Chapter One- A Challenge

As I Told You

It was no secret that the maknae line in BTS were quite attached to Jin to the point where they were almost obsessive over him. Who could blame them though? Their hyung had all the qualities of a very loveable person. Caring, kind, attractive, good at cooking, anything you can name that's good! What was a secret to the public (not too much to BTS themselves), was the neverending rivalry between the maknae line over who could get Jin first. Everyone in BTS could tell how infatuated the maknae line was with Jin except for Jin himself. I guess you could say he was a little oblivious to the many, many suspicious actions the maknae line did. From Taehyung constantly staring at Jin's back (and looking away quickly when Jin turns around) from Jimin and Jungkook constantly just "coincidentally" appearing around Jin to help him with whatever he needed. All the members except Jin could notice these occurrences happening more and more often. As the actions happened more, the more desperate the maknae line became due to them leaving their feelings inside themselves, ultimately being eaten from the inside out.

On one fateful day in February (just days before their new album was to be released) the maknae line decided that they had enough of the dilly-dallying and that one of them would finally start a relationship with Jin. It went maybe just a little like this...

"Jeon Jungkook!" Jimin screeched loudly as he ran around the dorm. He could just imagine Jungkook laughing his head off in his room. That little (big) rascal! How dare he take time away from Jin, making Jimin unable to have a cute date lunch at a cafe with him? Jimin had been planning to ask Jin to come to the new cafe that had opened nearby for around a week but Jungkook just had to ask Jin to help him learn how to cook today! This was unacceptable! Jimin had it all planned out! From the gift to give to Jin, to the clothing he was going to wear in order to compliment Jin's usual pink attire. But Jungkook, of course, would ruin all of this! Jungkook knew about Jimin's plans due to him overhearing Jimin excitedly gushing about his plans with Hoseok the previous day. So how could he pass up the opportunity to ruin all of it? Tough luck Jimin, maybe next time don't be so loud with your plans.

After a short time of running, Jimin finally reached Jungkook's room and barged into the room, slamming the door open. "Jeon Jungkook! What in the world do you think you're doing!?" Jimin exclaimed as he saw Jungkook just casually listening to music on his bed. 

Jungkook looked up with a small smirk on his face to respond to his enraged hyung, "What do you mean Jimin-hyung?" Jungkook said with an innocent look on his face. "I mean what do you think you're doing, taking away my time with Jin with your lame excuse of "wanting to learn how to cook"?" Jimin exclaimed, "I heard about it when I asked Jin to come with me to the cafe down the street!" 

At this point, Taehyung heard all the commotion and decided to travel down to Jungkook's room himself. "Err... Not to interrupt your extremely loud quarrel but Jin-hyung is extremely concerned due to the fact you just ran around the dorm screaming "Jeon Jungkook!" after he rejected you, Jimin-hyung." Taehyung said nonchalantly.

"Oh go away Tae, this has nothing to do with you!" Jimin said obviously irritated. "And also, I wasn't rejected, this brat ruined everything!" Jimin added, jabbing his thumb towards Jungkook. "Hey, I didn't do anything! It's not my fault you were so slow to ask Jin-hyung out!" Jungkook said, raising his hands up defensively, "I just saw an opportunity to learn some new skills with my precious hyung and took it!" Jungkook wasn't completely wrong but it was obvious that he asked Jin for cooking lessons just so that he wouldn't be able to go with Jimin to the cafe. Even the dumbest of people could have figured that out. "What do you mean your hyung? Don't you mean our hyung?" Taehyung questioned, now in the conversation as well. The dumb trio kept arguing for quite a while until Namjoon finally stepped in.

"Oh my god! How long are you guys going to screech at each other!?" Namjoon started, "We all know all three of you like Jin-hyung so why don't one of you just go ahead and confess to him!?" "NO!" the maknae line said in unison. If there was one thing the maknae line agreed on, it was that Jin-hyung was to never learn about their feelings, at least not yet. "Well the three of you aren't leaving this room until this is settling because I'm sick and tired of hearing you all bicker all the god damn time!"

"So what do you suggest we do?" the younger trio asked Namjoon. "I dunno, this isn't my problem, it's your problem." Namjoon stated, "Why don't you... I dunno, make this into some type challenge? You guys are kinda competitive and I really just want you guys to stop arguing all the time." "What kind of challenge?" the Taehyung questioned, the maknae line was now intrigued. "Geez, I have to plan everything don't I?" Namjoon sighed, "I dunno, how about if one of you don't confess by the end of this year, I'm just gonna tell Jin Hyung that you all like him and everything will be in chaos?" 

The Maknae stayed silent for a while, pondering about Namjoon's suggestion.

"You know... That's not necessarily a bad idea..." Jungkook started. "Yeah, we could do that I guess." Taehyung said. 

So in the end, the maknae line agreed on having a small challenge-like competition in order to save Namjoon's (as well as Yoongi and Hoseok's) sanity from being even more tortured. They all decided that they would try to take it slow and that they wouldn't be all up in Jin's face. Emphasis on the "try to". Without knowing it, they all became more touchy and engaged in more skinship with Jin (much to the other member's expense and disgust). Jin, of course, didn't notice any change and gratefully accepted the increased amount of attention.

Poor Jin, if only he knew what the future had in store for him.


Author's Note:

Hello reader, thank you for taking out some of your time to read this very experimental fanfic by me! This will probably be extremely bad because I've never written anything like this before. Either way, thanks for reading and feel free to leave a comment, suggestion, or anything of that sort in the comments section. Have a nice day/night/afternoon! @'3'@