Chapter 2

The Chime is a Love Song

Nayeon stood nervously in front of a classroom. Previously she has agreed to be a teacher in Chaeyoung’s school. She thought she would be a teacher for at least elementary kids. However, life was playing with her. At the moment, she stood in front of a bunch of little kids around 4 and 5 years old.

She was sweating bullets. She was so nervous. This is will be the end of me, she thought. She was still couldn’t believe on what she just did. She just blindly agreed to be a kindergarten teacher.

“Silent clap!” the teacher ordered the kids. The kids immediately clapped their hands once and then made a shush sound.

“Okay, good morning, kids. How are you this morning?”

“I’m fine. How are you miss?” they half shouted.

“I am fine,” answered the teacher. “Now I want to introduce you to someone”

The teacher gestured Nayeon to introduce herself.

“Hello, my name is Im Nayeon. You can call me miss Nayeon,” she smiled awkwardly.

The kids stared at Nayeon. She found it very intimidating. Nayeon was never really be the type that could interact with kids freely. It was not because she didn’t like kids. It was because she felt awkward around them. This was understandable since Nayeon is the only child in her family.

“You are so pretty, miss Nayeon!” a girl with adorable chubby cheeks said loudly.

“T-Thank you,” Nayeon shuttered.

For God’s sake Im Nayeon! What the hell was that? Did you shuttering because of a little girl who probably can’t sleep by herself? Nayeon mentally slapped herself.

“Okay, Nayeon. I’ll leave you here. Please take care of them” said the teacher and then exited the classroom.

Nayeon inhaled deeply while closed her eyes. Trying to calming down her shaken soul.

“God, please bless my soul. Please don’t turn me into a satan in front of these kids or I’ll get fired. Amen.” Nayeon quietly prayed.

+++

“So, how’s your day?” Jihyo asked Nayeon. They were chatting comfortably in Nayeon’s apartment.

Nayeon sighed before answered jihyo’s question.

“It was quite great to be honest. Well except yeah I’m still awkward around my students.”

“You’ll get over your awkwardness soon. I am sure, you just need a little more time,” Jihyo assured.

“Yeah, easy for you to say that,” Nayeon rolled her eyes. “But actually, I must say that those kids are adorable. When I  was teaching them, no, when I was assisting them to draw a flower, a kid approach me and asked whether I know her mom or not”

“And then what did you say?”

“I said I’m not sure. I also asked her why she asked me that question. She said I share the same surname with her mother. You won’t believe me if I said the name of my student’s mother,” said Nayeon.

“Who? Her mother is one of your relatives?” Jihyo guessed.

“No. the kid’s name is Seohyun and she is the daughter of Im Yoona, the famous actress.”

“No way!”

“See? I told you,” said Nayeon in a matter-or-fact tone.

Jihyo glanced at her wristwatch.

“I think I should get going. I must fetch my dad from airport,” then Jihyo gathered her stuffs and shoved it into her bag.

“I’ll visit you tomorrow at school”

“Okay. Thanks for your help, Jihyo”

+++

“Papa, I want that plushy,” Tzuyu whinned at Jungyeon.

Jungyeon, Tzuyu , and Dahyun were at a shopping mall. At first Jungyeon thought it was a good idea to have lunch there but not anymore. It was fine until they ‘accidentally’ walked in front of a toy store and Tzuyu saw something she really like.

“Tzuyu, you already have your own plushy. Why you want another one?”

“It is Yoda! Tzuyu want Yoda!”

“But Tzuyu . . .” Jungyeon tried to calm down Tzuyu.

“Tzuyu want that Yoda. Please. I promise I’ll be a good girl if you buy me Yoda.” Tzuyu said with her adorable puppy eyes.

Jungyeon massaged her forehead.

“Aish! Why you showed me that look, Tyuzu? Don’t you know that I can’t resist that look? She must be get that look from her mother. Like mother like daughter.” Jungyeon murmured.

“Unnie, just buy her that plushy. She’s going to cry any moment,” Dahyun said.

“Yah Dahyun! I don’t want Tzuyu grows up like a spoiled girl. She need to know what she want and what she need,” Jungyeon argued.

“Unnie, you really sound like a real mother right now,” Dahyun teased.

Jungyeon ignored Dahyun’s statement and averted her attention back to Tzuyu.

“Tzuyu, I don’t think you need that plushy right now”

Hearing what Jungyeon said, Tzuyu frowned. Obviously sulked.

“You promised your mama that you’ll be a good girl right?”

Tzuyu nodded her head.

“If you want to be a good girl, now stop whining and frowning. I’ll buy you that Yoda,” said Jungyeon.

Tzuyu automatically smiled. Her eyes shone at Jungyeon’s words.

“I’ll buy you Yoda but not now. Later.”

The smile on Tzuyu’s face disappeared. Now it replaced with a pout.

“What is later?” Tzuyu asked. “Mama said she will come to see me later. But when is later? She never come to see me! It means that you’ll never buy me Yoda!” Tzuyu cried.

Jungyeon felt a pang in her heart when she heard Tzuyu’s words. Jungyeon and Dahyun started to panic.

“No no no. Jungyeon unnie didn’t mean like that. She will buy you Yoda. It’s just not this time. Maybe tomorrow or next week or next month. Even so, she will definitely buy you a Yoda,” Dahyun explained.

“Really?” Tzuyu asked with her sad face.

“Really. I’m not lying. Now wipe up your tears. Unnie will buy you ice cream,” said Dahyun while carry Tzuyu in her arms.

Jungyeon felt relived Tzuyu was not crying anymore. She mouthed a thank you to dahyun which Dahyun replied with a nod.

+++

Jungyeon thought there was something off with Tzuyu.

Normally in the morning Tzuyu would be very loud. Demanding this and that or asking Jungyeon to do something unbelieveable like waking up her Yoda plushy to have breakfast with them.

However, this time was an exception. Tzuyu was very quiet. She just silently ate her breakfast.

“Tzuyu, you are not asking Yoda to eat with you?” asked Jungyeon while pouring strawberry juice for Tzuyu.

“He doesn’t feel like to eat. He just want to sleep,” replied Tzuyu.

Now Jungyeon know why Tzuyu was so quiet. Today would be her first day at school. And Tzuyu didn’t like the idea.

“Tzuyu, get ready. It’s almost the time,” Jungyeon announced.

“But papa, Yoda said he doesn’t want to be here alone. I must stay here with him.”

“Nice try, Tzuyu. You can bring him to school. Dahyun unnie will send you to your school. I need to attend an important meeting,”

“But what if Yoda doesn’t like school? Poor him,” said Tzuyu.

“No, he will like it. Now get ready. We should go.”

Tzuyu walked lazily to the door. While murmuring some words like papa is so mean and what’s so fun about school?

Jungyeon just chuckled at Tzuyu’s cute actions.

+++

Nayeon was teaching her students to sing Bingo song when someone knocked the door. She stopped and invited the person to come in. There were the principal with a woman probably younger than her and a little girl.

“May I help you Mrs. Kim?” Nayeon asked.

“I’m sorry to disturb your class miss Nayeon,” the principal apologized. “I’m here to bring miss Dahyun and her little sister to you. Miss Dahyun’s little sister will be your new student.”

“Hello miss Nayeon. My name is Dahyun. This is my little sister. Her name is Tzuyu,” Dahyun introduced herself and Tzuyu who hide her face on Dahyun’s neck.

“Umm. Tzuyu here is a little bit shy. So I hope you understand that,” Dahyun said while put Tzuyu down. “Tzuyu, miss Nayeon is your teacher. You need to listen to her, okay?”

Nayeon looked at Tzuyu. Her face was red and her eyes also a little bit puffy. Is she crying? Nayeon asked in her mind.

“I want papa,” Tzuyu said with a clear sadness.

Nayeon decided to talk with Tzuyu.

“Tzuyu, you can wait your papa here while playing with your friends. It must be really fun,” Nayeon tried to persuade her.

“No, I just want to play with Yoda!” Tzuyu hugged her plushy.

Dahyun shoot apologetic look to Nayeon. “I’m sorry miss. Tzuyu really like her plushy. Is it possible for her to bring along her plushy?”

“Of course miss Dayhun,” said Nayeon.

“Okay, Tzuyu. Unnie will go right now. Be a good girl. Your papa will fetch you later,” Dahyun said and kissed Tzuyu cheeks.

“Promise?” Tzuyu showed her pinky.

“Yes. I promise.”

After that, Dahyun and the principal left the classroom. Nayeon then asked Tzuyu to introduce herself to the class.

“Hello, my name is Chou Tzuyu and this is Yoda,” said Tzuyu.

“Hello Tzuyu!” the kids greeted back.

“Okay Tzuyu. Now you can go to your seat. You can sit beside Sana,” Nayeon pointed a pink desk which occupied with a cute chubby cheeks little girl.

Tzuyu sat beside Sana. Sana looked at Tzuyu.

“Is that your friend?” Sana asked.

“Yes.” Tzuyu answered.

“My name is Sana. Minatozaki Sana. I am from Japan,” Sana introduce herself.

Hearing the word Japan, Tzuyu turned her head to face Sana.

“Japan? My mama is also from Japan,” Tzuyu said excitedly.

=======================================================================================================================

how is it? Tzuyu said her mother is from Japan. who could it be? :D

and for Jungyeon and Nayeon, they will meet soon. very soon :D :D

thank you for reading. and also thanks for the upvote, the subscriptions, and also the comments. I really appeciate it. hope you enjoy this update.