04. Sneeze

Chatshire


After all that happened the night before, Yoongi partially wished that the upcoming morning would be extraordinarily different. A green sun, perhaps. 

But when the loud chirps of a family of sparrows nesting on his apple tree woke him up from his deep slumber, as usual, the sun was weak and gloomy as its ray was strained by a layer of thin, sad fog. As usual. And so without much thought Yoongi went on his merry old way to run through his morning routine.

He would rise up from his bed with a loud yawn, as usual. Pop into his slipper and shambled along the corridor to get his morning hearth going. As usual. 

What was unusual was that for a split second he forgot of the existence of his strange guest, which led to him jumping slightly in shock and letting out the most squeakiest yelp ever made by an adult male. 

"Holy mother dear-..." he muttered as he made circles in the adjoining corridor, hand resting over his chest to give it a soothing rub. 

She was still, or at least appeared to be, sleeping. Unmoving from the spot she occupied from last night. Yoongi began to worry, 'what if she's sick? What if she's... dead.' 

But his concerns didn't last for long. One quick glance over her territory and it was easy for him to notice signs of life from around the proximity of the bowl of tomato soup. It was clean, clean, most probably, with the spoon carelessly tossed to the side. From the dried up splotches of tomato soup on his front door, it was apparent that the spoon made impact there, still full of tomato soup, before stopping near the back of his dining utensils drawer. 

Besides all that, he was further reassured when he saw faint movements coming from the wooly lump. The rising and falling of someone drawing breath. A human. A cat-human, still, but human nevertheless. 

With timed efficiency gained only from years of practice ingrained to muscle memory, Yoongi readied up the fireplace. He felt slightly bad for leaving the stranger with only 2 layers of damp towel and a carefully draped spare duvet. Thankfully it wasn't that chilly of a night, if not Yoongi would feel terribly bad for causing his guest to catch a-

"A-choo!" 

Cold. 

 

- - - - - 

 

"What's your name?" Yoongi braved himself and asked the woman (girl, really) who was slurping the leftovers of his tomato soup with fervor. He knew slurping and using only your tongue was an... immodest thing to do when eating soup. But when his attempt of spoon feeding her resulted in a dynamic splash of red across his treasured coral curtain, Yoongi decided to step back and let her do her own thing. 

"That... that's fine I mean we can take it slow and,-" his voice huffed to a close when she didn't even seem to listen to him. 'Can she even speak?' He wondered when he saw her the accumulated soup from the corners of and the only thing that came to his mind was FERAL. Not only that, she was crouched on the floor, , hair stringy and messed up like a bird's nest and the last thing he expected her to do was look him right in the eye and began to introduce herself with poise and clarity. 

Yoongi glanced anxiously to the grandfather clock to the right of the fireplace. Thirty past six. He need to open his shop in fifteen minutes. 

"But what abou-,"

No amount of protesting would stop his loyal customers from getting angry. 

"Yes I know but,-!" 

Yoongi was suddenly reminded of the fact that it was Tuesday and if he didn't give them their swede on Tuesdays it would be like the Great War all over again. 

"Oh darn it!" The way he caught himself after saying those words was clear enough indicator that he never really had a colorful vocabulary to begin with. He took another worried look at the girl and he saw her rubbing snot with the back of her hand. It was clear from her mannerism and distressed little noises that she was getting more and more agitated from her stuffed nose. Not being able to smell, not being able to BREATHE, and somehow, it seemed to him that she'd slowly realized the changes on her physical state as she'd began to sniff curiously at her hair (or at least attempted to, with her clogged nose and all), and was looking quite distressed that she was finding skin rather than white fur to . 

It was a pitiful, really. 

And so even though Yoongi was unwilling to get more scratches on himself, he found himself unfurling the rumpled piece of handkerchief from his front pocket and held it in front of the girl's nose. 

Yes, held it. As if he was waiting for the girl to take it and blow her own nose. The same girl who didn't seem to understand the use of a spoon. 

And thus, it shouldn't be a huge source of shock for him when she only stared at the white slip of fabric, then back at him, then back at the fabric, before walking back (more like crawling back, as she did it on all fours) to her 'nest' at the side of the sofa. 

When she finished circling it a few times and plopped comfortably atop the bundle, Yoongi once again attempted to make herself blow her nose. This time, he used the mimicry technique, putting the handkerchief over his own nose and miming the motion of nose blowing. 

But have you ever tried to make your cat mimic your movement? Yes? Did it work? 

Exactly. 

Before he even finished his demonstration, the girl had closed her eyes and went back into a full belly induced nap. 

Knowing that all his efforts were for naught, Yoongi finally dropped his arms in defeat, "well... okay then." 

He started to realize that maybe the situation he was in was too big for a run of the mill bloke like him, magical werecat girl and all. But this wasn't a problem he could quickly solve by dropping her at the nearest lost animal pen. 'This is... this is massive.' 

His spirit broken, Yoongi solemnly reached over to his coat and don it, thinking that he he would have a clearer mind and a new perspective on everything that'd been happening after a full day of social interaction. Because right then, he was completely and utterly stumped. 

Right as he clicked the last button on his patchy coat, he heard the unmistakable sound of someone knocking on his front door. 

The girl didn't even seem to be bothered by the unwelcomed noise, typical cat. 

Yoongi, on the other hand, was panicked beyond belief. He was completely stunned on the spot, trying unbelievably hard to find a way to explain his situation to whoever was waiting in front of his door. 

'Who could it be who who who Mrs. Tan? Mrs. Kim? The Police? Oh I'm doomed I'm doomed I'm doomed' 

He was so shocked he somehow forgot that he could just use his back door.

 

 

"Yoongi? I know you're home I can see your hairy toes you lazy prick! Open the door it's Namjoon!"

 

Oh... It was just his especially rude milkman.


 



A/N: I'm so sorry for the utterly random last two sentences... I legit wrote it 5 minutes before I sleep last night and I don't want to scrap it because it's hilarious LOL.
AND GUSY PLEASE WAIT PATIENTLY BUT JIEUN THE CAT WILL TAKE A WHILE BEFORE SHE CAN TRULY INTERACT WITH YOONGI.
I'm basing her on my beloved cat and she's this utter ice princess so it'll take soooome time before she melts.