Locked in Love

Locked in Love

 

“I gotta go...I really gotta go!” Dongwoo pleaded as he bounced up and down, not sure for how much longer he would be able to hold it.

“Now?!” Sungkyu's eyes narrowed into two deadly slits, cutting him in half with his stare alone. “They are going to call us on stage any moment now! You know it's either us or 2PM right. Just hold it for a bit longer, or are you going to risk missing that moment of glory when they hand us the trophy?” he said under his breath, nodding and smiling at the idols passing by. It was a total madhouse, everyone was waiting to go on the final stage, listening to 2PM's killer performance as it came to a wrap. They really were monsters on stage. Dongwoo squeezed his thighs together, fidgeting nervously around, tugging on Sungkyu's sleeve to distract himself. He wasn't as sure as Sungkyu that they had this in the bag, 2PM was a pretty worthy opponent. He never tired of watching their performances, he had even secretly gone to a concert once. Nobody knew how big a fan he was. So big in fact that he wouldn't mind all that much loosing the trophy to them, after all, they totally deserved it, and he kind of wanted to see their reactions. There was nothing that sparkled as bright as Nichkhun's smile. But he knew their fans had worked hard to try and get them to first place, so he didn't want to let them down, he wanted to win for them. This inner conflict was doing a number on him, making him extra nervous.

“Fine! Do what you want! Don't be surprised to hear 'I told you so' when you don't make it back in time.” Sungkyu sighed, tiredly claiming his sleeve back. He had been working nonstop for the last week, preparing for the comeback. And finally the day was here and they were only moments away from the announcement of the winner.

“I'll be really quick!!” he promised, starting to push through the crowd before finishing the sentence. The moment he broke free from the herd of idols, he started flat out running. He was going to make it. He could feel his heart running in his chest as well, cheering him on.

The goal was in sight, the bathroom door stood only a few meters away, in all its mundane glory. He had almost reached it, when someone almost crashed into him, shoving him aside. Normally, he would just let it go, but he was in a hurry, so he shoved back, not knowing who it was. Both of them burst through the door at the same time, something they knocked over making a big racket right outside the door. There was no time to worry about that. He literally flew into the nearest stall and took care of business, jumping right back out. He had been so quick that the bathroom door, ricocheting off the wall, shut right in his face, the violent slamming noise ominously echoing through the room. Frustrated at the few second delay of having to open the door, he grabbed the handle. Nothing happened. The door wouldn't budge.

“Let me.” a soft hand smoothly pushed him aside. The hairs on the back of Dongwoo's neck stood on edge. It was Nichkhun. He would recognize that voice anywhere. It was as if a piece of cloud had gotten stuck in his throat, that was how sweet and fluffy his voice was.

He watched in awe as Nichkhun manhandled the door, but it was no use. They looked at each other for a split second, both realizing at the same moment that they weren't going to make it to the stage. They shouted at the top of their lungs, banging on the door as if their life depended on it. Nothing. Dongwoo felt as if they had been transported into some parallel universe, a world with only the two of them, and six toilets.

"Phone. PHONE!" Nichkhun exclaimed as if he had made the discovery of a lifetime. "Give me your phone!" he demanded, holding out his impatient hand. Instinctively, he patted down his pockets, even though he knew full well that he didn't have it.

"I..eh.. never bring my phone to recordings..heh.." he shrugged apologetically, laughing feebly.

"Damn, me neither." Nichkhun sighed deeply, his body language signaling defeat. Dongwoo watched as a pearl of sweat made its way down Nichkhun's exposed upper arm, caressing the curves of his muscles on its journey downwards. Mesmerized, Dongwoo followed it all the way down to his wrist, where it dramatically fell to its death as Nichkhun raised his hand and ran his fingers through his slightly disheveled but stylish hair.

“We've missed it.” Nichkhun sighed deeply, sinking to the floor, resting his back against a closed bathroom stall door. Dongwoo did the same. The moment his bottom touched the cold tiles, the light went out. They tried waving and moving, but it wouldn't turn back on again. They were stuck, all alone in the dark. Dongwoo was relieved to at least have Nichkhun by his side, without him he would definitely have freaked out by now.

“They know we are in here, right? ...they'll come rescue us after the show, right?” Dongwoo asked, his voice more shaky than he had expected. Nichkhun just shrugged, staring out into the darkness. The only source of light was a vague green hue from the emergency exit sign. The emergency exit was the same as the damn door that wouldn't budge. A lot of good that did them. Best emergency exit ever.

“Who do you think is going to win?” he continued, finding the silence uncomfortable.

“Us, of course.” Nichkhun gave him a cocky wink, grinning like he owned the place.

“Are you really not going to wash your hands...” he added, wrinkling his nose.

“Ah, I forgot! Heh....I was in such a hurry you know.... heh...” Dongwoo chuckled embarrassingly and a little too loudly, jumping up and rushing to the sink. He washed his hands thoroughly, shaking them a little too vigorously at the end, managing to bang his wrist on the sink. In his defense, it was pretty dark in there. It hurt like hell though, so he couldn't stop a loud “Ouch!” from bursting out, echoing through the room, from wall to wall.

“You okay?!” Nichkhun came rushing to him. The concern in his voice made him melt on the spot, transforming him into a warm little puddle on the floor.

“Man, you've got to be careful, watch what you're doing sometimes, you know?” Nichkhun rambled on as he put his arm around him and slowly, carefully escorted him back to the stall doors. His skin tingled where Nichkhun was touching him, and even after he had removed his hand it refused to forget his enchanting touch.

“I think it's going to be okay.” Nichkhun mumbled as he examined his wrist, trying to bend it every which way. It hurt a bit, but the swarm of butterflies that had invaded his body were so distracting that he hardly noticed it.

 

Dongwoo had lost all sense of time. He wasn't sure if they had sat there for half an hour or half a century. He was bored. He wasn't sure whether Nichkhun was sleeping or not, he was leaning his head against the stall door, not moving a muscle.

“So ahm.... have you dated a lot of idols?” Dongwoo ventured, not able to endure the silence one second longer.

Nichkhun chuckled as the silhouette of his body came back to life. He looked a bit intimidating as the shadows emphasized his high-class, prince-like profile. Dongwoo was convinced he was a descendant of some ancient Chinese royal family, that had gone into hiding, escaping to Thailand. A secret kept from the world to ensure Nichkhun's safety.

“Hasn't everyone?” Nichkhun smirked, a spark shooting across his eyes. “I mean, we're surrounded by beautiful people everywhere, how are we supposed to help it? You know what I mean.” he bumped shoulders with him for emphasis.

“He he, yeah.” Dongwoo nodded, he couldn't really disagree since he was awfully close to one of the most beautiful creatures on the planet at the moment.

He held his breath, not sure if he had the courage to ask the question that was burning a hole into his brain. He had always been curious about this, and there would never come a better chance to ask. So he just went for it.

“Have you ever...ehm...kissed a guy?” he bit his lip, his stomach churning in anticipation of his reaction.

There was a pause. A pause that lasted forever. Maybe he shouldn't have asked.

Nichkhun sort of looked around the bathroom, even though there was nothing to see in the darkness, there wasn't really anything to see in daylight either. Then he turned his head and looked him straight in the eye. Dongwoo felt like he was staring right into his soul, seeing everything. The ends of Nichkhun's mouth pulled up into a great big smirk, before he nodded ever so slightly. Dongwoo swooned a little too hard. He had definitely done more than kissing, he could see it in his eyes.

“You?” He didn't break eye-contact, his intense, almost animalish stare electrifying the air between them. You could cut the air with a knife, only you would be foolish to do so, for you would most certainly be electrocuted.

Dongwoo slowly shook his head, having a hard time concentrating because of the incessant pounding of his heart. It felt like his whole body was pulsating to its rhythm.

Then Nichkhun leaned in a little closer. Much closer. Their lips were almost touching. He could feel his warm breath on his face, it smelled rather sweet. “But you want to...” he whispered.

Dongwoo felt dizzy, trying hard to maintain consciousness. Every cell in his body was screaming 'Yes! Yes, I want to!', but he was completely paralyzed. This moment was what dreams were made of. No, he could never come up with such an amazing dream. Impossible.

Nichkhun didn't wait for an answer, he closed the narrow gap between them, joining their lips together in a soft, warm, delicious kiss.

Right then, with the worst timing in the history of the planet, there was a loud bang and eleven burly boys came pouring through the door. Like a lightning bolt, Nichkhun pushed him away, hard, his sharp reflexes saving them a lot of trouble.

“It's about time, we've been here forever! If you had come any later we would have died from starvation.” Dongwoo announced overly dramatically to make sure nobody noticed the atmosphere into which they had just walked, running into Myungsoo's arms, as he was the closest,

“Dude, it's been like 15 minutes.” Myungsoo patted him lightly on the back and started leading him out. He took one glance back at Nichkhun, blushing as their eyes met.

 

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________

AN: Better late than never! That's at least my outlook on life haha >.<

Apologies for the lateness, could not be helped :/

Hope you enjoyed it! :)

Next up - Taecyeon Day! Yay! :D