards him. It’s not his secret to tell, anyways. So when Baekhyun asked him why did Lay rejects him (because he himself can’t believe that Lay actually rejects Luhan, he actually think they would make a great couple someday and it wouldn’t be really hard falling for one another since they actually know each other since diapers), Luhan just simply answered that sometimes, love can’t be learned. And in Lay’s case, he only love Luhan as a best friend and nothing more. Baekhyun understands though, without knowing the fact that he is actually one of the main reason why Luhan is rejected.

 

But Luhan being Luhan, he actually didn’t want to blame Baekhyun or Lay because of the cause of his heart break. And he as well didn’t want Baekhyun to blame himself because that’s exactly what the latter would do if ever he found out about it, Luhan just know that. So, to forget the heart break and all the rejections, all the pain he’s been hiding and keeping inside his pure heart, Luhan decided to just focus on one thing. And for a whole month, Luhan can pretty say he’s getting to it. He can sense some improvement unlike a month before where he really didn’t know where to start, actually. But now, everything’s going on his way. And to say that Luhan is obsessed is an understatement. Luhan lives for the magic and spells now. A whole month has passed, and Luhan’s world started to change.

 

He’s always missing in action whenever EXO has a meeting at the Magic Box. Hell, Luhan hasn’t been updated at all on the gang’s new target or if there is a new demon or a powerful vampire lurking in town. For a whole month, he always spends his time alone. On his dormitory. Reading some books about magics and spells and sometimes, he would even perform some rituals that would help him calm the essence of his mind and bring a powerful energy to his body. He even decided to join some mini group organization in their university consisting of a small amount of students from different departments whose also interested in magical rituals and stuffs. After class, they would meet at some cafe nearby or they would have a short meeting on the university’s field and there, they would talk a lot of things about the Gods and Goddesses they should ask for a blessing for when doing magical rituals. Luhan have joined that group for almost a month now and he’s been really expecting to do more than rituals and discussing stuffs about Gods and Goddesses sooner later. Like, maybe actually planning on doing real magics wherein they would use each others energy to control the gravity or the forces on their surroundings.

 

But for a month, those things never happened. Luhan was losing his patience, to be honest. It’s like, every small meeting they would have, the leader and the other students would just pray towards a certain God or Goddess and would ask for a good luck, pure heart and a calm mind and would just simply discuss stuffs about how prayers or asking for help towards this certain God/Goddess would help them to avoid the problems and stress in life. Like, how cliche was that, right?! Luhan thought he have already gone through that process a few weeks ago. And because he can’t wait anymore, and because of boredom, he actually already planned on making his very own spell and ritual alone. That’s where Luhan understands that no one, not even the students in their mini unofficial organization, would understand him. No one would actually understand that what Luhan wants is to make a real magical spell, not any form of prayer rituals that he have already gone pass through when he started studying about magics! So when full moon came, Luhan actually made his very first magical spell and ritual.

 

For the past few days, he’s been studying on how someone can move a certain object by the use of the energy a certain person’s mind is conceiving. Luhan believes the mind consists of a very powerful force of energy. The mind can stock a lot of knowledge and information. Luhan believes that without our brain, the world had long deteriorated even before. The mind is the body’s number one source of energy. If it doesn’t function, the body won’t too. So, if the mind can tell oneself what a person should do for a certain day, Luhan believes he can use the mind’s energy and force to create a subtle connection between him and the object around him. No one could understand what the power our mind have. So, Luhan wanted to try and test it.

 

So, that certain full moon Luhan decided to give it a try. Starting the spell with the mini ritual and prayer, asking the Gods and Goddesses of magics and spells to give him strength and a calming mind. Because when one’s mind is calm, Luhan is sure it could hold a lot of energy and it would stay like that as long as there is focus and no one would try to distract him. Just to make sure, the deer boy locked his door and turned off his phone along with the light until the only thing that gives off brightness in the dark room is the candles surrounding his sitting figure at the middle. As soon as the words and chants left his mouth, he started taking action with the use of the pencil which is peacefully placed on the carpeted floor in front of him. Linking all the forces and energy he has on his body and mind, he focused his dark brown eyes into the piece of object in front of him. And it doesn’t even take a few seconds until the pencil started lifting off the ground and started hanging in the air like there were some invisible strings holding on to it. But in Luhan’s case, there aren’t any. And it took him too long to realize that... yeah!

 

Luhan finally did it! His very first try was a success! He successfully lifted the object on the ground and up in the air! Luhan was more than happy, he broke into a very wide grin. He even laugh and he’s pretty sure tears are already b on the side of his eyes. He can’t wait to tell this to his friends! He can’t wait to show to anyone that they are all wrong! Magics are indeed real. It only takes time, a lot of prayers and rituals, focus, hope and energy to make a one unbelievable magic came into life!

 

And for a second there, Luhan finally found himself. That’s the moment where he finally realized that magic and spells are his destiny. He finally found something to live for in this cruel world. That moment, Luhan finally realized that even a nobody like him has some worth in this world. He only needs time and a lot of focus and studying about magics and he is very sure he can make a lot of bigger spells and magics than just by lifting an object in the air. And who knows? He might probably become a one big help to the gang using his knowledge about different spells and using his powers towards the powerful demons and strong vampires. For once, Luhan will probably prove to himself and to his friends that he is not just a simple nerd student who knows nothing but to study and to evoke himself in danger. Even though Baekhyun never really mentioned it (and he’s probably sure he wouldn’t like it when he found out about this), Luhan still feels like he’s some sort of burden towards his friends.

 

Because, admit it or not, he’s the most weakest in the gang. He never have any strength like Baekhyun. Hell, he’s so feminine and so fragile even a simple drunken man could beat him into shreds. Even though he’s a boy, he’s still nothing like Lay. Hell, he considers himself intelligent but Suho is more intelligent. There’s nothing he knows that Suho didn’t know. But now, with the use of his newly found powers, he could be a great help to the gang and oh! How much he can’t wait to show them what he got now. Luhan tried to make a short movement using his mind energy towards the pencil in the air.

 

He focused and passed all the force he had towards the unmoving object in the air. And it didn’t take long until it spin around and Luhan broke into another proud smile once again. But it doesn’t take too long as well until the pencil’s movement became uncontrollable and it went straight, attacking onto Luhan’s direction. It doesn’t take long for Luhan to realize that he lost the control over the force of the object and immediately ducked once the pencil points on him and went in a full speed towards his direction. But since he’s fast enough to duck immediately, the pencil crashed to his bed and fell on the floor. Luhan let out a sheepish smile and pout. “Well, so much for the first time. But hey, it’s not that bad,” Luhan tell himself.

 

The next morning, he decided to tell Baekhyun about it. He even tried showing to the latter his newly found powers but Baekhyun just smile at him and simply congratulated him. Yet, doesn’t even giving him a chance to show him exactly what he’s got and immediately bid his goodbye, saying he’s already late for his first class. He also tried showing it to Lay but obviously, Lay’s facial expression all screams “I doesn’t give a .”, so Luhan just smile and try to hide the disappointment in his chest. Because, how can his both best friend be so inconsiderate towards his feelings? It’s like, they never really support him or do they still think Luhan is just crazy and childish for believing on such stuffs? But no matter what, it still hurts Luhan. A lot. He does miss his friends. He admits magic took almost all of his time and there would even came to the point where he wouldn’t talk to Baekhyun or to Lay for almost a day because he’s too busy studying for magics and performing rituals with his small group.

 

Luhan sighed. It’s like, he’s all alone on his new discovery. He can’t even get to talk to someone who would actually understand. Who would believe him and would tell him that magics aren’t that crazy and childish. That magics are in fact... real. And true. And perfect. But too bad, there’s just no one around him who can see that. Not even the other students on the small ‘magical’ group organization.

 

But of course, that wouldn’t let Luhan down anymore. For once, he finally found a purpose in his life. And he wouldn’t just let anyone, not even his friends, to ruin it. He just needs time. And for now, well, there still might be some mistakes. But he can proudly say that he is able to easily lift or move any other object with the use of his mind. He also found out something about lifting an object or moving. When an object is small, it would only require him a little bit of his energy and he could easily lift it without a second thought. But if the objects are big and heavy enough, like cabinets, refrigerators, drawers... it would took him a lot of focus and energy that sometimes, he would even sweat and he would pass out or his nose would bleed because he’s not that powerful enough yet.

 

But the last time he checked, he successfully made it. He lifted his cabinet and tried to move it onto another spot on his room. And he successfully make it! Though, it cause him some dizziness and sweats on his forehead, it’s still worth trying. Luhan learned that to lift a heavier object, he need not to be tired or restless but the opposite. He needs a lot of focus, a lot of energy and a peaceful mind. He should not be nervous or let any emotion drown inside him while doing so. Or else, the object would just move slightly but wouldn’t totally move or be lifted in the ground just like what he wants to do. Well, in another words, lifting heavy objects is a one hell damned head ache than lifting smaller objects.

 

But still, Luhan is happy because he can simply do now the most basic when it comes to magics. Which is lifting or moving an objects, of course. And if he can do that, Luhan believes he can do something more. Something much bigger. Something much powerful and would be a lot of help to him and to his friends. “So... what I was saying here is we should focus a lot more on the nature and our surroundings when we do this ritual. I’ve search this through internet and even tried this at home. And I really think this is an effective ritual for those who want a peaceful mind and to washed away all the worries in your hearts. Having a presentation soon on one of your subjects? Reviewing for your upcoming exams? I’m sure we all are nervous. There would always be something that would make us nervous and uneasy in some way. So... with the help of Goddess Malaka, we could gather all our strength together and our energy to provide ourselves the peaceful expression and let her guide us on our path,” the mini ‘magical’ group organization leader, Irene, said as they sat down in a circle and hold each others hands.

 

Luhan’s class have already ended half an hour ago. And, someone from the group messaged him saying there will be having some small ‘magical’ meeting that afternoon at the university’s field. Luhan, of course, even though he’s starting to get annoyed because of all this rituals and Gods and Goddesses and not being able to get to a much more difficult or magical phase after the ritual things, still decided to go at the field and join them. And of course, as expected, the mini group’s so-called leader Irene, just spent half an hour blabbering and telling lecture like a teacher about the Gods and Goddesses and how rituals can help one people from stress and problems and how it’s very healthy for their minds and hearts. Like, seriously? Luhan already knew all of those facts. In fact, Irene is just using different batch of words and adjectives to make it look realistic and wonderful just so she would look like the brainy one here in the group. Yet, the thoughts and ideas are all the same. It’s still the same old lectures about peaceful minds and energies and natures and blah blah blah. Nothing that Luhan doesn’t know.

 

To be honest, Luhan is still hoping. Hoping that one day they would get to the real action even though his hope is already fading and it’s so close to impossible from happening. He still hopes, though. He still hope that maybe one day they would perform not just a ritual but a real magic spell. Something that really creates magic. “Let’s entwine our fingers together and close our eyes. Let’s all pray for the Goddess Malaka to give us the peace and the strength to face the problems awaiting for us. Let’s all chant our prayer, my friends,” Irene once again said as she close her eyes and entwine her fingers to the two other random students on her both side.

 

Luhan though, even he hates it and so tired of it (because God, nothing really happens. He doesn’t even feel any energy building inside his body!), he still close his eyes and entwine his finger to the two other students beside him. They then began chanting the Latin prayer Irene has taught them on their previous sessions. Luhan doesn’t even know if such prayer is really true. To be honest, Luhan is starting to think that this is just a mere false organization and they doesn’t really believe in magic and doesn’t have any idea with it at all. Luhan just sighed as he let out the Latin chants out of his mouth. Once the prayer ended, each of them started opening their eyes slowly. Irene looked at them with a wide smile adorning her beautiful face and clap her hands. Luhan just stare at her.

 

“Perfect! Well, I can already feel the strength Goddess Malaka has been providing me. I’m sure all of you does, too. And if you doesn’t, then might as well believe and make a lot of rituals even more. You guys should practice more at home. I can sense that some of you aren’t really focused that much. You guys should try to practice your focus more, okay?” Irene said.

 

Everyone nodded, except Luhan. Once the small whispering and talking ended, Luhan decided to clear his throat. Maybe all they need is for someone to suggest doing real magics. And in Luhan’s case, he really wants to perform a real magic with this people. Because Luhan believed that as long as there is a couple more energy involved, the magic would be easier done like how it’s easy to be said. And if he get this people to perform a real magic with him, Luhan is very sure they can make a great magic and a spell that might probably be helpful to others as well. And who knows? They might be real witches, good witches of course, in their university. So, raising his hand up, Luhan decided to take the chance.

 

“Ahm, excuse me.”

 

Everyone’s gaze fell on Luhan that time. And for some reason, Luhan almost felt regretful once their judging eyes look at him. He’s always been the quiet one in the group. In fact, even though with a month of weekly sessions and small rituals and meetings, Luhan never really got the chance to talk with the other members or be friends with them. Hell, he doesn’t even know their names one by one. All he knew is Irene because the latter is always the very one who talks a lot in their small group. He never really tried suggesting anything. He just sat there and obediently do what Irene told them to. Irene’s gaze fell on him and for a second, Luhan wishes the ground would open up and just swallow him whole.

 

“What is it, Luhan? Do you have anything to say?” Irene’s tone is full of confidence, so whole.

 

Luhan swallow the lump on his throat. He should stop thinking nonsense and just get straight to the point. There’s nothing to be afraid of. He just simply wants to suggest things. “Ahm, I was just thinking. Like, we already spend a whole month simply doing just rituals and stuffs. I just thought that... maybe we should like, you know? Get to the real thing?” Luhan asked.

 

Everyone’s brow creased. Except for a one guy whose simply staring at Luhan in the corner where he is sitting quietly. Luhan didn’t really paid him any attention because his gaze is simply on Irene whose looking at him now with her cross brows. “What do you mean ‘get to the real thing’? We are doing the real thing now, Luhan. What are you talking about?” Irene asked.

 

Luhan bit his lips. But still, he’s determined. He sighed and look more fiercely and met Irene’s judging gaze. “What I mean is... maybe we should try doing some spells, you know? Like... real magics? I mean, we’ve been practicing rituals for almost a month now. We should be done by it for now. And we should go and take it to the phase two which is simply making basic spells or magics,” Luhan said.

 

A minute of silence has passed. No one dared to say anything. Not even Luhan who can feel the member’s pair of eyes judging him with their looks. But no, Luhan doesn’t want to back down. He knew to himself he’s just saying the right thing. He shouldn’t be ashamed. There’s nothing to be ashamed of in the first place. Everyone has been looking at Luhan blankly and Luhan almost feel like running. Yet, he never notice a pair of beautiful brown eyes looking at him amazingly as if he just said something really incredible.

 

Well, for that guy, Luhan really said something incredible. But Luhan never noticed it. He never noticed him. Because of a loud sound of laughter came out next to the other member’s mouth. Irene’s laughter is the loudest though. And the next thing Luhan knew, everyone is mocking at him and whispering. Luhan bit his lips to control the urge to shout at them and tell them that they are very impossible. “Hahahaha! You know what, Luhan? You’re really crazy! You’re so funny and you really made me laugh! Hahahahaha! What are you saying magics and spells? I mean, yeah that sounds really cool but... I never have thought that in this generation someone like you still exists! You know, someone who believes in witch crafts and magical stuffs?! Like gosh, is that thing even real? Hahahaha!” Irene laughed.

 

Luhan balled his fist in anger. This students are all impossible! Irene is so impossible! Because who the hell would form some magical groups and discuss about magic itself who doesn’t even believe in magic?! Luhan sighed and shook his head. When he first joined the group, he thought they are different. He thought that finally, he would be able to be friends and talk to someone who, like him, also believes in magic. And maybe if he’s lucky enough, he’d also be able to perform some spells and magics with them. Oh well, Luhan learned that day that expecting too much .

 

Luhan look down and take a deep breath to calm down his nerves. On his mind, he’s already chanting some prayers and words he knew that would help him calm himself up. Not those stupid stuff prayers this false group is providing them. Luhan now understands this is just like those kind of groups. Those kind who would be unique just to be popular and just to overwhelm their pride. Luhan fought the urge to scream at them and tell them that magics aren’t crazy. Soon after, Luhan felt Irene’s hands on his back, patting him and showing off her fake smile, “Oh, Luhan. You’re so naive and innocent. Real magics aren’t true. Like those kind of magics fairies have? God, that’s only for a kid, Luhan. You’re a university student now. We’re a university student now. Stop being such a fool. Magics aren’t real.”

 

Luhan, still hanging his head low, said in a low tone but still audible enough for them to hear, “Magics can be real. It’s just all on how people can see it.”

 

Again, Luhan failed to notice the unease expression that boy in the corner is showing off. The boy bit his lips, forehead sweating and as if there is something he really needed to say. He rub his palms together and take a deep breath. He look at Luhan though. And even with all the judgment eyes looking at Luhan, it’s such a shame the latter failed to notice the admire and happiness the boy is giving him by his gaze. “Oh come on, Luhan! Don’t be such a kid! Magics aren’t real because if it does, then life wouldn’t be this hard! Everyone would be just rich and no one would be late in school because anything is possible with just one poof, right?” Irene laughed again along with the other students in the group, simply mocking the poor boy who is hanging his head low now.

 

‘They are just like Baekhyun and Lay. They will never believe in magics. They will never understand,’ Luhan thought as he just decided to stay quiet in his spot yet his knuckles are obviously turning white because of his tight grip on the hem of his shirt.

 

He again, failed to notice the boy looking at him with a pitiful expression on his beautiful dark brown orbs. The boy simply shook his head and look at the other students on their small group. ‘Oh, how oblivious they can be. They don’t have any idea what they’re talking about.’

 

After a few minutes of laughter, whispering, giggling and mocking, the boy can’t take it anymore and decided to raise his hand to save the deer boy from such judgment he’s receiving towards the oblivious students around them. He cleared his throat and tried to form a coherent sentence despite of the rapid beating of his heart. “Ahm e-excuse me...” he still curse at himself for being such a coward and not even being capable of forming a words or sentences without stuttering.

 

Irene looked at him. She then raised her brow and lifted her hand to silence her members. She said, “Quiet, guys! Looks like Xiumin here finally have something to say! Let’s hear him out.”

 

Xiumin looked at the grasses in the field where they were sitting. All the confidence he has a few seconds ago started to crumble down once he felt the stares and gazes of his group-mates fell onto him this time. And as if Irene is mocking at him, well, Xiumin is way sure she does, she smirk at Xiumin and raise her brows. “Yes, Xiumin? Anything you want to say?” Irene said as if she’s challenging Xiumin to say what’s on his mind.

 

Xiumin always knew Irene. She knew the latter may look like an adorable barbie but she would turn into a monster (well, she really is inside), once everything didn’t go on her way. Or someone would try to get on her way. And Xiumin is sure she’s more than happy enough to humiliate him and the boy named Luhan, whom he just seem to notice that day. Maybe because of the odd thing he said on the group, yet for Xiumin it isn’t really odd at all. Maybe for others, but not for him. Luhan and Xiumin has been on the same group for a month. Yet, the other never seemed to notice the other.

 

Until that day, of coure. Luhan’s gaze also fell on the cute guy. He always saw that guy on the previous sessions and meetings of the group before. But just like him, he’s always too quiet. Maybe even more quiet than Luhan himself. Like, he has his own world and no one seemed to be allowed inside. He never talks with anyone, and Luhan didn’t really try talking to him either. Thinking, he’s also just one of these students who would laugh at him for believing on magics. So... confused is an understatement on what Luhan currently feels right now when Xiumin raised his hands as if ready to say something, too.

 

And the fact that this will be the first time he would get to hear the latter’s voice, Luhan doesn’t know but he feels kind of... excited? Well, he never heard the latter’s voice. Not even when they’re chanting some Latin prayers. Xiumin’s voice is too small and quiet that it is easily covered by the other loud voices of the students. And Luhan just realized that he is indeed curious about how Xiumin’s voice sounds like. Everyone’s eyes dart to Xiumin. Considering the nervous swallowing and the sweat forming on Xiumin’s head, Luhan can simply say he, just like him, isn’t also fond of socializing and talking and is also really nervous. Just like him. Luhan just simply stare at the guy and for a second there, he really felt something building inside his chest.

 

But one thing’s for sure, Luhan really thinks he is cute. Like... really cute. “So?” Irene raised her eyebrow when minutes passed yet there’s still no words leaving towards Xiumin’s mouth.

 

“Ahm I just think that... Ahm maybe... I just feel like... Ahm... Maybe he’s...” Xiumin bit his lower lip, he’s really not good at things like this.

 

How can he be when he’s self confidence is probably much lower than the ground his stepping his foot on?! Xiumin cursed his self for looking so pathetic again and stupid. He can feel Luhan’s gaze lingering on him and for a second there, he wishes he’s not as pathetic and as stupid as everyone would think to Luhan. “What? Please, form a coherent sentence, Xiumin,” Irene rolled her eyes.

 

He can also hear some small giggling towards the other students. Probably because of Xiumin’s stupidity. And also, the small smile etched on Irene’s face that any minute soon would probably broke into laughter doesn’t go unnoticed by Xiumin and Luhan. Xiumin hung his head low. Luhan just look at him worriedly. And for a second there, he thought of flicking his fingers and lifting each and everyone of these mean student off the ground and throw them into the nearest river. Though, of course that would be impossible because Luhan isn’t that powerful yet. But he’s confused. Why would he be so concerned towards this Xiumin guy? He doesn’t even know him that much for Pete’s sake!

 

“Ahm... n-nothing. Just... f-forget about it,” Xiumin said, sighing, as he obviously avoid everyone’s gaze.

 

Irene just smirk and ignored him again and went back onto talking towards the other members. Xiumin just sat there, nervous and sweating. Cursing and yelling at himself for being so... coward. So coward for not defending Luhan. But again, why would he want to defend Luhan in the first place? Oh, it’s probably because they are just both the same. Both lacking of self confidence. Both believing in magics. Both an outcast.

 

Everything . The world . Luhan is sure of that. He hates everyone around him now. Except... maybe Xiumin. Magic is real, why can’t everyone see that? Minseok look at him. Luhan is still staring at the cute boy. And for a moment there, it's as if someone touch their soul.

 

They felt it. Luhan felt at ease. All the anger and hatred washed away. Minseok felt calm. All the anxiety and panic was all gone. It’s as if with just one look, the other has this kind of effect for the other. Something that’s unexplainable. Something that’s too good to be true. Something that is so unrealistic to describe with.

 

Something that felt so... magical.

 

 


 

 

To Be Continued...