Chapter 1

The Chime is a Love Song

Im Nayeon, a beautiful woman in her early 20’s. She is currently a fresh graduate form a famous university and looking for a job. She was desperately need a job. She’s been submitted her job application to several company but still there was no good result. She was wondering why a straight A student from a well-known university struggled so hard to find a proper job.

She also wondering do all people need to struggle so much to find a job? She was still couldn’t believe it. She is a girl who born with a silver spoon, struggling to get something is not in her dictionary.

Actually Nayeon didn’t need to do all these if she is less stubborn. Yes, her stubbornness leads her to this situation. One day Nayeon got into a nasty argument with her parents. Being a stubborn girl, she decided to run away from her house. This left her father furious. He cut all of her allowance and her credit card with a hope that it will bring Nayeon home.

Still, Nayeon is Nayeon. For she is the most stubborn girl you ever imagined. She thought if she back to her parents, she would be a total loser because it means that she cannot live without her parents’ fortune.

Nayeon sat on a couch. Her hand busy flipped a newspaper, searching a job vacancy when her phone suddenly rang.

“Hello”

“Im Nayeon! Are you still looking for a job?” It was Jihyo, Nayeon’s bestfriend since they were child.

“Yes, I am. Why?”

“I have an offer for you. I don’t know if you like it or not,” said Jihyo.

“What is it? As long as you are not asking me to be some sort of a bounty killer, I am totally fine with it,” said Nayeon.

“Ck! Im Nayeon and her antics,” said Jihyo. “Okay, you know that my cousin’s dad owned a school right?”

“Which cousin of yours?”

“Chaeyoung. You know her right?”

“Ah! I know. Why? Do they have a job for me?” asked Nayeon with a visible desperateness.

“They need a teacher in her new school. Can you do it? The salary is fine I guess. Considering it is an international school you will work at”

“Teacher?” said Nayeon in disbelief. “I don’t have a degree in education field. Even my major is not even correlate with education. How can I become and capable to be a teacher?”

“It’s okay Nayeon-ah,” Jihyo tried to convinced her. “They won’t ask you to teach something difficult. You will be an art teacher. Since you can sing quite well and your drawing is not that bad”

“Yah! Jihyo! Are you dissing me right now?” Nayeon slightly annoyed.

“If you said so,” said Jihyo jokingly. “So, how is it?”

Nayeon contemplated for a while. She was sure she would decline the offer. However, the moment when she wanted to say no, she remembered on important thing: she need to survive and need to pay for her life expenses.

“Okay. I’ll take the job”

“Yeay! I’ll tell Chaeng and her father,” said Jihyo cheerfully.

“Thank a lot for your help, Jihyo-ah. I really appreciate it.”

“It’s okay. That’s what friends are for”

“Yea. Said the one who laughing so hard when I got my first heartbreak”

Jihyo laughed so hard on Nayeon’s statement.

“But it was so funny. You should see your face on the mirror at that time,” Jihyo explained.

“Yeah whatever. Thank Jihyo-ah. Bye”

“Bye bye~”

Nayeon looked around her surroundings. She sighed as she still has many things to do. She just moved in to her new apartment. She needed to arrange her stuffs so that her apartment decent enough to live in.

*meanwhile in the other place*

“Yah! Yoo Jungyeon! Can you be more serious? We need to be serious! There’s no time to fool around!” a man shouted at a girl named Jungyeon.

Jungyeon just raised her thumbs as a signal that she understood what her coach said.

Jungyeon is a university student. She is majoring in Japanese literature. She is the star of her university track team. With her position as the star of her team, no wonder there were many people claimed to be her fans.

“Captain Yoo!” Dahyun, her teammate called her. Dahyun loved to call Jungyeon as Captain Yoo because she remind her to Captain Yoo from her favorite TV drama. It was also supported with the fact that Jungyeon is the leader of their track team.

“What is it Dahyun?”

“This princess insist she wants to meet you,” Dahyun said.

A little girl, a beautiful doll-like little girl around 4 years old ran towards Jungyeon and hugged her leg.

“Papa!” the little girl said.

Jungyeon seemed a little bit awkward with the little girl’s remark.

“Don’t call me papa. Just call me Jungyeon unnie,” Jungyeon said softly.

“B-But . . . mama said . . .,” the little girl frowned.

“Okay okay. You can call me papa as much as you want but not here, okay? I’ll let you call me papa at home. Is it okay for you? I’ll buy you ice cream later. Okay Tzuyu?,” said Jungyeon.

“Okay Jungyeon unnie,” Tzuyu said happily while dragging her Yoda plushy.

After Tzuyu back to her seat, Dahyun walked closer to Jungyeon.

“Why she keep calling you as papa?” Dahyun asked with curiosity.

Jungyeon stared at Tzuyu who happily playing with her light saber and her Yoda plushy then said, “I don’t know either. Ask her mother.”