Beginning

Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Inner thoughts are in Italics. 

 

Staring at the screen, Namjoon languidly nodded in agreement. Standing at approximately 5’6” was a petite woman with a sun kissed face with soft rounded cheeks and a cute button nose. Her wide-set eyes were like pools of dark chocolate, framed by neatly plucked eyebrows shaped into a perfect arch. Her lips plump, an attractive rose budded colour which were currently smiling at the camera displaying a set of perfect teeth. She was beautiful… just wasn’t his type.

 

He looked at the two members and noticed Jimin so concentrated on the woman. That’s a first... Slowly, a cheshire smile appeared on Namjoon’s face.

 

“I think our Jiminnie has a crush!” he called out teasingly.

 

Jimin awkwardly coughed and looked away from the television screen, suddenly caught off guard.

 

“Just saying she was pretty. That’s all hyung…” he said nonchalantly, shrugging his defined shoulders before picking up the remote and moving the channel into the music chart show he originally was meant to watch before he got distracted.

 

“It’s not like I’ll ever meet her…” he whispered, not realising Namjoon had heard the whole thing.

 

Namjoon guffawed, not believing what he had just heard. “What was that Jiminnie?!” 

 

“Ah—ah.. nothing hyung! Just saying how I can’t wait when we starting promoting again soon.” Jimin pointedly indicated towards the screen. Now that wasn’t a lie. BTS were hoping to release an album soon which was to become a part of their chronology.

 

“Ne.. ne—” Namjoon teased — “You nearly sounded like our international ARMY fans when they compare the limited interaction they get in comparison to our Korean ARMY fans.”

 

Jimin was about to retort back when Jin-hyung called from the kitchen.

 

“Dinner’s ready guys! Wash up and come to the table while its hot!”

 

“Finally!!” Jungkook yelled out eagerly before rushing towards the kitchen.

 

To avoid further grilling, Jimin immediately followed the maknae to the kitchen where the rest of the members resided, hoping Namjoon-hyung doesn't bring up the subject again.

 

 

Meanwhile…

 

Showtime, Mia thought as the car slowly came to a halt in front of the theatre where the premier was being held, neatly stopping in front of the half a mile red carpet specially set out for this special occasion. Outside, the environment was charged with excitement with one side of the venue consisting with crowds of enthusiastic people lining against the barrier while the other side consisted of press junkets all awaiting behind the winding stanchion with their camera; all set up to interview her and her colleagues. Movie posters were scattered throughout the site and plastered against the railing with the sole purpose to promote the film. A long backdrop could also be seen at the end of the carpet where some of her fellow colleagues were already posing in front of forever hungry paparazzi's. 

 

“Mia…” a voice called out, halting Mia’s admiration of the venue before glancing at Haeun-unnie who was sitting right beside her. Having been in the film industry for only four years, it never failed to astound and surprise Mia of how far she had come and the support she has received and continues to receive from her fans. She was truly honoured and blessed.

 

“You know me.. I don’t mean to pry but what’s happened the past couple of months and what’s happened between you and Rob—“

 

“Unnie! It’s fine.. I’m fine” Mia insisted. “I just don’t want to waste any more minute mulling over that jerk” — she exasperated  — “I’m just glad I found him out before it got any deeper… does that make sense?” Mia asked glancing at her unnie, her eyes also insisting Haeun to not discuss the subject any further. She was in a good place in her life now.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter