Flowers Buds and Budding Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

After their first meeting, the pair began to meet up in the mornings and take walks together. The first day was full of Chanyeol rambling as he pointed out small details, giving Baekhyun insight into all the small things he found beautiful along the path. The sunshine glimmered down on them as the shorter boy took in the sight of the young man beside him, watching his face brighten in excitement when recalling something oh so remarkable he just had to make sure his friend knew.

 

Upon making a round through the long winding path, Baekhyun was breathless. He looked over at his friend who just put a hand around his shoulders, as if he was leading him home. Chanyeol kept his comments minimal as the smaller boy watched his face, swearing he could see a tinge of red come across the taller’s cheeks. This made Baekhyun laugh as they approached his small cottage.

 

“If you’re not busy, you can come inside.” he offered, to which Chanyeol’s arm went slack and dropped from round his shoulders to completely off his person.

 

“Ahh, yeah. I don’t want to intrude or anything…” he lingered, rubbing the back of his head, messing up the ends of his long hair.

 

Baekhyun suppressed a grin. “Yeah, sure man. It’s all good. I’ll see you later?” he asked, noticing the look of shock across the other’s face as the boy was shook with confusion.

 

“Uh, alright. I’ll just-” Chanyeol said, looking over at the path from which he came “I’ll go this way then.” he pointed, eyes still locked with Baek’s.

 

“Bye,” the young man said with a wave, now standing on the top step beside his side door.

 

The other just forced a goofy smile as he waved back, taking small steps in the opposite way to go home.



 

A pattern like this formed over the next few weeks. Every morning Chanyeol would come to Baekhyun’s and they’d walk and talk together in the woods. Sometimes the lanky boy would grow shy at the end, feeling awkward with how much he spoke it their time together. Once they spent a bit more time together, Baekhyun was able to start having the younger over for lunch on occasion. Afterwards they really would have personal business to attend to. Slowly, as they got to know each other and grow comfortable, the goodbyes became longer and started to create a pinch of heartbreak each time they separated.


 

On the weekends Baekhyun would drive into town, his photography going better than planned. His clients claimed it had a fresh feeling, like a soft aura that made it all the more cherishable. The young man couldn’t really tell much of a difference in the quality, but if the feedback was so great, it made even more ecstatic to work harder to deserve the praise.

 

Being the prince of a calm community meant Chanyeol didn’t have too many responsibilities. With his natural friendly disposition, anything he did have to do went well and left the other party with a confidence that the young man would do no harm, he being far too kind to have even a mean bone in his body. However, with his family knowing about his little lover, they were becoming a more curious as to when they’d get to meet the special person.

 

“Didn’t he receive my invitation? He should have responded by now, right?” the older sister asked once evening at dinnertime. The younger just looked at her and shrugged.

 

“It’s not that big a deal.” Chanyeol quickly defended. He lowkey never wanted his parent’s to meet his friend. He had already told them his feelings, but was still unsure of how Baekhyun actually felt. Everyday with him was mystical, something that the young man adored. But the other just seemed to com

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter