Chapter 2

Life After Life

She isn't just your average girl. She has been through a lot and most of the time she wonders how she was able to survive with all the heartache and pains that she has gone through.

Few days have passed, Jiho is getting so much better even though she's somewhat not hoping for that. Jungkook is still doing his daily rounds and that includes checking Jiho. 

"Good morning, Jiho!", Jungkook greeted as he opens the door but she was too busy fiinding something on the bed, on the cabinet and on the floor. "Hey, are you okay? Are you looking for something?", he asked once again because she was to focus on searching. He then moved closer to her and ligthly dragged her back to the bed. "What are you looking for? Let me know, so I can do that."

"Ah, Jungkook! You're there. Do you have any idea if I brought my phone here or someone brought it for me? I need to call someone, I need to pay for my hospital bills." Jiho asked while sratching the back of her head. He shook his head as his answer but he just offered to check it on the Billing section downstairs if someone's going to take care of the payment. "I'll go with you!", she demanded and he agreed and just took the IV stand with them. When they were halfway to their destination, she almost lost her balance and kept touching her head. "I'm...I'm feeling dizzy. Can we just sit here for a while?", she requested but Jungkook being the nurse refused her request. He escorted her back to her hospital room and told her that he'll just check it by himself. 

After 30 minutes, Jungkook came back with a few billing papers and handed it to her. "I'm being called, I'll go back here if I could. You take a rest.", Jungkook ran right away since the nurse station has been calling him. Her eyes widened when she saw the hospital bill and let out a big sigh. Tears were about to come out from here eyes not until she saw the last page.

"Auto-deduct from Mrs. Styles's Account"

She then stood out from the bed and tried to find Jungkook. Luckily, he was just standing on the nurse station arranging something. "Uh excuse me, can I borrow your phone? I really needed to call someone. Please." With a puzzled face, he still handed his phone to Jiho and she walked a few steps away from him.

"Mrs. Styles? This is Jiho. Can we talk?"

"Jiho? Hey, you okay already? Where are you?"

"I'm still in the hospital. I saw the bill and it was still credited under your name. This might be wrong, I'm really not sure."

"No, we've talked about this right? I personally called the hospital so they can deduct the bills under my name. C'mon, Jiho. I got you. You don't need to worry about that."

She closed her eyes bit her lips before answering back, "Yes, yes. Thank you. I'll be there soon so I can repay." She ended the call and went back to Jungkook for the phone. He asked if she's okay but she just ignored it and went back to her hospital room. Just in time when she returned, the doctor paid a visit along with Jungkook and another nurse. The doctor examined her eyes, blood pressure and read the results of her tests to her. A smile was formed from the doctor's lips as he announced that she can go home tomorrow. "We cannot fully say that you are cleared but atleast you are way more healthy and just needs maintenance. I'll go back tomorrow before you leave, okay?"

Her ears feel like clapping when the three went out. That's the first time that she felt so relieved after a long time. She closed her eyes and thanked the heavens as she laid down on the bed. But then another knocked on the door was hear and this time it was only Jungkook. She sat on the bed trying her best to hide her smile but failed when she saw him smiling so wide. "Finally, you'll be released by tomorrow! One patient down!", Jungkook laughed and she chuckled. Jiho thanked him for spending some of his time talking to her when she needs someone. He waved his hand and said that it's just nothing and he's glad to know that she's getting better. Jungkook really wanted to ask who's Mrs. Styles but he knew that he wasn't in the position to so he didn't even open up about it. "So tomorrow, I'll be here when you get out to check for some things, huh. Wait for me and don't get excited because you need to see the doctor first.", he advised and she keeps on nodding and nodding. She decided to sleep already beause she cannot wait for tomorrow anymore. She even knew what she'll do first once she gets out of the hospital.

The next day, Jungkook came to Jiho's room with the doctor. The doctor examined her again, gave out check-up schedules and prescription letters that she needed for maintenance. After a few hourse, Jungkook came back and said that she can now go home since everything is cleared already on the Billing Section. She cannot thank him enough for being so helpful with her hospital stay. Feeling kinda unusual because not all nurses do that kind of thing. She just let it all off and ready herself. Jungkook was with her to her on her way out of the hospital. Jiho bid goodbye already when they arrived at the hospital lobby.

"Jungkook, thank you for helping me!", she said with a sweet smile. He nodded his head while smiling and watched her walked away. He was about to head back to the nurse station when he suddenly thought of walking her up to the taxi stand. He ran back as fast as he could so he could still catch her. "Jiho!, he called and she turned back and shocked to see him again. "I'll walk you up until the Taxi stand.", he said as he pursed his lips and his dimples keep on showing up. Jiho agreed and they walked together. When they reached the Taxi stand, they both bid goodbye. Once again, Jiho cannot thank him enough for talking to her when she needs someone. 

"I hope I can see you again.', Jungkook shysly said as he closed the door of the cab.