SEVEN

SILHOUETTE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The doorbell woke him up the next morning. Chanyeol opened his eyes and saw the floor instead of the ceiling. He must have been asleep on the floor whole night. No one even bothered to haul him onto his bed, or couldn’t.

The doorbell rang for the second time. There was a tinge of hope in Chanyeol’s heart. He must have woken up from his nightmare. When he go downstairs and open the door, he knew he would see his best friend.

He tried hard to get his numbed arms and legs moving again. As quickly as possible, he struggled to get up on his two legs. He grabbed the railings of the stairs when he heard his mother had already opened the door.

“Chanyeol, your friend is here to see you!” she called from downstairs.

Chanyeol’s heart lit up and he quickly descended the stairs. He pictured him standing at the base of the stairs, waiting for him with open arms. And he would run straight into them. But when he arrived at the bottom of the stairs, his heart sank. It was nothing he had ever imagined.

“Hey, Chanyeol.”

It was Kyungsoo.

“How are you feeling? You alright?” he asked in concern. But Chanyeol was in no mood to speak with him. He remained silent while giving him a curt nod.

“Come with me today,” Kyungsoo extended his hand, “I have something to show you.”

Hesitantly, Chanyeol let Kyungsoo grab his hand. Dragging his tired legs, he followed Kyungsoo out of the door and into the sunlight.

“Have fun.” He faintly heard his mother said before the front door was shut.

“Such a nice weather today, isn’t it?” Kyungsoo asked, smiling up at Chanyeol. But Chanyeol only shielded his eyes from the brightness of the sun.

“We’ll stop by the flower shop before going to our destination,” Kyungsoo said as he led Chanyeol across the street.

Chanyeol could smell the fragrance of all kinds of flowers even before they arrived at the flower shop. People were walking in and out of the shop. It must have been a busy day at the shop.

“Oh, hi there! Can I help you with something?” a friendly girl greeted them when they entered.

“Thanks, but we’ll just have a look around first,” Kyungsoo smiled warmly back.

The wonderful fragrance seemed to give Chanyeol a little more life. His cheeks became pink and his eyes beamed. His curious pupils darted around, looking at each and every one of the flowers. Occasionally, he would lean towards them and take a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter