FIVE

SILHOUETTE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

He kicked a tiny pebble that was in his way with his feet. It rolled away for a short distance before stopping again. Chanyeol had both his hands shoved in his pockets as he and Kyungsoo walked along the road that led to his house.

“Did they…ever bother you anymore?” Chanyeol broke the silence.

“Jongin and Sehun?” Kyungsoo looked up at him and shook his head.

“No. I heard the headmaster has something in store for them. Says he has a special punishment for them. Maybe they’re just having extra detention or helping to clean the school compound or something, I don’t know,” he continued, “But the truth is, I’m still scared.”

“Scared of them.”

“Oh, Kyungsoo, you don’t have to be,” Chanyeol said, patting Kyungsoo on the shoulder.

“The headmaster is going to take good care of you. Plus, I’m always around too,” he smiled warmly.

“What if one day they decided to find me privately? What if one day, they decided to burn down my house instead?” Kyungsoo asked worriedly.

“Come on, I don’t think they’ll go to that extend, right?”

“Maybe…,” Kyungsoo bit his lower lip, “But still…”

“Oh hey, we’ve arrived,” Chanyeol announced as he bounced towards the porch and opened the door for Kyungsoo.

“Come on, let’s settle this upstairs.”

“Cola?” Chanyeol asked as he handed Kyungsoo one.

“Thanks,” Kyungsoo said as he took a sip of the carbonated drink.

Chanyeol bounced onto his bed while dangling his legs at the edge of it, “So, what’s all this about?”

“Chanyeol…,” Kyungsoo let out a deep sigh, “I don’t really know how to tell you this, but…”

“Baekhyun, he’s…he’s not around anymore.”

Confusion was written all over Chanyeol’s face, “Not around? What do you mean not around anymore?”

“He’s been visiting me every day,” Chanyeol said, “Okay, maybe not today, but he’s here every other day, I swear.”

“And last week, you introduced me to him, didn’t you?” Kyungsoo confirmed.

“Yes! You saw him yourself, right?”

“Chanyeol, I didn’t,” Kyungsoo said, “I mean, I knew who he was. But that day, I didn’t…couldn’t see him.”

“Do you…do you mean to say that I can see Baekhyun’s ghost?”

“We don’t know that,” Kyungsoo’s eyebrows furrowed, “But I do know you see things other people don’t.”

“But what happened to Baekhyun? Where is he?”

“Haven’t you heard?” Kyungsoo’s eyes were full of concern.

“When he was on vacation last month, the plane he was on disappeared before it even reached the destination. People suspect that it crashed but the pieces and bodies were nowhere to be found.”

“How could you not have heard of this?”

“I…I don’t know…,” Ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter