A Fresh New Start

PIT-A-PAT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I had just finished high school last four months and was waiting for my results to come out. A few days right after I received them, my parents told me to apply myself into a few universities. I didn't always top first place in class nor was I a gifted genius like some of my friends. 

Truthfully, I was not fond of what I was learning back then. I despised and hated the subjects especially Additional Maths and the rest of the Science subjects I took. Basically, everything involving calculation and memorizing all those weird scientific stuff. But, like it or not I had to go through it all just like any other normal high school student did. 

"Son Chaeyoung."

I heard the principal call my name.

As I went up the stage for (probably) the last time, I half expected what I was going to get.

It didn't surprise me when I saw my results. Fortunately, I didn't fail and I was already thankful for that. Yes, there were a few B's and a C but I was definitely not the worst one in school. I did felt a bit devastated and sad but I didn't cry though.

- - - - -

Eventually, my prayers paid off as I did get myself enrolled in one of the unversities I applied. I realized being a student there was challenging and hard. It definitely wasn't like high school, no.

Everything was fresh and new to me. Tasks and paper work were given in one go and you had to finish them all in just a week's time. Presentations, speeches and groupwork were done more often here.

None of my colleagues would've known, but I was kind of an introvert and didn't really like talking in public before this. But, I soon got to overcome my weakness bit by bit. At least I wasn't learning numbers and disgusting science stuff anymore.

When I was in primary school, my teachers used to tell me that I had very neat handwriting. I also got praised a lot for my phenomenal and unique drawings during art class. Other than that, I enjoyed doodling and making cards from scratch for my family and friends during special occasions. So, I guess that was the sole reason why I decided to major in Arts & Design, where I could be pleased with what I was doing. 

"So this is what being in a lecture hall feels like."

"So this is what it's like to drive on your own at any time without your parents knowing."

"So this is wha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter