Cooking Cooking

Cinderella's Jerks
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Good morning, Chanhee.”

The youngling opened his heavy eyelids slowly to the soothing voice, getting a blurry vision of the stained ceiling. He outstretched his hands out of the duvet, accidentally hitting his brother quite hard on the forearm but the other was dead to the real life. Chanhee stifled a yawn and rubbed his eyes to clear the blurry film on both irises. As the line got clearer, he looked around and adjusted his eyes to the bright light of the room. And soon he met a beautiful face of a man with a sweet smile that pushed his cheekbones upward and formed two crescent moons.

Chanhee was bewitched at the view because in sixteen years of his life, he never met a man as beautiful and soft as this person since his older brother was known for his emotionless expression and his comrades were just slightly better (you have to see Yoo Taeyang swung a baseball bat to a gangster’s head with a very bright smile. And accidentally caused brain concussion to the poor man).

“Morning has come, Chanhee. You have to wake up and begin your day,” said the man softly. Chanhee blinked twice and realized the man was Rowoon, his soon to be in law new family member, even though Juho never really confirmed that. Rowoon was the definition of “beauty” and Chanhee wished he had the authority to revise every dictionary in the world.

“Good morning,” Chanhee never thought saying good morning to Rowoon would be so nerve-wracking. Blame hormones and its roller coaster ride that went rather wildly, leading him to less philosophical behavior. This was one of many reasons Chanhee avoided roller coaster in amusement park. His life was the amusement park itself.

His worry was soon replaced by excitement when Rowoon’s face got brighter. “Uh, Chanhee, I’ve been trying to wake Juho up but he is… this big-” Rowoon spreaded his arms. “I never know that he is a giant.” He giggled.

Chanhee immediately grinned mischievously before removing the duvet from himself and standing up from his spot. Waking up Baek Juho was nothing but utter fun.

“Okay, watch and learn.” Chanhee rummaged his school bag, searching from one pocket to another and much to Rowoon’s surprise, the boy took out a cockroach.

“I-is that….?” Colors drained from his face and soon he began to tremble. Chanhee put his index fingers in front of his lips, signing Rowoon to stay silent while moving toward his brother on the mattress. However, Rowoon had opened his mouth and let a long shrill echoed throughout the small room, startling both Chanhee and amazingly, the sleeping Juho.

The younger was frozen in his place, toy cockroach was in his hand that was extended toward Juho’s sleeping spot which was empty now because the older had jumped from his sleeping position, now was on his feet on the younger’s left oblique.

“What ??? What happened ??? Fire ??? Earthquake ??? Arsenal wins the match ???” He eyed Rowoon’s aghast face across the room, then the hand that held a toy cockroach. Didn’t need three seconds for the older to jump backward and crash himself to the wall, wishing the shadow would swallow him, away from the insect, and also…. screaming oh so manly.

Why are those gangsters bringing baseball bats and notorious sumos all around the world when one thing that matters is a cockroach, Chanhee shook his head and quickly walked out of the room. Seems like I have to stick with them forever.

 

C I N D E R E L L A ‘ S J E R K S

 

Juho decided to watch TV and lazy around since he had nothing to do for the weekend. He already took a hold of the remote control, throwing it to the air and catching it. Chanhee was drinking the banana milk through a straw on his left and also awaiting for good weekend TV shows to relieve stress. Rowoon was on his right, sitting kneel and waiting for Juho to make a move.

The grey haired the TV, showing Chanhee’s favorite variety show which resulting the boy to yelp amidst his drinking progress and inch toward the electronic furniture. Juho leaned back on the wall, gaining interest in the game as well until Rowoon’s back blocking the screen.

“Juho ! The people !!! We have to save them !!! They are trapped in this box, Juho, can you see it ?! This must be a message from the other world ! Did stepmother trap them ?! She is one true evil !” Rowoon knelt in front of the TV and had both hands on the screen as if attempting to jump into it and ‘save the people’. He pivoted to look at Juho, much to the said man’s surprise, with a very concerned look and a little teary eyes. The tall boy looked at the perplexed Chanhee as well, signing for help, but the younger only looked at his brother who exhaled heavily. This was going to be one finest weekend, wasn’t it ?

 

Ever heard of a gangster who swerves into a -unqualified- kindergarten teacher ? Well, if you say no, I’ll make you face the fact that South Korea has one.

“This is a bathroom. You know bathroom, right ?”

“Yes, Juho. But this bathroom is very smaall. Mine is so big with mirrors and a tub and gold ornaments on the wall. Are all people here have the same bathroom as you ?”

“Are you throwing a sarcasm that my house is very small and probably equals to only your bathroom ?” Asked Juho disdainfully. Rowoon shook his head slowly and not commenting anymore.

“But what is the metal appliance hanging on the wall with a circle head and a neck and a long cylindrical passage-”

“That’s a shower. Water flows through that.” Juho rolled his eyes.

“Y-you don’t have to take the water from the-the well ??? How come water comes out from the small passage ??? It’s not even planted on the floor ! They use hocus pocus ?? There’s magic in this world too ???”

“Rowoon, I’m not an engineering graduate and not planning to be one so don’t ask me how the water flows from under the soil up to here. All that matters is it provides water for us to wash and clean ourselves and full stop. That’s the limit of knowledge that you gotta know. Now, let’s move on. This is a shampoo.”

“What is sham-poo ?”

“You use it to clean your hair. If your head feels itchy or greasy, clean it with shampoo.” Juho handed it to Rowoon which made the tall boy starstruck with the interesting package (with black color and unique shape for someone who jumped out straight from the 19th century and around).

“Shampoo is for hair. Fairly well.” Juho took a time to judge Rowoon’s diction before continuing to another part.

“This one is soap. Soap is for your body, to clean it from germs and sticky sensation of sweat.” Rowoon sn

Please log in to read the full chapter