~3~

The Bully
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kandace awoke with a start and immediately groaned. "Ughhhh..." Her head felt like someone was taking a jackhammer to it. She brought her hand up and cupped her forehead.

"Gahhhh..." This was the worst headache she ever remembered having. She wracked her brain for what might have happened. She recalled sitting on the bench by the bus stop and then seeing her bus arriving. She'd stood and started to walk to the street-

Wait! Someone had grabbed her!  Covered her eyes and stuffed some awful-tasting rag in .....and had those been handcuffs...?  She now noticed the soreness of her wrists. So, that was probably affirmative on the handcuffs.

So where was she?  She tried to look around, but wherever she was, was very dark. She thought she could make out walls about five feet away on all sides of the chair she was occupying.

She went to stand and nearly fell flat on her face. She caught her balance and sat back down. Something was around her ankles keeping her from escaping. She felt around her feet and felt cold metal. 

Chains. She was chained to a chair!

That freaked her out almost more than the fact she'd been kidnapped. She felt for her phone, but gave up after realizing she no longer had it.

She had no idea where she was, but she wasn't going to just sit here and wait for her captors to come back!

She leaned down and tried to figure out how the chains were attached. Whoever had locked her up had done a good job. The chains were wrapped around her feet and ankles multiple times, back and forth between both feet. She found one end of the chain and pulling on it, discovered that it was attached to something, most likely the wall. The chains around her ankles were tight. No matter how much she wiggled her feet they didn't budge. She was stuck.

Her heartbeat quickened and she broke out in a cold sweat. She was a prisoner and no one knew where she was.

Her thoughts raced around in her brain and soon she started to feel dizzy, due to her pounding head. 

The combined rhythm of her heart and head got louder and faster until finally she lost consciousness and sank into darkness.

~~~~~~~~

"So the sleeping mouse finally awakes."

The drawling, low voice was the first thing she heard and she jerked upright when she recognized

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter