Contact

Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Donning an oversized white v-shirt, Mia hastily tucked the front under her favourite pair of skinny jeans. Making sure she wasn’t baring her soul out to the whole world, she evaluated herself on the mirror. It will have to do.

 

Don’t fool yourself Mia. Who are you even trying to impress.

 

Shaking her head, she lugged her bag over her shoulder before grabbing her leather jacket hanging behind the door. As she walked down the stairs, Mia quickly styled her hair into a messy ponytail. She had just arrived on the last step when she was attacked by a mousy brown haired teenager. Squealing in excitement, Ji Hee hugged her tightly and started to jump excitedly.

 

“Today’s the day unnie! Ahh! I can’t thank you enough!”

 

Mia chuckled, “You’re welcome Ji Hee. Glad I could help.”

 

“You can thank your unnie by behaving Ji Hee. Now I expect you to listen to your unnie at all times especially since she’s doing this for you. I don’t want to know anything other than a good report from her when I phone her alright?”

 

Ji Hee quickly stepped away from Mia and faced her mother, “Ne Eomma. Scouts honour!” waving her left hand in the air before pressing them beside her head; expressing discipline with a wide grin on her face.

 

“Now come here you rascal and help me with breakfast. Then you can hug your Momma goodbye and be on your way.”

 

Wanting to give them their privacy, Mia strolled outside where a small garden was set up at the front of the house. Complete with blooming potted plants and a wooden bench, Mia moved towards the bench where her Eomma was situated. Gazing at the beautiful sunrise, Mia hugged her mother for warmth before resting her head on her shoulder.

 

“It’s beautiful here… and so peaceful. I can’t believe you grew up here.”

 

“That’s what you get for living in the countryside… I’m surprised you’re already up and awake. I remember what a pain it was to wake you up during this time of the morning for school.” her mother lovingly .

 

Yawning, she snuggled closer towards her mother — “Ji Hee is a force to be reckon with. After I offered yesterday, I should have known better but to ask when and what time the event was going to happen. Didn’t realise it was going to be today. Either way, it’ll be nice to spend time with her.”

 

As if meeting BTS has nothing to do with this…. shut up!

 

Mia frowned. Great! Now I’m scolding my own conscience.

 

Her mother faced her and noticed her expression. “Are you sure you’ll be fine taking her with you? If you want, I can come along with you guys today and I can also keep an eye on her. It’ll also save the trouble of picking me up later on.”

 

“It’s not that Eomma.” Mia protested. “My mind was on something else. As for what you just suggested, I reject such offer. Please stay here and spend some time with Eemo. Make some beautiful memories and when you’re ready, I’ll see you in Seoul.”

 

“Aigoo… How did I get so lucky to have such wonderful children.” her mother said while gently patting her head as if she was a small child.

 

“You bet! We just need to make sure Mark doesn’t find out that I’m your favourite.”

 

Her mother laughed boisterously, a wide smile on her face. “Now, now.. I love you both equally.”

 

“Of course you do.” Mia teasingly winked at her mother.

 

“Come on you cheek. Let’s help your Eemo with breakfast so that you guys can eat and be on your way this morning.”

 

Mia stood and helped her mother up. With their arms looped together, they headed back towards the house.

 

 

“Remember what I said Ji Hee. Behave.” her Eemo said the last word meaningfully, her eyes fixed at her cousin.

 

“Ne Eomma!”

 

Her Aunt moved towards her and gave a tight hug. “You really didn’t have to but thank you Mia.” 

 

“It’s no problem really.”

 

Giving her mother one last hug and a promise to see her soon, she faced Haeun-unnie who was busy on her phone as usual.

 

“I guess we should be on our way unnie.”

 

Haeun looked up from the screen and nodded in agreement. 

 

“Everything is all set, but I agree. We don’t know how the traffic will be like and if you guys want to attend that event in time, we need to get going.”

 

With that in mind, everyone started to pile in the van and with one last wave towards their parents; Mia and Ji Hee were on their way.

 

Once they had established themselves in the motorway leading to Seoul, was when Ji Hee started her questioning.  

 

“So unnie… spill. How did you get into BTS?”

 

“Found out about them in good old YTube. If I remember correctly, I saw their performance in MAMA… just last year that’s passed. I was taking a break from filming during that time whe—” 

 

“MAMA? Oh! You mean their joint performance with Block B?”

 

“Joint performance? I don’t think… I only saw BTS’s performance.”

 

“Unnie! You totally missed out!” Ji Hee started to rummage in her bag and grabbed her tablet. Quickly scrolling through the screen, she must have found what she was looking for because she squealed with excitement.

 

“Here! Here!”

 

With elation, the tablet was immediately pushed in front of her face. With a smile, Mia took the offered gadget, positioned it at an appropriate distance and started to watch. BTS’s ‘Boy In Luv’ started to play before a group of men she vaguely recognised started to swagger their way towards the stage. Screams were omitted and without further ado, a remix of Bruno Mars and a Lil Jon song started to play; before different styles of choreograph were showcased individually. 
Only one person however, caught Mia’s attention amidst all the other dancers. His choreograph was short but powerful. Precise… save for that cute small struggle she was sure he didn’t intend near the end.

 

Mia wasn’t going to lie and say she didn’t find him attractive at the sight of his toned body. Because she was… attracted that was.

 

Bite me! I’m a human being!

 

“Who is he?” 

 

Mia winced. She didn’t mean to voice that one out.

 

Glancing at her cousin, she was surprised to see a shocked expression.

 

“Please tell me you just did not ask me that…”

 

She must not have replied quickly enough because Ji Hee called out her name again. 

 

“What?” Mia enquired innocently.

 

“This is blasphemy! I thought you were a fellow ARMY!”

 

“I did not admit to such a thing… and what’s an ARMY?”

 

She must have asked the wrong question because Ji Hee looked offended.

 

“How do you not know them?! I thought you listened to BTS?”

 

Mia shrugged, “That’s the thing. I listened to their works but I never actually looked them up. I just enjoyed their music.”

 

Ji Hee continued to look flabbergasted.

 

Mia chuckled. “Ok wise one. Please teach this individual who lacks such crucial knowledge.”

 

Without a second thought, Ji Hee started. So seriously, Mia thought she was back in school.

 

“First thing first, their names! The guy you just asked about? His name is Jimin. Then there’s Jungkook who I adore! There’s Jin, Rap Monster, Suga, J-Hope and my bias wrecker V!”

 

I’m guessing that’s not their real name for some of them… and a bias what?

 

Like a good student, Mia nodded along as she listened to her young cousin provide further information about the group. Although only one thing was on repeat.

 

Jimin…. Jimin… Jimin.

 

 

Jimin sneezed. 

 

“You alright there Jimin?” Tae Woo-hyung asked. “I hope you’re not coming down with a cold.”

 

“It’s nothing hyung. I’m fine. So… where’s the others?”

 

Jimin stepped out of his shared room and approached their manager. Looking around the apartment, he noted that the place was empty.

 

“The other members are already on their way to the fan meeting. We’ve been told this morning to send whoever was ready first and anyone who was running late can just follow along. It’s just you and Taehyung who got left behind. Talking about Taehyung… Taehyung! Come on! It’s time to go!”

 

“Coming hyung!”

 

Taehyung rushed out of his designated room and joined them by the door. A boxy smile already fixed on his face.

 

Jimin chuckled. “What are you so happy about so early this morning?”

 

“Don’t know. Just happy that’s all. Can’t I smile for no reason?”

 

“Unless you’re a crazy person..”

 

Taehyung started to protest as they moved towards the elevator. Jimin however just continued to snicker and .

 

 

“Wow.” Mia heard Ji Hee blurt out. After informing Mia of everything she knew about BTS, Ji Hee had pretty much kept to her own; busy reading her webtoons.

 

Mia peered over her book, curious at what could have possibly fascinated the young girl. Currently, they were passing through towering skyscrapers and what appeared to be sizeable apartments from what Mia could discern with their apperance. They must be nearing Seoul.

 

“Is this your first time in the city Ji Hee?”

 

With her face plastered on the window, she replied.“Ne… We never really had the need to visit.”

 

“Well, I hope we can enjoy Seoul together. No matter how short that time is.”

 

“You bet!”

 

“Miss Garcia!… Everyone!.. Welcome to Seoul!” their driver announced.

 

Mia admired the view outside and smiled fleetingly.

 

She had arrived.

 

 

After driving for another two hours due to morning traffic, Mia and Ji Hee had finally arrived at their destination. Observing the accumulating crowd outside the building even at such an early hour, it looked like Mia would have to disguise herself. Scouring through her bag, she sifted out her grey snapback and positioned it at the top of her head. To be fair, it was unlikely for this crowd to even recognise her. Who would even think that she was going to a BTS fan meeting on her second day in South Korea?

 

Grabbing the door handle, Mia faced Haeun who was sitting at the front of the van.

 

“So I’ll give you a call once we finish here?”

 

“Yep. But also give Sung Ki here a call,” she said, nodding her head towards their driver. “Your Kim-unnie and I will just be dropped off in the studio and then he’ll come back for you guys. As for security, Eun Soo will also be coming along with you two.”

 

“But Unnie! It’s unlikely that I’ll get spotted… Specially for this type of event.”

 

“No buts. I would feel more comfortable knowing that someone was guarding you just in case.”

 

“But won’t it look strange if I had him looming over us? I mean look at him! He looks too intimidating to be in a crowd like this!” she complained while pointing at the young crowd outside; mostly consisting of females in their teens and twenties before looking towards Eun Soo. “No offence.”

 

“None taken.” he replied back.

 

Mia faced Haeun again but her expression remained stoic. Realising she wasn’t going to win

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter