Chapter III

Save me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She woke up the next morning feeling recharge, ready to know the city and to pick a college to apply. She took a morning shower and brushed her long hair. She picked a floral short dress with short sleeves as the day looked between sunny and fresh. She used to wear pretty dresses all the time.

 

She went down the stairs and stopped when she saw his room. She remembers last night, should she tell her aunt what had happened? Or she should just forget about it because is not a big deal? Yeah… maybe she should just forget about. He was drunk. Drunken people make stupid things. The door still closed and she can’t hear anything coming from inside, he went out again, she guess… but she shouldn’t care. She made a face and kept walking towards the kitchen.

 

“Good morning!” Sandara said as she turned around and face her.

 

“Good morning aunt, why everything you cook smells so good?” Roseanne asked, watching her plate in the table.

 

“Ah, thanks for that” Sandara blushed. “Seat and eat… I see you’re going out. Where are you going?”

 

“I brought a map with me from Australia and I want to walk around the city” She said, taking a seat and giving a bite to her meal.

 

“I think it’s a good idea” Sandara took a seat as well.

 

“Donghae already left?”

 

“Yeah. He goes early in the morning and comes back later at night” Sandara answered. “I work from 11PM to 8P.M.”

 

“So, I guess until I start college I’ll be alone all the time, right?”

 

“Basically… did you pick a career already?”

 

Roseanne nodded. “Yes, I want to study desing I want to apply in any university with that career”

 

Sandara clapped both hands with a bright smile on her face. “That’s a girl with a plan”

 

“I will try to do my best so Donghae will help with the job thing”

 

“He’s a man of word but I still not sure about it”

 

“Aunt... Please, don’t treat me like my mom. I have 20 years old. I need to have work experience” Roseanne took a hold on Sandara’s hand slightly.

 

“I know, I know” Her aunt took a deep breath and then waved her hands. “Let’s focus first on the college and we talk about the other thing later”

 

Sandara was going to change the subject and said something else when she stayed in silence looking at the living room with a surprise expression; Roseanne had to look as well to see what she was looking so amazed. The guy from last night, this so called Yoongi was walking towards the kitchen wearing a pair of jeans and a big white shirt, his blond hair looked messy and wet, so that can possibly means he got a shower, his face looks fresh and clean but that makes his eyes bags way bigger. He ignored them completely as he made his way to the coffee machine.

 

“Good morning” Sandara said sarcastically while following him with her eyes.

 

He looked over his shoulders. “Yeah, sup?” and looked back to his coffee.

 

“Would you like to get breakfast?” She asked him, standing up.

 

“No, thanks” he responded.

 

Sandara’s maternal side won over and she walked to him, putting her hand on his back. “Just a little bit please” She whispered.

 

He looked at her one more time. “No” that’s what he said before taking the first sip of his coffee.

 

Sandara gave up and sat again on the table while Roseanne was still eating. He turned around with the cup on his hand and they all made silence for a while. It was a very awkward silence, until Sandara broke it.

 

“Rosie” She said. “Did you wrote to Alice last night?”

 

Roseanne nodded. “Yes, I did. She haven’t answer me, though”

 

“She is busy, maybe when you arrive here later, you’ll find a message there” Sandara winked and smile and so did Roseanne.

 

Both of them were chatting and conversing totally ignoring the guy standing there drinking coffee but it’s not like he wanted to participate anyway, Sandara had to go and answer the phone when it rang suddenly and left Roseanne in an awkward silence once more with the guy who had already take three cups of coffee in one seat. She ended her meal and stood up to wash her plate and didn’t even notice the guy was eating her alive.

 

He analyzed every single part of her body: her curvy waist, her slim white legs that looked y on the dress, her long wavy hair falling on her shoulders and back. The dress was tight so he could see the form of her body under it like it was a beautiful painting.

 

Man, this girl is hot.

 

He placed the cup in front of Roseanne in a sign for her to wash it too.

 

“I might as well start to eat breakfast from now on” He whispered in her ear and walked out of the kitchen, she heard him taking keys, then questions from Sandara, then the door close and finally the sound of his jeep engine; he was leaving again.

 

She stayed there with the hands on the plate she was washing; he had a different smell from last night, his mouth smell like mint or peppermint, something in between and he had the same perfume he had yesterday but this time without being combine to alcohol or smoke, he was people after all. She shook it off and ended washing her dish, including his cup and placed each thing on its place when she heard Sandara speaking behind her.

 

“Rosie, I need to go” She said. “Usually I start to work at 11AM but there is a problem with the second chef and I have to go”

 

Sandara was the head chef of a restaurant in the center of Gangnam, maybe that was why her food was so delicious and smelled good every single time. Even simple toasted smelled so good when she prepared them.

 

Roseanne turned around and nodded, looking how she was putting her coat on.

 

“Are you sure you’ll be ok?” She asked her again, she really didn’t want her to be in danger.

 

Roseanne nodded for the second time “I’ll be fine, aunt”

 

Sandara gave her a quick kiss in the forehead and went out of the house. She dried her hands on a towel, looked around and decided it was time to go for her as well. She went back to her room, grabbed the map, her things and also went out of the house, locking the door behind her. She was used to walk when she was in Australia and the motive behind this was walking anyway. She only took the bus so she could arrive at the center of the city faster. She grabbed the map and started to walk everywhere, trying to remember where her bus stop was but... everything fade away as she was knowing each corner of Seoul.

 

She study the characters and saw the amazing stores, fashion stores, technology stores, the technology in Seoul is crazy. She kept walking, she stepped in front of MBC and SBS building, so here is where the idols make their comebacks and special stage, it’s pretty. She then walked more and found the mall where she was picked last night and decided to enter. It was the first mall she visited and she already knew where each store, each restaurant was; beside, it was already lunch time and she was hungry and knowing that no one was going to be in the house, may as well lunch out.

 

She asked for a light meal, only fried chicken and a salad and looked a place to seat, but every table was crowed and she didn’t have any other option than to walk towards a guy with a laptop on the table. He was all alone and had plenty of space.

 

“Excuse me” She said in a low tone but caught his attention. “Can I seat here? The place is very crowded”

 

The guy smiled at her and nodded, pointing at the chairs; clearly agree with her sitting there.

 

“Thanks” She said as she took the seat in front of him.

 

She started to eat when she heard him speaking to her. “You’re not Korean, right?”

 

Roseanne took a look of him and he was watching her with an amusing smile. She got nervous but her voice was stable. “Is it that obvious?”

 

The guy’s smile went bigger. “Yeah, your Korean is funny” He said. “It’s not bad; it’s just that you pronounce the words with a special accent”

 

The same thing Donghae told her last night. She didn’t notice she was blushing. “I’m sorry; I’m from Australia so we have the funny accent there”

 

“Oh” The guy nodded quickly. “That makes more sense”

 

“Sorry if I said something that offended you”

 

The guy kept that pretty and sweet smile. “Don’t worry. Your Korean is good; it’s just the accent, that’s it”

 

Roseanne only nodded and kept eating her meal. In a pause, she placed the map beside her plate. The guy noticed it.

 

“Are you walking around the streets, with that?” He asked.

 

“Ah” Roseanne said, looking the map and saving it on her bag for the first time since she got out of the house. She was feeling a bit embarrassed. “Yeah…” she didn’t have another choice that answered the truth. “I’m going well so far”

 

“Sometime is a bit con

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter