Run (Pt. 2)

Pair of Dice {DISCONTINUED please look @ "About Me" in profile for further info}

The first thing that Junhui saw was his boss standing at the entrance, arms crossed and foot tapping impatiently as they got out of the carriage. Immediately, his boss spoke loudly, "And where were you, Junhwi-ssi?"

"U-Uh-"

"Stop it, father, you're scaring him."

Junhui immediately froze at hearing that, turning to Wonwoo with confusion written all over his face.

"Wonwoo, don't get included with this, it's a boss to worker situation-"

"Except I was the one that caused him to be late. Just be glad that I offered him a ride to get here," so was Wonwoo's quick response, all the midst leaving Junhui confused and not explaining anything for him. There was a tense moment of silence as Junhui awkwardly fidgets in place before his boss (or Wonwoo's father) lets out a sigh, "Aisht if you were still little I would've smacked you for that but just know that I expect you to help Junhwi-ssi in catching up on work."

There was a moment of silence due to Junhui just being dumbfounded by what just happened before Wonwoo spoke up, "Well? Where's your office?" To which Junhui stutters before leading Wonwoo to his office- which wasn't much, just a small room with just the right amount of space for two people, a desk, a chair, and a small lamp.

"Er- there isn't another chair in the room..." Junhui awkwardly notified as he places his paper on his desk.

"I can stand."

"Okay..." Junhui sat down as Wonwoo came over to stand beside him. When Junhui looks back to his papers, he noticed a small maroon stain on the side of his page before realizing that he was still injured so he opened the top drawer of his desk and took out a bandage roll, scissors, and tape for him thanks to the precaution of keeping first-aid items around knowing how clumsy he can be.

"So what are you going to do?" Wonwoo asked after he thanked Junhui for the items and starts to unravel it to wrap around his hand where the gashes were still somewhat fresh as Junhui sets up a typewriter with some paper and ink from the bottom drawer of his desk.

"Well I need to get this article typed up so that my boss- er- or your father-" to which it earned him a chuckle in the midst of his explanation, "decides on which of the five personal news reports to be the main article of this week's newspaper. I need to get this typed up so that if it does become the main article then we can work it into the main page of newspaper this week and send it out to get copied."

"And if it doesn't get chosen?"

Unintentionally, Wonwoo made Junhui falter slightly into anxiety, "It's either in a smaller section or just cut out completely..." but his hair was suddenly ruffled, making Junhui frown as he turns to look at Wonwoo, "I'm not a pet. Stop doing that."

But Wonwoo only chuckled, "Sorry, it just looks like you could use some hair ruffles."

"Well you can't keep messing with my hair, especially if my fiancee lives with me," Junhui huffs indignantly as he turns back to start working on typing up his report.

"Well aren't you fancy."

"It's not like it's rare to have a fiancee, besides, your the son of a company so don't you have one too?" he barely spares a glance as he begins to work.

"Nah I like men."

To which Junhui jolted to an abrupt stop and nearly choked on his own spit. He turns to Wonwoo, who only laughs at what was probably a comical expression of shock on the journalist's face. Wonwoo waves a hand to shoo off that response with an easy smile on his face, "I just don't have a fiancee because I'm not that interested in marrying early, okay? Jeez, no need to have that kind of reaction, plus why would I even say that to someone who's practically a stranger."

"R-Right..." Junhui could only mumble awkwardly.

"What? If I was actually interested in men would you hate me then?" he knew that the latter was smirking.

"No!... I'd just be really surprised..." Junhui murmurs, "Not to mention society would shun you..."

"Aren't you open-minded."

"Believe it or not, you can get shunned for being Chinese in Korea. It happens every once in a while so in a sense... I don't really have a right to judge people who are different, I guess you could say?" which was true because really, the shunned should stick together.

"Hm, interesting. Anyways, since you're typing, do you mind if I continue a draft of a new story I came up with? I'll just sit leaning against your desk."

"Are you sure? That suit does look expensive... also I don't think my boss would appreciate to see his son sitting on the floor..." Junhui grew nervous at the thought of having yet another tense moment with Wonwoo's father.

"Well unless you think we can cram another chair into here then I'd be fine sitting on the floor."

"Fine, but do know that if your father fires me then it's your fault," Junhui sighed.


He slowly opened his eyes to the sight of his office before slowly pushing himself up and stretching his arms and neck for sleeping in such an awkward position before realization struck him. In a panic, he quickly looks around before seeing that he was indeed by himself.

Junhui tried to recall what happened since sleeping on the job is something he rarely does. He remembers how Wonwoo momentarily left the room for the horse carriage and came back with a worn-out journal and a pen before settling down by the desk and leaning his back on it. Every now and then, they spoke up or made a short conversation as they continued to work by themselves without a proper break and eventually he began to feel sleepy.

Honestly, he was surprised that he didn't fall asleep on his typewriter before his gaze returned to his desk and saw that the typewriter was in the corner of his desk and there was a stack of freshly typed up pages of his article. Besides the stack of paper were the tape, scissors, and bandage roll. Junhui checks one last time to see if Wonwoo was going to come back or not so that he could thank him for finishing on typing up his article before deciding on packing up and turning in his work once he confirmed that Wonwoo wasn't going to come back before his eyes settle on something that was scribbled onto the freshly cut bandage roll.

13:00 at Orange Tree Park this Friday
~Wonwoo