001

Our Season

It was spring when we first met

The cool breeze flew by as I walked along the side walk, on my way to the bus stop. It was a lovely day with the sun out and shining and the flower's swaying against the wind. I was on my way to meet with my friends, Sowon, Yerin, Yuju, Sinb and Umji. I hadn't seen them in a while and we all agreed to meet at our old hang out place. A smile slipped itself on my lips as the memories flooded my head, gosh I miss those days. Back when we didn't have so much responsibilty on our shoulders.

My attention snapped back to reality when I noticed the bus pass by and stop at the traffic lights. I frantically move my short legs and try my best to get to the bus stop before the bus got there. No no no, I'm going to be late! I kept running, being optimistic that the bus wouldn't make it there before I did. I was so close, so close when the bus made it's way to the stop. But much to my disappointment, it didn't wait for me. 

"Dammit! I missed it" I pout as I slowed down and dragged my feet slowly to the bus shelter. 

"Oh, you too?" I turn my head around and see a tall man smiling at me as he panted. 

"Did you run too?" I asked as we both sat down on the seat provided. 

"Yeah, I didn't notice until I took my ear phones out and saw it pass by" he chuckled. I watched him and studied him, sharp jawline, tall and broad figure with friendly eyes.  "Oh, I'm Mingyu by the way" he smiled as he put his hands out.

"I'm Eunha" I smiled back and shook his hands. 


The second time we met, it rained

It had been a week since I met Mingyu. He seemed like a very nice person, we talked a lot on the bus. I learnt that he liked cooking like me and that he had a dog when he was younger. It was like were old friends just catching up. I could tell he was a kind person as I listened to him speak, the way he gave up his seat for an old man. He was a charming person. I told my friends about him, all of them said it was a pity that I didn't get his number. And although on the outside I just denied their teasing, I couldn't help but agree.

Now here I was, on my way home from a very tiring day. I stared at the sky, what dull weather. The clouds flooded the sky and the sun was no where to be found. I let out a sigh as I kept walking. Suddenly I kept a drop on my head, wait...no. As I kept walking, more drops began to drop down and soon after the rain came. Opening my bag, I realise that I had left my umbrella at home. Great. Holding my bag that had important documents, I quickly ran to the nearest shade that happened to be a playground castle.

Pouting out, I brush off the wet drops on my face.

"Eunha?" I turn around to see Mingyu crampt at the corner due to his height, I let out a laugh at the funny sight. "Got caught up in the rain too aye?"

"Yeah, I left my umbrella at home too" I sighed as I watched him nod in agreement. "What about you?"

"Same story, I can't manage to get my bag wet"

"Me too!" The both laughed before smiling and looking out at the rain. "This might take hours..." I muttered to myself as I watched the rain continue on.

"Oh my god, I can't believe I didn't think of this" I turn my attention to Mingyu who smacked his head while chuckle before taking his phone out and calling someone. Wow...how did I not think of that either? I take mine out too and realise that it was dead...I regret playing games on my phone when I was on the train. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

As minutes past, the two of talked about random things once again. We were talking about  my distaste of green onions when someone came in front of the play ground. He had sharp eyes and held an umbrella to protect himself and another on his other hand. My guess is that he didn't see my since he rolled his eyes at Mingyu and gestured him to come out already.

"Oh, Eunha are you staying?" Mingyu said as he got out, only then did his friend see me.

"Yeah, I'll just wait for the rain to stop-"

"Nonsense, come on." He said as he pulled on my arm and under the umburella. What a squishy situation all three of us were stuck in. Mingyu smiled at me before taking the umbrella from his friend's hands, opening it and giving it to me. "Here, you need it more than I do"

"No it's fine, your friend-"

"Just take it, it's mine anyway. I'll be sharing this umbrella with Wonwoo" and with that I found my self holding the handle of a navy blue umbrella. Before I could even say anything else, he waved goodbye and walked away with his friend.

I watched the red umbrella disappear into the distance and smiled before walking back to the direction I came from. 


Our third meeting was unexpected

I was on my way home until I ran into a bookstore, I couldn't help myself and walked in. Letting my hands skim through the spine of the books, I let myself ponder into my thoughts. Lately so much stress had been building up, maybe a good book would calm me down. Being an adult was hard, I regret not savoiring the hours of nap time I was given back in kindergarden.

My feet lead it's way to the horror scection, typical. I picked out some books and read the first chapters to get a taste of them, none of them really sparked my interest. Minutes past by and I was still trying to find a book, I forgot how long it took to find a book that was worth reading. I leaned against the book shelf and text my roommate, Sana, that I would be a bit late. 

As I got off the bookshelf, my eyes landed on a book. I had been looking for it for ages now! I smiled excitedly, finally after months of searching, I've found it. Now the only problem was, how to get it. The book sat at the top shelf and my short arms along with my tip toes could only graze second highest shelf. This was impossible. I let out a pout as I tried one more time. 

To my surprise, a hand grabbed the book easily. Great, now someone has it. I turn around to be yet again surprised. There stood Mingyu who was equally surprised as I was, holding my book out to me. 

"I saw you were struggling trying to get this book" he said as he gave me the book with a smile, I smiled back and thanked him "I've read that book actually, it's pretty good"

"Oh yeah, I've heard it was. What did you think about it?"

And thus lead the very long discussion. As he spoke, I listened and watched as his eyes lit up whenever he said something he liked or as he unconciously cringled his nose whenever we both disagreed on a certain thing. Time really did fly by fast, before we knew it, the owner told us it was already closing hours. We both looked at each other and laughed before I payed for my book and left. 

"Oh right, your umbrella" I say as I take out the umbrella that I carried around with me since that day. He smiled as he took the umbrella and said thanked me.

He was too kind and sweet. He decided to walk me home since it was dark and he wanted to make sure I was okay. The walk to my apartment complex wasn't very far but he insisted on it. We walked while we talked once again. As we were about to part ways, when he suddenly said "You know, we meet each other a lot these days" I looked up at him and smiled before nodding my head. It was true.

"Do you want to go out sometime, maybe coffee?" He asked shyly as he rubbed the back of his neck. My eyes widen before nodding eargerly, he let out a sigh of relief before smiling at me. After we exchanged out numbers, we stood there awkwardly in silence. What are we? Teenagers?

"Umm, I'll call you tomorrow then. Goodnight Eunha, sleep well" 

Once again I watched him walk away with a smile on my face.