X. Fortunes of Love

Deadly Elegance

Author's Note: I am real sorry for not updating in a awhile, I have had alot to deal with in my personal life the last month. But I am now back and writing again. Here you go:)

Solar knew when it started it would break her. She knew that there was too much below deck not to shatter her carefully laid floor when it came up. Breaking was hard, recovery almost impossible, but of her journey she was making the best map she possibly can. What Moonbyul confessed to was hard for her to accept, but in a way feels almost like relief. The pain Solar felt left invisible scars, yet they can be traced by the most gentle of touch. Sometimes, like a cyst, the "wound" must be opened to be healed; other times a well meaning person may seek to heal what should be left alone. If it can be ignored and a normal happy life resumed, isn't it kinder to have faith in the natural healing process? She had never been a person to hold a grudge, instead seeking to understand the motives of another. It doesn't mean there is no scar, only that she needs have no forgiveness. For one to forgive they must first resent, or at least that is to her understanding. Perhaps that's why she healed so well, she wasn't sure. But either way, she finally believed she forgave Moonbyul. Nobody wants to hurt, yet if her pains can be used to help others, she didn't know how Moonbyul felt the entire time they were together. Perhaps her scars are a road-map, maybe she'd be lost without them. Moonbyul had been quiet ever since the gas station, she had too much on her mind. Gazing straight ahead, only half-aware of a world outside the claustrophobic comfort of the car, gently  the wheel, the almost soundless changing of the gears, the pattern of traffic lights in the stormy weather. Raining skies, hissing tires on blackened streets and leaves that droop on the bowed branches. Rain beads the broken paintwork of the cars and bounces from every hard surface. The sound comes from every direction except down and the storm drains bubble with the run-off. They finally made it to where Moonbyul needed to be. Solar gazed unto the abandoned looking building. It was a complete mess, to put it nicely. From outside the boarded windows, the shabby wood paneling and the pealing door that was bolted with iron rods, all looked scary and threatening enough to keep the limited number of villagers away. However behind the scary exterior the innards where equally destroyed, if not worse off. Moonbyul got out of the car and made her way to the trunk to grab their bags. Solar got out herself, rain getting all over her clothes and running through her hair. As if by magic the rain stopped around and she looked behind her to see Moonbyul holding up an umbrella for her. 

"Lets go inside."~Moonbyul said tenderly. Solar stared into her eyes and saw her delecite features. Moonbyul's eyes are so different in moments like these, more soft than Solar knew eyes could be. The professional woman is gone and instead it is the eyes of one who loves deeply. If it were anyone else she would drop her gaze, but with Moonbyul, she is drawn in closer, always wanting more. Then Solar says the words Moonbyul needed to hear, 

"We're ok, you and me. Okay?"~Solar nervously stammers out.

Moonbyul just nods, taking in every moment for her memory, knowing it is the medication she needs to survive the next few days. In all the world there isn't another like Solar, or Moonbyul for that matter; they are two souls who feel like once upon another reality they were soul mates, eternal flames. Solar leaned in close to Moonbyul and kissed her, making her drop the umbrella. There is something so heavenly about a kiss in the rain, a tender moment that just won't wait. It is that burst of love that is expressed, not caring if the water soaks through to chill the skin. It is a connection that shows the strength of the feeling, the mutual need. It is a rebellion against the elements. Nature can bring the rain but our inner sunshine comes through just the same. The rain runs down their faces to where their lips meet, each of them tasting the cold drops. Instead of detracting from the intensity of the moment it brings the two of them to new heights. Moonbyul pushes her lips in more firmly and the wave that runs through Solar is intoxicating, making her head swim as she pulls back to take in her beautiful face. She tugs Moonbyul in closer for seconds. She kissed the droplets from her lips, and Solar felt her lips smile against her's. Moonbyul swept Solar's hair aside and kissed her just over the collarbone. She nibbled at her ear, and then sank herselfself into her arms. Solar hung her fingers on Moonbyul's waistband, dragging her in closer. She buried her face in the curve of Solar's shoulder, Moonbyul's hands flexing around her back. Solar gave a reduced groan. “I love you,” into Moonbyul's hair. The happiest moment that actually ever happened to Moonbyul. The girls parted from each other and continued into the building. There were no doors separating the rooms on the ground floor yet they could be found a few feet into each room often with large chunks torn out of them, large scratch marks creating cross hatched patterns and occasionally there was still paint left clinging to the worn wood. Surprisingly most of the furniture had survived with minimal damage, only a few scratches and chips to their name. There was only one rickety staircase leading to the first floor, again the same long scratch marks could be seen all the way us the wall opposite the worn, beaten banister. The first floor was in a considerably better state than the ground floor with all doors still in their rightful places, however the paint clinging to them, once colourful, now many shades of yellow. A thick layer of dust settled on every thing in sight giving the place an atmosphere of being untouched for many years, unlike downstairs where the dust hung in the air clearly disturbed at a regular occurrence. Moonbyul then made her way over to one of the side walls and kicked it down revealing a small tunnel. As they made their way throught the tunnel Solar seemed to constantly be in awe at everything she saw. They made their way to a door with a keypad and Moonbyul entered in a series of numbers which unlocked the door. On the other side of the door was astonishing. It was a huge chamber, the walls - half lined wood, half polished steel - lined with computer equipment, electronic meters, machines that blinked and flickered with a life of their own. And sitting at one of the computers was a blonde woman in a sunhat. She looked over her monitor and smiled. 

"Now What Are You Doing Here Moony?"~LE said in a bubbly tone.