Advice

Pray You Catch Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

Days have passed, and it was finally the start of the semester, and as it usually was, Chaerin left for school earlier than her brother, who would usually wake up by the time she left for her 8am class.

 

After her last lecture, instead of going to her usual place with her friends, she headed to a different building where her school’s cosmetology department was. Back when things were great for her and her friends, they had their own little hideaway: the rooftop.

 

So many laughs were shared there, and that was the last few places where she felt whole before the incident happened. Of course, everything with her and her friends are still going great, it’s just that she wasn’t great herself.

 

As the young girl walked up the stairs to the rooftop, she had her black backpack secure on her shoulders and both of her earphones blasting her favorite music in her ears. At that moment, she was one with her surroundings, a feeling she hadn’t felt in a long time.

 

She sat on one of the benches, ignoring other people who now sat at the tables her friends had shared so many precious memories in. She looked at the view that she secretly loved, where she would watch other students walking back from their classes from the lone building on the other side of campus.

 

There were days where she felt like she needed to be alone, and this was a perfect day for that. She’d definitely rather be with her friends, however; the sudden sadness in her heart prevented her...she needed to get rid of it by coming her to favorite spot in the school.

 

She was unaware that someone had sat next to her, and she didn’t know who it was because she was focused on other things.

 

However, the person next to her had her favorite soda in their hand, and it looked like they were trying to give it to her.

 

Chaerin took off one of her earphones and looked at the person, and she was surprised to see Yoongi, “O-oh, what are you doing here?”

 

“My friends ran into your friends at the cafe, and I noticed you weren’t there. I was going to think you were in class, but you know, I decided to walk around and see if I could find you. The cafe was getting too crowded anyway.”

 

“I see, thanks for trying to look for me, I guess? What made you look here?”

 

He chuckled, “That day we took Isa to the beach, I noticed you were really into the scenery, but then you also told me you get lost easily. So the only place that I could think of was right here. But yeah, this is for you.”

 

The girl took the bottle of soda from him, “Hm, Dr. Pepper. How did you know I liked this?”

 

“Two reasons. One, it’s a really good soda. Two, while the cleaning staff were emptying out your fridge while you were moving out, I saw at least twenty cans of them so I figured they were yours.”

 

She looked up at him and smiled, “Well, thank you Yoongi. It really means a lot.” she thanked him as she opened the cap and took a good sip of the drink.

 

The two were silent for awhile until the girl spoke up,

 

“Hey, Yoongi. I have a question, have you ever wanted to escape from reality?”

 

He looked at her with an immediate answer, “Of course, don’t we all? I’ve been through hell and back with my company, and it’d be nice to have a break for once. But why’d you ask?”

 

Chaerin shrugged, “It’s been on

Please log in to read the full chapter