Warming the Winter

Warming the Winter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Please play your saddest playlist while reading this. Then please comment below your songs you played. Also, I'm sorry if this one shot is still very messy even though I wrote it for a couple of months I think. Thank you :)

 

*PAROMA!*

Moonbyul woke up as her alarm clock on her phone buzzed. She dismissed it and took a rest for a while. She was lazily to get up but she needs to work, of course because if she will not work, how can she pay her rent and eat something? Let's say broke people usually do that. I mean people who were kicked out of their house. In her case, she was the one who decided to moved herself out of their house. She is now living in an apartment where she spend for five years. After taking her rest, she got up and went to bathroom to took a bath even though it is cold.

After she took her bath, she went to her room wearing her bathrobe and opened her closet to choose what she will wear. She decided to wear a simply yet cozzy outfit. The phone buzzed and checked who texted her. It was from her co-worker named Hani.

From: Ahn Hanichuchu~

Byullie, no work today. Stay safe <3

"Ugh" she sighed.

Hani is one of her best friends who is always supportive and the one that lights up her day because of her humours. Also, she is always concern about Moonbyul after all when she saw her who looked pale that time because she was sick and she don't have a place to go and live then. Moonbyul was really new in their town until Grandma Ahn, Hani's grandmother, approached and offered her a room to stay for a while. From there, they became friends.

Going back to Moonbyul,

Moonbyul doubted the text message she received. She was thinking twice if she will call Hani but decided not.

"What will I do today?" she asked herself. She sat on the bed and laid herself down.

She closed her eyes and let out her sigh. At the same time, she is thinking on how she will spend her vacant day until she remembered something.

"How is he? I miss him so much. I'm sorry if I almost forgot this special day" she blurted.

She got up and looked at her right corner. It was the happiest picture she had before her happiness left. Her love. Beside the picture frame, she noticed the calendar.

It's December 20, two days before her birthday.

Her stomach grumbled that made her giggled. She haven't eat breakfast yet.

"I must eat my breakfast before I will come to you right?"

 

 

On the other side, a man named Minhyuk was lying on the floor with his dog named Hamo.

While he was playing with his dog, he was busy on his SNS account until someone barged inside his home.

"Yah! Lee Minhyuk" his guest called.

"What the hell are you doing here, Seo Eunkwang?" he boringly asked.

"Did you know I waited for 25 minutes in front of your door? Have you not heard me calling your name?" he stormed out and place a plastic bag in the table.

"You're not my mother to scold me" he angrily told and didn't even bother to take a look to his friend.

"Hey you must eat now" Eunkwang tapped Minhyuk's shoulder before he leave him.

Eunkwang knew Minhyuk for a long time. Eunkwang is a good friend but Minhyuk who casually do certain things like a classy gangster. Today, Eunkwang came to his place after two years. Oh well, Eunkwang decided to leave the country for business matters that's why their communication lost. Also that time, Minhyuk thought that Eunkwang left him because of his attitude same goes with his other friends. Although his relationship with his parents are now okay, he chose to live in an apartment alone for some reasons.

Minhyuk felt his stomach grumbled and saw the plastic bag on the table. He stood up and opened the plastic bag. He saw a tupperware that contains food and with a message on top of the container.

Fix everything you messed – Eunkwang

 

 

It is raining snow outside and its cold. The two persons had eaten their breakfast. Minhyuk is back with his usual doing while Moonbyul went out with her yellow umbrella.

"Oh Byulyi where are you going?" Yongsun asked her as she saw Moonbyul passed by to her bread shop.

"I'm going to him" she answered and smiled.

Yongsun nodded and gave Moonbyul a hot pack and bread that is freshly baked.

"Keep yourself warm. Stay safe as always" and wave her hands.

"Thank you, eoni!" she bowed and resumed walking.

While she's going on her way, Minhyuk who was at home still playing with his dog decided to clean his messy room.

Fix everything you messed

Fix everything you messed

"What does he mean?" he asked himself. That message, the one that Eunkwang left, keeps on flashing in his mind until an object fell on the floor.

"Huh?!" he curiously look at it and slowly pick it up. It was a mini paper bag filled with pictures.

 

"Hey, make a photo album of these pictures, okay?" she said and handed him the mini paper bag.

"Are you commanding me to do that?" he protested and returned it to her.

"You don't want to do that because it’s too feminine for you right and at the same time you're lazy" she remarked with a hint of frustration.

"Ok fine" he grabbed it from her and kissed her forehead. "I must go now"

"Me too" she turned to her right and walk.

"Why should I do this thing?" he thought and planning to throw the mini paper bag but of course, he can't because Hyunsik called him that's why he kept it to his bag.

 

He smiled and sat on his bed. He organized all the pictures and decided to put it on a photo album.

"I never thought that these pictures were cute" he chuckled but immediately, his face went crestfallen. "I never thought that I will really love you"

"Where is she right now? Is she okay? Did she find someone better than me?" he queried. "I'm such a loss. It's okay if she find someone better than me because she don't deserve me"

He shivered as he felt the cold thin air coming from his fan brushed to his skin. Also, he was staying in his apartment for how many days. He decided to go out and go to his favorite cafe. He wore his warm outfit and gets his umbrella.

"Hamo, appa is going out. You must stay here okay?" he patted Hamo's head before he went outside.

 

 

“Eoni!" Wheein screamed that caused Moonbyul to look from her left side.

"Oh Wheein-ie" she waved her free hand. "How are--- Whoa new flowers!"

Moonbyul looks so delighted as she saw a new bouquet of flowers in front of Wheein's store.

"Yes, aren't they beautiful?" she queried. Moonbyul, who loves flowers, went near to the bouquets.

"Yes they are awesomely beautiful" she complimented and sniffed some of them.

"Where are you going, eoni?" Wheein interrogated. She lifted her head and faced Wheein.

"I'm going to him" she answered. "By the way, where's Hyejin?"

"Did you just call my name?"

She turned to her back and saw Hyejin who is wearing her usual resting b***h face.

"You heard it right?" she smirked at Hyejin but Hyejin rolled her eyes.

"Ya! Ahn Hyejin why are you--"

Moonbyul words were cut because Hyejin flashed a smile on her and...

"Eoni, I miss you" she said and hugged her.

"I miss you too" she smiled and release from their hug.

"And where's Taehyun?" she faced and asked Wheein.

"Taehyun went to work. He will go home at 6pm" Wheein answered.

"Hello, ChingByul" Taein bowed to her while holding Hyejin's hand. Taein is the daughter of Wheein and his husband Taehyun.

"Oh, hello, Taein-ah" she bowed too.

Taein usually called Moonbyul as Chingbyul (Chingu + Byul) because Moonbyul doesn't want to called herself as imo. But for her friends, the "Chingbyul" is weird that's why some other times they called her Dumb Byul or Dumb Eoni. It’s okay, they are used to it.

"Chingbyul, you're pretty today" Taein complimented. Moonbyul's cheek turned crimson when she heard that.

"Taein, you're not supposed to lie. It's bad" Hyejin told Taein ruining Moonbyul's mood. Wheein laughed at that moment.

"That's why you don't have any suitors because of your Hwasa-side, Hyejinnie" Moonbyul joked.

"HAHAHAHA That's what you thought eoni. We are planning our marriage" Hyejin confessed to which Moonbyul become surprised and confused. "Yah! Eoni, I already told you about that"

"Really? When?" Moonbyul asked.

"When the four of us are planning to have a getaway, Hyejin told us about that" Wheein replied.

"I must be a workaholic to forget that. I am sorry hehe" Moonbyul chuckled. 

"It’s okay eoni, we understand. Just don't forget our unwinding day or else Yongsun eoni will hit you very hard" Hyejin joked.

"Of course! By the way, I must go now" Byul bowed to them. "Oh yes, Wheein-ah, can I have a basket of flowers? Any type its fine"

"Okay!" she looked for a beautiful basket of flowers and handed it to her.

"Thank you" she bowed again and waved her hands to them. "Taein-ah, be good to your parents okay?"

 

 

On the other side, Minhyuk is on his way to the cafe but a man named, Hyunsik came to approach him.

"Hyung! How are you?" he greeted.

"I'm fine" he bowed to him. "How about you?"

"I'm fine too. Want to hang out with our friends this coming December 26?" he asked him with his eye smile.

"Uhmm, I think I can't go because I have my work but I will try to catch up" he replied.

"It's okay hyung, I understand" he said. "I must go now. Nice to meet you again. Advance Merry Christmas"

"Advance Merry Christmas too" he smiled.

He resumed to his walk when suddenly his attention was caught to the girl who was holding her yellow umbrella and a basket of flowers.

 

"Omo! Flowers!" she delightedly spoke when Minhyuk gave her a bouquet.

"Aren't they beautiful?" he asked.

"Yes!" she grabbed the bouquet and smelled the flowers. "Thank you, oppa"

"Welcome, my princess" he courteously bowed like a prince.

 

Minhyuk who is astonished, unconsciously followed her way. The girl took a glance when she felt someone is following her. Minhyuk successfully hide and resume following her when she continued walking.

Moonbyul, on the other hand, stopped in front of the gate where her half of her life was located. She entered and went to the place where her son was buried.

"Mianhae, Yoolreum, if eomma didn't visit you recently" she bent down to place the basket of flower on top of her son's tombstone. Then she laid a blanket on the ground and sat on it.

"Oh, Yoolreum. It's your day right? I'm sorry if I almost forgot" she asked and smiled. From there, she sang a birthday song for her son.

Minhyuk who decided to come near to her was shocked as he heard that Moonbyul had a son.

"You had a son?" he asked with a tone of shocked and disappointment. Moonbyul looked at him with a shock on her face. After five years, they met again.

"Why are you here?" she queried him while processing the fact that Minhyuk was there.

"Answer mine first" he told her but Moonbyul looked at him from head to toe.

"Yes, isn't it obvious that I have a son?" she stated. "Then why are you here?"

"I followed you because of your yellow umbrella. I followed you because I never saw you for the past five years" he replied. They remained silent and Moonbyul decided to turned him back and face the tombstone of her son.

"Byulyi, let me ask you a question" Minhyuk broke the silent and Byul didn't face her.

"If you're asking who his father is, definitely it was you" she told without facing him. "If you're asking me why I never told you, definitely you're having fun with your friends and of course your girls. I am nothing to you right? You ran away."

Minhyuk was shocked with what she said and suddenly felt a pang in his heart.

"You may go now, Minhyuk-ssi" she command. "Thank you for visiting"

"I'm sorry, Moonbyul if I was a jerk" he kneeled behind her back.

"Please leave" she only remarked.

"Byullie, I'm sorry" he apologized.

"But do you think your apology will make my son alive? I mean our son?" she stood and faced him with her tears rushing down to her cheeks. "Where are you that time? Where are you after you played my feelings? After we had that night? You just went away right?!"

"Sorry"

It was the only word that comes out to his mouth.

"Funny how am I easily fooled by your words, I won't let go of you even the world is against to us. I will make you the happiest person. All those greasy lines but eventually became lies" she spoke.

"But I made you happy right?" he asked her.

"Yes, you made me happy but I realized you were not sincere. You made me happy with your lies" she spoke. She wiped her tears away and started to speak again. "You won right? Ha! Students knew me that I am one of the intelligent students but for me, I am the most dumbest person alive"

"I never thought that love can make me suffer even more" she added. "Thank you for ruining my day"

She started to walk but Minhyuk stood and back hugged her. The hug that he truly miss for the last five years.

"Please give me another chance" he desperately begged her.

Moonbyul who has been carrying all her burdens removed his arms away from her. She faced him and slapped him as she can't handle it anymore. Minhyuk was surprised when she did that to him but he understood the reason.

"At least I release all my burdens I've been carrying right?" she bawled. "At least in this simple way, I reciprocate your bad actions"

She slapped him again. Minhyuk's cheek turned red and her hand marked on his.

"To tell you, I spend the rest of my life in disastrous events" she began while looking into his eyes.

 

Flashback

Every girl in the university wanted to be with Minhyuk except this nerd. She is soon to be an engineer and will graduate with a degree named Moon Byulyi.

This lady carries the entire burden in the existing world. Her family doesn't support her in her dreams because her parents want her to become a doctor. Also, domestic violence exists in their home then their business shut down. Another one, she doesn't feel the presence or the love of her family even though that she has a communication with her sisters. She was usually beat up by her father because he was drunk or if she got low grade yet passed or maybe three mistakes in her exams. When she got achievements, her family doesn’t even compliment her. Overall, she doesn't feel everything about her family.

Then, her friends outcasted her because they were jealous on her achievements. All she thought that they can help her but it was opposite. From there, she decided to be alone but still living in a disastrous home until she reached her 5th year in college.

On the other hand, Minhyuk, the rich playboy of Business Department, who plays every girls heart. He usually sleep on his classes then go to the clubs then fight someone. A rich classy gangster. Also, he doesn't care about his family but get jealous who outranked him. That's why he will punish them even though those victims didn't do anything to him.

One day, Minhyuk heard this girl who always tops in the university. He decided to play a game. His gangster squad knew him that he will play Moonbyul's feelings so they were excited about this but his friends, the good ones, disagree with it.

Moonbyul went to the library to study and Minhyuk took the advantage to meet her.

"Hey miss--" Minhyuk words were cut because Moonbyul stood up and went to another spot to study.

"Oh, I will love this game" he thought.

He followed Moonbyul and sat beside her. He took some glances to her before speaking.

"Can you give me some tips on how to have a good study habits?" he asked and the girl finally paid attention to him.

"First of all, you have to be patient. Second, if you feel lazy, fight that laziness. Third one, you should take away all those bad thoughts or stress thoughts or whatsoever so you can study at peace. Lastly, shut up and mind your own business" she explained and back to her usual state.

Minhyuk formed a smirked in his face on how the way this girl spoke up. He thought that this girl is just a common girl in an outcast society.

"What if I can't do those things because of you?" he asked her. But this stone hearted girl doesn't like the tone of his voice. I mean she doesn't like this kind of drama.

"Why can't you? Stop playing around and find someone that you can pester. It could be your friends or girlfriend if you have" she stood up and returned the book to the librarian and went outside.

"I can't lose in this game" he thought and he followed her.

Moonbyul is currently bored and doesn't want to go home because of the usual scenario and at the same time she was worried about her sisters because they always saw the violence especially Yesol.

"Boo!" Moonbyul was startled after Minhyuk surprised her.

"Are you going to kill me with heart attack?" she bawled and rolled her eyes.

"I just want you to be my friend" Minhyuk pouted.

"And why?" she asked again.

"Because I heard that you are a loner." he replied and smiled at her.

"Yes I am a loner but it doesn't mean I don't have one or lonely" she refused and walked away.

Minhyuk took a grip on her wrist that stopped her.

"But your world will be better if you will make friends again?" he spoke while wiggling his eyebrow.

"I don't care" she blurted and tried to release her wrist from Minhyuk's hold.

"Please!" he begged and begged until Moonbyul gave up by saying 'okay fine'

From that oh-so-called friendship, Moonbyul had developed a feeling for Minhyuk but she's concealing it because it may ruin their friendship. As for Minhyuk, it was a still a game for him. 

Few months later, he courted Moonbyul and of course they become official couples which Minhyuk was happy about it. It is not because of love but because he won the game.

After that, Moonbyul's daily life in university was become more uneasy because of Minhyuk's fangirls. Everyday they gonna trashtalked her but Byul was used to it. Also, Minhyuk pretended to be concerned to her and after that drama, he invited her to his place which is the club.

Moonbyul was not comfortable in the place until she saw her friend named Chandong. Also, Chandong saw her so they had conversation which Minhyuk, who was on the floor with another girl, didn't know about it.

Chandong knew almost everything about Byul. Same as Moonbyul.

As the party is soon to be over, the drunk Minhyuk came to her place. He then surprised his girlfriend by punching Chandong.

"Chandong, are you okay?" she asked her friend who was lying on the ground.

"Moonbyul don't talk to that guy" he command and pulled Moonbyul away from Chandong.

"What do you think are you doing?" she queried Minhyuk.

"And you?" he asked her back. "Don't ever flirt or meet guys even though it is your friend except me"

Before she can speak anything, Minhyuk left her.

"I hate the way he talked to me a while ago" she thought and hailed a cab.

The next day, Moonbyul is avoiding Minhyuk but he noticed that. He decided to talked to her and of course they argued. In the end, it was fixed.

Days became shorter and Moonbyul doesn't feel any happiness because of their toxic relationship but Minhyuk always fixed everything that was messed up.

Until the day they graduated, Moonbyul had achievements and as for Minhyuk nothing.

Moonbyul parents did not come but her aunt that left her after the ceremony. Minhyuk invited Moonbyul to celebrate their graduation. All Moonbyul thought it was a good celebration but for Minhyuk is to complete his mission.

To break her heart

One night in a hotel that Minhyuk was living for a while, he invited her to show everything. Even though, it is awkward for Byul, she tried to be happy.

"Your room is good and comfortable" she complimented.

"Moonbyul" he called her and Moonbyul looked into his eyes. "I love you"

She is about to response but Minhyuk kissed her lips passionately. Moonbyul was surprised but later she responded to that kiss. From that passionate kiss, he laid her down until they made love.

The next morning, Moonbyul noticed that her man whom she love was gone besides her with a message.

'I'm sorry because I lied. I lied that I love you. Thank you for the wonderful days'

Moonbyul teared up because she was fooled. She thought that all the love she deserved was from him but she was wrong. She cried the whole morning and blaming herself that if she didn't fell in love from him, probably she won't be end up being hurt.

 

"I never thought that my first kiss will be my last and I never thought also that you were playing my feelings because all I knew was your sincerity. You broke it into pieces and it really freaing hurts" she retorted "I thought I can finally get that love that I can't feel in our home from you but I was wrong. Definitely wrong"

"But I love you" he cried. "I always love you. I really love you"

"Stop lying!" she shouted. "I won't be fooled this time"

"It was true that I love you" he hugged her very tightly.

"Let me go!" she insist and trying to escape from his hug.

"Please give me another chance" he begged.

"Chance? The hell!" she cursed and pushed Minhyuk away from her. "How can I give you another chance when you wasted those chances I gave to you?"

"I'm sorry. I promise that I won't waste it this time" and he cupped her face with his palm.

"No!" she refused. "I'll better leave now"

"Please. I will be good to you" he promised but Byul was tired.

"It is too much already Hyuk. Go and find someone you can play" she remarked. 

"So you think that I didn't change at all?" he muttered.

"I'm sorry" she replied and sat on the ground. "Let's end it here and forget each other. Forget what we had"

"Moonbyul, please let me have another chance. I promise, I won't waste it" Minhyuk begged.

"You don't know how much I suffered because of those!" Moonbyul retorted.

 

Flashback

 

"YOU'RE PREGNANT?!" her mom asked with a hint of anger.

Moonbyul did not reply nor nod. She was packing up her things and she was ready to leave because she knew what will be the consequence when her parents know about her pregnancy.

"You're a disgrace woman! What if your father will know about it?" her mom scolded.

"What should I know?" her dad asked when he enetered her room.

Moonbyul was astonished when she heard her dad's voice. Her face was being covered with her fears.

"I should not look weak and afraid" she said to herself.

"Byulyi!" her father called her. "What should I know? Why are you packing your things?"

"Of course, I will go far away" she replied without any respect.

"She's pregnant!" her mom said.

Moonbyul gazed her mom who avoided her daughter's gaze. Her dad reached his boiling point that he slapped his daughter.

"You're a disgrace! How could you do that? I did not raise you being an immoral child" then he slapped again her daughter that causing her to stumble "Tell me! Where did we go wrong in raising you? WHERE?!"

"Eoni!!" her sisters came to her room after they heard their father stormed out.

Moonbyul remained silent. Tears involuntary fell from her eyes as she saw her sisters who wanted to help her but they can't because of their father. Her cheeks stung as she felt the pain.

"Better leave now or else I can probably kill you. As you leave this house, forget that I am your father. Forget that you have a family." he added and really disowned his daughter.

Moonbyul was hurt from her father's word. She stood up and resumed packing her things.

"Okay then, I will forget everything. Everything that suffocates me here in this home.  The arguments, the violence, the hatreds, traumas and everything. At least I can freely live peacefully together with my child" she agreed. "Good bye, Eomma. Good bye, Appa"

"Eoni don't leave us please" Seulgi pleaded to her sister.

"Eoni, please don't go" Yesol pleaded too.

She finished packing her things and left her room. Her mom was left frozen in her spot while her father watched her walked away in her room. Before she left, she looked to her sisters for the last time giving them an assurance that she will be fine.

She then went to a place which is not familiar to her in Seoul. The place where she met new friends. She tried to look for Minhyuk but failed.

Nine months later, she gave birth to her baby boy but seemed to be unhealthy. From there, she struggled a lot for financial. Seeing her son suffering makes her heart broke into many pieces.

As her son grew up, she still worries about him. So she is more cautious.

"Eomma, there" Yoolreum pointed to the direction where he wanted to go.

Moonbyul smiled at him and take him to the playhouse.

"Be good always and safe" she patted his head very gently.

"I love you, eomma" he hugged her.

"I love you too, Yoolreum-ie" she hugged him back.

The two years old child played inside and of course he was having fun. Moonbyul watches him as he playing and making new friends.

Someone covered her eyes and she knew already who this person is.

"Hey Chandong" she hold his hand and take him away from her.

"Hi Moonbyul" he greeted.

"What are you doing here?" she asked and plastered a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter