age nine

Parenting, 101
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seung Eun and her mother always had a special kind of bond. Not the familial mother and daughter kind, no, but the one where both parent and child giggle and swoon over some cute idol on TV, and spend all of dinner time gossiping while their father and husband looks on in irritation.

 

“How was your day, Yoon Jae? Oh it was fine thank you for asking, honey.” Yoon Jae muttered sarcastically as he picked at his rice and potatoes.

 

“What's up with you?” Shi Won asked while she fed their son. Their daughter, ever the mini clone of her mother, repeated the question: “Yeah appa, what's up with you?”

 

Yoon Jae scowled. “Do we have to spend dinner talking about those monkeys? This is suppose to be family time.”

 

Under the table, Shi Won kicked him in the shin. “Don't call them monkeys! And we are having family time--we're talking, aren't we?”

 

“Yeah, yeah,” Yoon Jae grumbled unhappily. 

 

Seung Ho looks between his parents with his huge innocent baby eyes. Yoon Jae glanced at him, and affectionately pats him on his soft downy hair. “There's my boy. You're not going to talk about monkeys, are you?”

 

Seung Ho smiled toothily, before quickly errupting into laughter when his father shrieked and grasped his shin--where his mother had smashed her foot into and then looked completely innocent about it.

 

“Don't call them monkeys.” Shi Won ordered cheerily,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter