Chapter Two- Kitchen Catastrophe

As I Told You

When the maknae line finally left Jungkook's bedroom after their "eventful" conversation, they were greeted by Jin with a concerned look on his face.

"Oh, hey Jin Hyung." Taehyung said, acting as if nothing happened. "'Oh, hey Jin Hyung?' that's all you have to say to me?" Jin said, obviously annoyed, "Aren't you going to explain what happened inside there? You guys were yelling for like an hour or something!" "Oh that, sorry, did we make too much noise?" Jungkook inquired with a small smile on his face. "Ugh, it's fine." Jin said. "So, hyung, you're going to give Jungkook a cooking lesson?" Jimin asked with a wide, cheerful smile. "Oh, yeah, I was just about to ask Jungkook if he wanted to start now." Jin answered. "I'd love to start right now hyung!" Jungkook stated nervously, "Now if you'd excuse us..." Jungkook began to push Jin and himself down the hallway but not before Taehyung stopped them both. "Ooh, a cooking lesson!? That seems fun! Do you mind if I join as well!?" Taehyung yipped excitedly. "Actually I wan-" Jungkook began but was interrupted by Jin. "Of course you can join us Tae! You can join us too Jimin since I wasn't able to go to that cafe with you!" "Why thank you Jin hyung!" Jimin and Taehyung said gratefully as they smirked at Jungkook's crestfallen face.

A few minutes later all 4 of them were clad in aprons with bright smiles on their faces (minus Jungkook who was very irritated with his fellow maknae line members). "Okay! We're all ready now!" Jin began, "What would you like teach you how to make Jungkook?" "Anything you'd like Jin hyung!" Jungkook stated with a smile finally creeping on his face. "Okay then..." Jin paused for a moment. "Well since I couldn't go to that cafe with Jiminnie earlier and I'm craving something sweet, how about we cook a cake? I'm pretty sure we have enough ingredients for it." "That's fine with me!" Taehyung said happily. 

Thus, they began on their cake making journey. Although it started somewhat smoothly, it quickly went downhill. It all started when Jimin became noticeably more touchy with Jin as he started to basically drag Jin away from the others. After a while of watching Jimin basically molest Jin, Taehyung decided he had enough of Jimin's actions and attempted to throw an egg at his face. Unfortunately, the plan backfired and Jimin ducked so the egg ended up hitting Jungkook instead who got extremely pissed and threw flour in Taehyung's eyes who became temporarily blinded, successfully knocking over a bowl of batter onto the ground. So I guess you could say that their attempt at making a cake wasn't necessarily very successful.

After that catastrophe occurred, the 4 of them collapsed on the couch, smearing a variety of ingredients everywhere.

"If I wasn't so tired right now, I would kill all 3 of you." Jin said, exhausted. "Never again, never again..." "It's not my fault this happened!" Jimin whined. "What? Is it my fault then?" Taehyung said, agitated. "Of course it is! If you hadn't thrown that egg at me then this would have never happened!" Jimin yelled. "Well if you hadn't gotten so touchy-feely with Jin Hyung I wouldn't have thrown that egg in the first place!" Taehyung retorted. It was a good thing Jin was already asleep by that point because if he wasn't he would hear about Taehyung rather blatantly stating he was jealous. "Let's just agree that it was both of your faults and that I'm not to be blamed for anything." Jungkook said, joining the conversation. "Nu uh! If you hadn't suggested cooking in the first place, none of this would have even happened!" Taehyung replied. "It's not my fault you guys wanted to disturb my precious time with Jin Hyung!" Jungkook replied back. "We disturbed your precious time!? You're the one who disturbed my precious time!" Jimin said angerly. 

After a very, very long time of bickering, the trio finally stopped and watched some television. Not caring about the massive mess that still remained in the kitchen. When Jin finally woke up, he was greeted by the asleep faces of the maknae line and sighed as he carried them all one by one to their respective bedrooms for them to take a small nap. It was only the afternoon really and it would be quite a while until dinner would be called so it was nowhere time to say goodnight.

Jin was humming to himself as he cleaned the kitchen slowly but surely when he heard someone creeping up behind him. "Hi hyung." the voice greeted as Jin felt someone cover his eyes. "Guess who?" the voice asked teasingly. "Taehyung, right?" Jin asked without hesitation. "Ooh! I'm impressed hyung!" Taehyung said, flashing his signature boxy smile. "Was that a reference to the Blood, Sweat, Tears music video?" Jin inquired. "No, actually. But I guess you could view that way." Taehyung said, shrugging his shoulders. "Do you need any help hyung?" Taehyung asked. "Oh yeah, I'd appreciate that since half of this mess was caused by you." Jin said with a small smile creeping up on his lips. "I suppose you're right hyung." Taehyung said while slipping on a pair of gloves and washing the dishes they used earlier. "Do you want to watch a movie or something after we finish cleaning up?" Taehyung asked. "Sure! I could always use some relaxation!" Jin said happily.

After an hour or so, Jin and Taehyung finally finished up cleaning the dishes and sat on the couch to watch some random drama that was currently playing. "What in the world is wrong with her!?" Jin screeched while shoving his face full of popcorn they had microwaved previously. "The guy obviously likes her so why can't she realize that already!?" Jin said as he shoved even more popcorn into his mouth and almost choking on it. Taehyung chuckled bitterly. "If only you knew the amount of frustration I'm going through." Taehyung thought.

Jungkook and Jimin woke up a few hours later to the smell of Jin cooking and Taehyung talking excitedly about an anime he was currently watching. "Hey Jin Hyung." Jimin greeted as he sat across from Taehyung. "I see you and Jungkook are finally awake." Jin said as he stirred soybean paste soup in a pot on the stove. "Yeah, I had a nice nap. Thanks for bringing me into my bedroom hyung." Jungkook said. "No problem, besides you should also be thanking Tae for helping me clean up the mess that you 2 helped create." Jin said, scooping rice into 4 bowls. "Wow, that smells really good hyung!" Jimin said, ignoring what Jin said earlier. "Hey! He said to thank me!" Taehyung said, annoyed that Jimin and Jungkook joined him. "Oh please, I could have done the exact same thing you did. It's not like you saved the world or anything!" Jimin said as he glared at Taehyung. "Oh my goodness, would you stop already!? The food's done so just eat for the sake of my sanity!" Jin said, bringing various side dishes, soup, and rice to the table. "What has gotten into you guys today? You're arguing over the smallest things!" "Nothing happened..." the maknae line mumbled as they began to eat. "Kookie, could you call Yoongi or something and ask when he's going to come home? Namjoon and Hobi are probably with him in their workroom or something." Jin asked. "Oh, yeah sure." Jungkook said as he pulled out his phone and dialed Yoongi's number. After a short while of talking, Jungkook hung up. "So, what did he say?" Jin asked. "He said that they'll all be here in an hour or so." Jungkook replied. "Oh, geez. The food's going to be all cold by the time they get here. Remind me later to lecture them about coming home earlier." Jin said, annoyed. "Gotcha hyung." Taehyung said, suddenly in the conversation. Jungkook was about to argue how Jin asked him not Tae but decided not to as he remembered what Jin had said just a few moments ago. As the 4 of them finished their dinner up, Jin wrapped the remaining food tightly for when the other members came home and they sat on the couch, not knowing what to do. It had been a pretty uneventful day (minus the cooking incident and the challenge that Jin was oblivious to) so there was nothing to talk about. Thus they just waited on the couch for the other members to come so they could perhaps do something entertaining. 

Taehyung had an idea for a game to play later and "entertaining" was totally his middle name.


Author's Note:

Hello my lovely readers! Thank you very much for your support and for liking my first fanfic! I apologize for the short chapters and slow build! I'm trying to make each chapter at least 1,000 words so hopefully I can keep up with that rule! Although I'm aware taejin is very popular ship in the comments section (as well as my ultimate OTP) I still want to give jinkook and jinmin many moments as well so I'm sorry if you get bored because I'm not writing your favorite ship all the time! Anyways, I hope you stay happy and healthy! @'3'@

*Also, I'm going to crosspost this on my Archive of Our Own account called Syubie! (If I can get it to work :[)