New Friends?

Pray You Catch Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

It’s been about a week since the family of five moved into the hotel, and all of them were blessed to be there because it really felt like home.

 

They were given the premier suite; three bedrooms, each with a bathroom, and a kitchenette so they could cook. It even gave Isa the opportunity to always be able to do what she loved to do: sleep on the top of the sofa.

 

Chaerin and Jimin had their own rooms, and because their parents were fighting, their dad was sleeping on the living room couch.

 

The young girl was actually out with two of her friends, Minhee and Taehyung, who were in a relationship with each other for almost two years. The three were walking around downtown, looking for a place to eat.

 

“Thanks for coming with us, Chae. It’s been awhile since you’ve been free on a Saturday.” her best friend, Minhee said.

 

She smiled at her and nodded, “Forreal, huh? My manager felt bad for me and decided to give me the weekend off after what happened to my house.”

 

Taehyung chuckled to himself, “Well, that’s good to hear… I’m surprised your manager was actually nice to you for once. Doesn’t he make you work six days a lot?”

 

“Yeah,” Chaerin started as she gave out a weak smile, “Plus he still works with me, so it’s been pretty hard on me lately.”

 

The two of them looked at her with their eyes wide, “Are you serious?!” the boy questioned with a loud tone, “I thought he found a new job!”

 

She shook her head, “No, but I talked to one of my coworkers and he said that he would protect me from him if something gets out of hand.”

 

Minhee felt really bad for her best friend, “He doesn’t give you rides anymore right?”

 

“No, what I do now is walk around the back entrance to the front of the mall area after they all leave and I call an Uber to get back to the hotel, or home...I’ve been doing this for a month already.”

 

The boy patted her head, “If you ever need a ride, let me know. I always get off of work at 8, so I don’t mind if you want me to wait and take you home.”

 

Chaerin smiled at her best friend’s boyfriend, “It’s okay, Tae! I’ll be fine, don’t worry about me.”

 

“You staying at that job is worrying all of us...me, him, Seokjin, Jungkook, the girls, and even Jimin is terrified of you working there.” Minhee confessed.

 

The young girl sighed, “I understand, I’m going to stay there until Prom season ends and then I’m finding a new job.”

 

“Good.” the couple said in unison.

 

Then, suddenly, Chaerin could see a familiar face with two that she has never seen before walking in their direction. She gasped as a smile creeped up on her face.

 

“Yoongi!” she yelled out his name, the three boys stopping in their tracks.

 

In their regards, when the three boys stopped, the one with black hair, Hoseok, looked at her friend, “Uh, Yoongi… Please don’t tell me that’s her.”

 

He was shocked, “That’s her, that’s Chaerin.”

 

Namjoon also looked at him, “Well, look at you right now. One, you look really good. Two, the girl you’ve been talking to us about for the past week is right there. Go talk to her!”

 

Yoongi’s eyes widened, “I can’t! She’s with her friends!”

 

Hoseok slapped the back of his head, “It’s not like you’re asking her out, stupid. Plus, she already noticed you, don’t ignore her if you originally wanted to be friends with her.”

 

“Well, tell Namjoon to not make it seem like I’m going to get her in that way!”

 

His tall friend sighed, “Come on, let’s just go say hi to her.”

 

The boy’s two best friends led him to Chaerin and her friends, as her friends were left dumbfounded by her greeting.

 

“...Chae? Is this that rich boy you were talking about that knew pretty much your entire family but you?” Minhee

Please log in to read the full chapter