Eighteen

Between Wind and Water
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Double update. Posts start at chapter Seventeen. This is technically a sort of epilogue.

 

 

Nam Daeun was not the type of girl that woke up disheveled, hair a mess and dress strap sliding down her shoulder, in someone else's bathtub. Okay, so that was lie, but it had only happened once before, so did that really count? To rephrase it, Name Daeun was not the type of girl that woke up disheveled, hair a mess and dress strap sliding down her shoulder, in someone else’s bathtub often. It was amazing how one word could make such a significant difference.

It was more difficult than she remembered it being to pull herself out of the old-fashioned off-white tub, her heels struggling to seek safe purchase on the poorly tiled floor- and yes, that was without a doubt a T-shirt that she was stepping on this time -and her slim fingers failing to grasp the smooth edges of the porcelain basin. Another notable factor that prevented her from moving was the strong arm wrapped firmly around her waist and the body radiating heat that’s tucked against her side. She freezes as though dunked in ice water as she begins to finally take in the full details of her surroundings and the current situation. That was when her memory finally returned and the rest of the previous night had come flooding back to her.

"."

"Mmm, a Princess shouldn't cuss."

"Damnit!" Suddenly all of the progress she had made in freeing herself from his hold is lost, exiting the bathtub now an impossibility seeing as Wonho has her pinned down. Her back is pressed flat against the tub's smooth bottom and her legs are cramped inside; Wonho's hovering above her, hands wrapped around her wrists to keep her in place and one of his knees shoved in between her legs. The space is far too small and not at all ideal, and her face involuntarily flushes a light shade of pink at the inappropriate position and the fact that he's not wearing a shirt- when the hell did that happen? When had he even woken up? Because she could have sworn that he was still asleep a second ago when she was fighting to get out of the tub.

Wonho hums again, the sound low in his throat, and leans forward slowly, dark eyes watching her the entire time and the corner of his lips tilted up in a suppressed smirk. His warmth breath ghosts across the expanse of her tinted cheek and the sensitive skin of her neck, the edge of his lips brushing lightly against her earlobe as he finishes his earlier statement. "But it is pretty attractive."

And then the bastard is chuckling, the noise still low in pitch and husky from just waking up, and then full out laughing at her. Her stunned reaction is just too cute, and he needs to enjoy the moment while it lasts, because making Daeun speechless is not something that's easy to do. When she comes to her senses again a few seconds later, she pushes him off of her roughly, not caring for his protests, and scrambles out of tub in rush of tangled limbs and loud swear words.

Even though she recalls and understands perfectly fine what transpired between them last night, the fact that Wonho is being affectionate is still strange to her. That's why she's surprised when he follows her, reaching out with one hand to block her path to the door, and looks at her with not a pissed scowl like she had expected after shoving him, but an amused expression and that same look in his eyes that she had only just recently learned to define. It seems as if he's just full of surprises this morning though, because after that he gently guides her to him, takes her wrists in his hands, brings them to his mouth, and then softly places a kiss on the initials tattooed on her flesh- the initials that belong to him, that prove that she belongs to him.

"Should I maybe get a Mark with your initials?" he asks, gaze fixated on her face, a single brow raised imploringly in question.

She blinks dumbly up at him, not quite able to keep up. It's almost as if he's a completely different person, and she isn't entirely sure how to respond. But then he opens his mouth again and ruins the fantasy vibe surrounding them by being himself.

"I know you're crazy possessive and as hell, so I'm sure you'd like it." He smirks, sweet expression gone in a flash and replaced by the Wonho she knew. In a way, it's a relief, because this is the Wonho she knows how to deal with, the one she feels comfortable with and the one that she sort o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter