CH 1

To be or not to be straight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 *Thanks for your support. Here you have a short update. Remember it´s written in Siwon´s POV. Enjoy!* 

 

CHAPTER 01

 

Our eyes meet at exactly the same instant, mine while I am just looking up from my phone, his while apparently searching for an empty seat on the bus. The contact jolts me for some strange reason, and I have a harder than usual time looking away. I try to focus on the streets outside, but everything is a sweaty blur. I don’t know how, but somehow I know he is going to sit next to me, even though the bus is probably only half full. I am just sure of it, unexplainably. Sure enough, he does.

My seat is knocked a bit as he plops down. I feel that electric jolt again, then I shake my head and try to reorient myself: I’m sitting on the bus, next to a guy. Nothing is abnormal about this.

On second thought, though, he’s not just any guy…he is a beautiful guy. I can admit that. He’s a very beautiful guy who is looking right at me…and for some reason there seems to be in his eyes. But why?

“Hi” - he says, a smile in his voice. He smells bright and clean and new. But why am I even noticing his smell?

“Hi” - I can’t tell if he’s nervous or just animated. Maybe he just wants a friend?

“Nice t-shirt. Is that a banana?” - he asks.

“Huh?”

He points down, and I catch myself and smile.

, my t-shirt!

“Ah, oh…yes, it’s a banana. My friend works for a fruit company, The Fresh Fruit, and he gives me free t-shirts sometimes.”

“Oh…that´s cool…I like bananas.”

My eyes grow. I can’t believe he just said that. He’s flirting with every syllable, and once again his eyes do that thing where they seem to have with me from afar.

I inhale. I don’t know what to say. Right now I don’t even know how to talk. Nothing like this has ever happened to me before. Doesn’t he know what he’s dealing with?

As for the reason I can’t look away…it’s not just the long and delicate fingers, his skinny but toned arms, his milky skin, his brown doe eyes, or his floppy brown hair long at the ends. There’s also something sort of…feminine or delicate about him. He’s not someone I would ever usually talk to, but…but. There is a but, and I don’t know what that but is.

“Everything good? - he laughs, his voice deep and easy and flirty all at the same time - You seem a bit…nervous?”

I gulp.

“Yeah - I finally tell him - Oh. Yeah. I’m Siwon, by the way. Hi.”

Why did I just tell my name to this stranger?

“Hello there, Siwon. I’m Kyuhyun.”

“Just Kyuhyun?”

Why do I want to know his last name? What is happening?

“Cho Kyuhyun.”

“Hello, Cho Kyuhyun.”

And there it is again…his eyes, that beautiful brown. Most brown eyes are deep, almost dark, but his are bright and enigmatic like I can drown on them. They do things to me that haven’t been done to me since…well, ever. Not by someone like him, at least.

“So…do you live around here?” - he asks. I swallow.

“Yeah, but my apartment is being renovated, so I’ve been staying at my parents’ place.”

He rolls his eyes, and I’m relieved. I’ve found something safe we can both talk about, something not involving bananas or his eyes, something that won’t make me sit here and dissolve into a puddle of nerves. Kyuhyun launches into a story about how he experienced an apartment renovation of one of his friends and all the funny details about it, and soon I find that he is open and funny and friendly. These are all things I would like to be more of… things I admire in people. Usually I just sit and respond to questions, I never ask them.

Until now.

“So, are you from here originally?” - I ask him in a whisper.

“Yeah, but I went to Seoul Art Academy. You strike me like a Seoul Christian Prep kid, though…am I right?”

“How’d you know?”

“Just a hunch.”

I pause, glance down at my jeans, and realize it’s probably not that hard to figure out I came from the straightest school in the city.

“Well, it was a good hunch. Where are you headed now?”

“Singing lessons - he responds - You?”

I’m not surprised. There’s something a bit…showy, maybe a bit delicate about him. It makes sense that he’d be a performer. His voice is nice. And the corners of his eyes are remarkably dark – is that eyeliner?

“Just home - I say - Nothing exciting.”

For some reason he blushes and glances away.

“What’s wrong?”

“I’m still excited” - he says.

“Oh…”

“Sorry - he smiles - I’m just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter