The Frog Prince

The Witches of 21st Street

"Err, Dara are you sure you're doing it right?" I asked the mischievous looking lady pouring colored potions on the boiling pot like a mad man. We were finished eating awhile ago and Dara here offered to teach me how to make hair growth potion. Yup, I'm giving it to my grandpa, the guy needs some hair.


"Seungri, I had 2 centuries of practice, have a little faith in my will you?" she tried to convince me while continuing to put as many random things she could get her hands on to mix with the now smoking "something." Sigh. I roamed the room seeing Minzy and Bom lounging by the fireplace. Odd as it may seem, the color of the flame was black, as in pitch black. Sortta cool right? Then my eyes averted to the window where I saw Chaerin who sat comfortably looking at the view outside. I was kinda intrigued though, since the only scenery out there was a dead tree with withering leaves falling off every minute. Who would want to watch that? So with my lingering steps, I steadily made my way towards her, slightly interrupting her current chain of thoughts.


"Mind if I sit with you?" I asked politely. Her eyes shifted a bit and came to settle on mine.


"Sure..." she paused for a deadly second looking through the window again before speaking,"I could use some company."


I sat by the cushion in front of her and adjusted myself in a relaxing position. Ah, much better.


"So, what's your story?" I finally asked. It was bound to be told anyway.


"Boy would you like to know..." she said bluntly still not facing me. I didn't quiet get her sudden gloominess, I mean just a moment ago she was so friendly and now she was...blank. So empty.


"Enlighten me." I voiced my reply bravely and prepared myself for the story to come.

___________________________________________________________

My tale ended not so long ago, it was the 1970's and I was the dancing diva CL. 


"Hold up. You dance? I mean, do witches even dance?"


"Yes we do! I'm a perfect example of that!" 


"Wow would that be interesting to watch. You and me should have a dance battle or something!"


"People should be quiet when someone is speaking!"


Anyway...I was the best dancer in college. And there was this one fellow that always followed me wherever I went, Seunghyun. He was handsome and popular and not to mention, a good dancer. We shared a fancy to each other since we were always dance partners, and finally he asked me out on a date. Our dates continued on and on until love for each other grew within us and before I knew it, he was my loving boyfriend. But one day something went wrong. I offered to cook him a nice dinner when I made a terrible mistake.


"Suenghyun!" I called through the kitchen door since I was finishing up the meal I prepared,"Would you like salt or pepper on your dish!?" I asked preparing to get the spices on the top shelf.


"Pepper would be great!" He yelled back.


"Okay be done in a sec!" I got the green bottle of peppers with my right hand and dabbed a few sprinkles and viola! It's done!


I got the hefty tray of baked chicken I readily prepared for and brought it to the table where my smiling boyfriend was at.


"Hmmn! It smells good!" He complimented as I set the food down. It was the perfect dinner date for the two us. it was the painted candle light dinner I've always imagined and nothing could ruin this moment. Well, that's what I thought.


"Chow down or it'll get cold." I instructed and chow down he did happily eating the meal I made for him. I smiled at him for looking so, how do you say this?


"Cute?"


Ah, yes. Cute. That's what he looked like before I even got to touch my plate, and everything was a disaster. Because just a few seconds later he turned green, and dropped his fork.


"Honey? What's wrong?" I asked worried. He didn't get a chance to answer before I ran to his side and tried to figure out the problem. But I just couldn't figure it out.


He fell to the floor cringing in pain and the next thing I knew, he turned into a frog. I was shocked and my mouth immediately fell open. I covered my mouth with in a failing attempt as I gasp at my boyfriend before me. After my moment of surprise, I picked him up with both hands and tried to think of a way to turn him back. 


Think Chaerin, what could've caused this? And with that quick thinking I suddenly knew what had occured. It was the peppers! I must've mistaken it for the frog potion Dara unnie gave me!


I got to the telephone and quickly dialed my sister's number.


"Dara! I turned Seunghyun into a frog! What should I do!?" I urgently asked my sister for instructions.


"Chaerin, do you really love him?" She asked as I could only be baffled by her ridiculous question. 


"Of course I do! But why are you asking me that!? You're supposed to help me here!" I complained my deep thought.


"Kiss him. That's the only way." 


"What!? Why would I-", but right when I was about to question her more she ended the phone call. 


I had no choice. I wasn't that good with potions and spells before. So breath in a consumable amount of air and leaned in for a kiss. It was sticky and slimy and nothing that I've ever wanted to taste on my lips ever again. 


But within a blink of an eye my hands were struggling to hold the frog up as it just got bigger and bigger until I had my boyfriend again back to normal. Well, if you consider curling up on the floor from trauma normal, then that's the best I could describe it.


"Seunghyun, honey, are you alright?" I softly asked reaching down to the ground trying to comfort him. His eyes suddenly were alert by my touch and in seconds he was standing up.


"I'm leaving. Goodbye Chaerin." He said shaking but with a cold tone walking towards the front door.


"Please! Don't leave me!" I begged my heart out trying to stop him from going, but he was too strong for me and was out the door with not much effort. 


I never saw him again. Not even in school, he just disappeared. Take note that even magic couldn't be that strong to make you vanish without any trace. I tried to find him, but he was no where to be found. Yet what hurt me the most was that he left me. He still left me even though he knew that I was a witch. He knew...

______________________________________________________________ 

"Wahaha! Ahaha!" I laughed as hard as I could ever have and came crashing to the floor trying to clutch my tummy from too much laughter. This was just so funny!


"Hey! Why are you laughing!?" I heard Chearin ask demandingly sending me death glares from her spot by the window. The others started to notice my sprawled position on the floor as well, as their eyes watched me curiously.


"It's so funny because I almost thought he was gonna turn to The Incredible Hulk!" My eyes are almost tearing up from so much joy. 


"Yah! That's not funny!" She shot back throwing a black pillow at me.


"B-but it is!" I hysterically conjured up and laughed my socks out. Ah, laughter. Such a beautiful thing!