within the violet breath.

the dark colours of magic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"in the silence of your bones and eyes, forgotten magic sits and waits by the fire."

 

k i m   j e n n i e.

 

Jennie had always had a careful mouth to conceal her sharp tongue along with her factual brain, which convinced the teachers that she was capable of being a prefect. Or rather, that she would at least be disciplined enough to punish fellow peers without hesitation. 

However, it had proven to be an awkward journey when she was the only odd one out of the prefect bunch. The carriage had been filled with strange glances and silence between the brewing rivalries. She fumbled for words, but unfortunately, nothing was able to come out.

Despite being Ravenclaw, the Slytherins had still shot her nasty glances. Perhaps, it was due to the fact that this was her first year being a prefect compared to the other students who have had at least one or two years of experience.

The brinking tension was even worse than trying to teach a second year how to cast a proper Patronus without a series of frustration. 

"So," Taeyeon, a popular Gryffindor member in her seventh-year stated with an easy-going, and gentle smile, "how are you all doing?" It was a valid attempt to lower the tension, but Jennie doubted it would work.

The more and more closer they had gotten towards Hogwarts, the worser their friendliness had gotten. At first, they were all capable of interacting with polite conversations, but it had sprung into silence when the scenery began to melt into the view they were all so familiar with.

"We're here," Yoongi, the infamous Slytherin prefect with a reputation of having more girls after him than the rest of all the houses put together. Too bad his personality overshadows his dark, brooding looks.

His tousled hair shines underneath the bright lights of the train and Jennie almost sneers when she sees the outlining smirk coating the edges of his lips.

Her eyes narrow ever so slightly and she almost groans when peals of laughter resonate from the other side of the carriage. It just reminded her of the loneliness in the prefect place.

Perhaps it was time to regret her decisions, but Jennie was too stubborn to accept it. 

 

 

***

 

 

"Jaehyun," she attempts to reason with, "we're prefects together right? So shouldn't you be handling the curfew check ups this time? Or at least do half of the location we have to cover?"

"But the problem is—students are much more afraid of you than me." He lets out a laugh and pauses, scratching the back of his head sheepishly. "Plus, I sort of promised, Yuta I'd help him handle the Hufflepuff members. You know how bloody twisted it can get with the first year Slytherin run-ins."

"You're unbelievable," Jennie scoffs, shaking her head at the absurdity, especially since Yuta would have multiple hands to help him. Not to mention, Slytherins normally quarrelled with Gryffindor not Hufflepuff. She swears, Jaehyun gets his facts wrong too frequently for a supposed Ravenclaw member.

"You're the best!"

"Just get out," she retorts in irritation.

"Gladly!" he calls back before grinning, then proceeding to walk off to which Jennie presumes is his meeting place with Yuta.

(she can only hope Seo Joohyun yells at him later, but Jennie knows it'll never happen.)

 

***

 

Jennie was preoccupied with her clustering thoughts, her fingers twirling around the edges of her black Hogwarts robe, while she walked around the corridor. She was quite astonished when she was assigned this area of the school by the Head of the House, Seo Joohyun. Normally, only seventh-years patrolled this inch, due to the importance of the library nearby. The Sorting Hat ceremony had just recently finished

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter