ONE

SILHOUETTE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chanyeol splashed cold water on his face as soon as he woke up. He couldn’t even keep his eyes open. And it’s nearly time for class. He wiped his face with a towel as he stepped out of the bathroom. He looked around and couldn’t find Baekhyun anywhere. He swore he was here with him just last night.

Maybe it was just a dream, maybe it was all in my head, Chanyeol thought to himself. Anyway, there was no time to be dwelling on that. Chanyeol grabbed his backpack and ran down the stairs for breakfast. He stuffed a sandwich into his mouth, gulped down a glass of milk and ran out of the door.

He arrived at the school with beads of sweat rolling down his forehead. Luckily, he made it just in time as the teacher was taking their attendance.

“Byun Baekhyun,” the teacher called. But there was no response from the class. Chanyeol spun around in his seat as he looked over to Baekhyun’s seat. It was empty. He remembered clearly that Baekhyun wasn’t someone who would be late for school.

“Byun Baekhyun,” the teacher called again without looking up from the name list. The other students started murmuring among themselves. The noise eventually grew louder.

“SILENCE!” the teacher growled, slamming the name list down on the desk. Only then she noticed the empty seat that Baekhyun was supposed to be in. She cleared and moved on to another name.

The murmurs still continue. But it had become a lot softer than before. Chanyeol couldn’t hear what they were whispering. In fact, he didn’t want to pay attention to what they were saying. His mind was drifting away, thinking of all the possibilities of why Baekhyun wasn’t in class.

After taking the attendance, the teacher started the class. Chanyeol never liked her high pitch voice. That day, it only made him more frustrated and irritated. His headache couldn’t take in any more mathematics. He buried his face in his palm most of the time while trying not to make it too obvious that he wasn’t paying attention to her class.

It has been a month. One month that Baekhyun was missing from class. And Chanyeol seemed to be the only one who thought that it was a long time. He had said that he had gone to a vacation with his family. But that was only in his dream. Or was it?

It took too long for the bell to ring. Chanyeol groaned lazily as he started to put his books into his backpack. Suddenly, he heard the unmistakable sounds of heels clip-clopping towards his desk. Pausing from what he was doing, he looked up and found his teacher staring wide-eyed at him from behind her glasses.

“Mr Park,” she said sternly, “You have just earned yourself a detention for sleeping in class.”

With that, she turned and walked away with her head held high. Chanyeol slumped onto his desk, feeling miserable than ever. This day just gets better and better, he thought sarcastically.

He pushed all his books into his bag before slinging it onto his shoulder. He followed the teacher into the detention room. The room was already occupied with more than a few students. A small group was already fighting each other at the back of the room. Chanyeol lowered his head and tried not to get more attention than he already did with his tall height.

He peacefully found a seat near the front of the class and sat down quietly. The math teacher had ordered him to hand in that day’s homework after the detention instead of doing it at home. So Chanyeol set off to work right after the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter