Four

Chubby Girls can't Date Idols

The next month flew by. You were so busy with promotions for the North American tour. You were EXO’s connection to the international fans. You haven’t told your mom you would be home. You wanted to surprise your parents and best friend. The day before leaving crept up on you so fast. Minseok hadn’t brought up his “confession” so you didn’t either. As you were packing you called your best friend. “So how’s Korea?!” You sigh. “It’s great. I still get a lot of for being fat but honestly, I’m doing what I love.” She laughs. “So any boys yet?” This makes you laugh. “Not really.” You make sure to keep that you’ll be there soon a secret. That night some of the boys come over for their English lesson. You make dinner, go through the lesson, and just have fun with them. As you were helping Baekhyun understand the difference between Father and Daddy in the American culture, your phone rings. You don’t recognize the number so you answer in Korean. “Oh my god!! Your mom just told me that you’re working with EXO! I’m such a big fan.” You sighed and switched to English. “Hi Sarah. How are you?” She starts blabbering about how she can’t believe you work for EXO and how she’s their biggest fan. You roll your eyes. Once off the phone Baekhyun is intrigued. “Who was that, noona?” You sigh again. “This girl I went to high school with. She made fun of me for being into the Korean culture but is now EXOs biggest fan and knows I’ll introduce her.” He starts laughing. “No thanks! She sounds terrible.” You laugh at him. "She is the literal worst.”

 

The next morning was the flight to New York.  You would be working with a couple US fan sites that SM hand picked. They’ll be helping you with Social Media for the concert in their city. Which helps a ton, because they have already started promoting. You just need to meet up with them and touch bases. The flight to New York was interesting, to say the least. Sehun called dibs on sitting with you. It didn’t seem like a huge deal until you were trying to sleep and had to hear him whine about you rubbing his head so he could sleep. You whispered “I’m going to murder you.” to yourself. Well, you thought it was silent until you heard Kyungsoo giggling. Once you landed, you took off. Sehun had driven you crazy and you needed coffee. It was 11am and you had to meet Amber at 1pm to help with her show. You texted the boys and went on your way. After a stop at your hotel, you made your way down to the cafe. You saw a small group of SM trainees who had been brought along for the music video that EXO would be filming before leaving to Los Angeles. You smiled at them as you walked into the cafe, thinking they knew who you were. Then you heard the comment. “Ugh, does she actually think she looks good? Her is the size of mars.” Followed by laughing. You were tired and needed coffee so you couldn’t be blamed for the words that left your mouth. “Are you kidding me? First of all, as a trainee you should know not to badmouth your superiors. Secondly, off. Your looks are already fading, you’ve been a trainee, for what? 5 years? you really think they’re going debut you with a mouth like that?” The girl stood there with open as the other girls apologized. Before you walked away you threw one last insult in. “Also, I wouldn’t unpack. You’ll be going home later today.” You didn’t actually plan on telling on her, you just wanted her to squirm. After you ordered your drink, you left to see Amber. You spent the day exploring New York and filming for her show. You told her about the trainee and she lost it. “Some of those girls have never been talked to that way.”  At the end of the day, she asked about Minseok. You told her everything and she laughed. “For being the oldest member of EXO, he sure seems scared of his feelings.”

The next 2 days before the concert was spent with the fan site owner spreading the word of the show and the contest put on by SM. The day of the concert came and you were in awe. You hadn’t seen them perform live yet and you were beyond excited. You couldn’t keep your eyes off of Minseok and he knew it. By the end of the show you were done with him. He had been teasing you all night. You met up with them to film a quick thank you video and then you bailed to your room. The next morning you were flying to LA for the next show. Once you got to your room and relaxed, your phone started ringing. Still in work mode, you answered in Korean. You wanted to hang up as soon as you heard her voice. “Oh my god. I finally scored EXO tickets!! Can you set up a meet and greet?” Once off the phone you thought about it. Sarah’s family was really close to yours and you know you wouldn’t hear the end of it. The next morning you got up for your flight. You made sure to call dibs on Baekhyun before Sehun could sit with you. He was sad but you were very content. You talked to Baek about Sarah and he laughed. “Executive Decision! We refuse to meet her.” You laughed and high five him. This time you didn’t have much time before the concert. It was that night but the boys had the day after off to explore and relax. As soon as you landed you met up with the Fan site owner and set everything up. Once everything was done you were able to relax and watch the show. What you didn’t realize is that Minseok had upped his teasing. Again, you couldn’t keep your eyes off of him.Once the show was over, you found the fan site owner and started to take her backstage to meet the boys and make the Thank You video. But before you can get away you hear your name and cringe. Sarah runs up and hugs you. She decides to tag along and won’t take no for an answer. When you get back stage you tell Baekhyun in Korean who the person is. He starts laughing. Sarah was the only person who didn’t speak Korean but that didn’t stop her from hitting on Minseok. The minute you heard her say anything to him you cringed so hard. The fan site owner, Anna saw it and laughed. “Oh my god. Xiumin-Oppa, you’re my bias. I totally sarang you.” Anna was dying and you wanted to die. Baekhyun starts calling her a koreaboo and everyone laughed. Sarah finally left and you apologized profusely while Baek told everyone the whole story. Everyone starts to leave and as you’re leaving someone grabs your arm. You’re spun around and are face to face with Minseok. You can feel your heart beating insanely fast and don’t know what to say. Before you can say anything he kisses you. Which you melt into faster than you would like to admit. Just as fast as it happened, it ended. He smiled and walked away. You stood there stunned.

Later that night, you made your way to your parent’s house. You knocked and as soon as your dad opened the door, he was pulling you inside. “What are you doing here?!” His yelling caused your mom to run out. You explained everything and your dad insisted on throwing a party the next day. You called Junmyeon to ask and he said they would all be there. You were even more nervous. You kept questioning the kiss and just didn’t know what to do. So you forced yourself to sleep. When you woke up, you had texts from Sehun, Chanyeol, and Sarah. You wanted to scream when you read that Sarah would be at the party. You decided to get up and surprise your best friend, Aria at work. You walked in to the coffee shop and as soon as she saw you, she was screaming. You stayed for a bit and caught up. Telling her about the party and Sarah. After her lunch was over you went home to get ready. At 4, everyone started showing up. Everyone was hugging and congratulating you. Your phone started ringing. It was Sehun. They were outside and needed you. You ran out and told them to relax. You would translate as much as you could. You brought them in and introduced them to your parents and your best friend. Aria was in awe. She was never into kpop but was stunned at how good looking they were. Before you could respond to her, you heard Sarah screaming. She instantly attached herself to Minseok. Who was visibly upset.

A few drinks later and you were chattier than normal. Sarah was still bothering Minseok, who was trying to talk to the others. You had enough. You walked over and pushed Sarah aside. Ignoring her yelling, you pulled Minseok into the house. You were happy you didn’t miss the smirk on Aria’s face. You pushed him into the living room and he looked surprised. Just as he was about to speak, you pulled him by his shirt to your lips and kissed him. He started kissing back and you heard screaming. Sarah had rushed in. “What the are you doing?’ you rolled your eyes at her and kissed him again. This time he wrapped his arms around your waist. When you pulled away, you smiled. “Just kissing this hot dude.” She starts screaming again and Sehun runs in. He grabs Minseok who is laughing so hard he about fell over and pulls him out. “What’s your problem? You could see that we were getting along.” you laugh. “My problem? you’re my problem. Stop acting like we’re best friends. I hate you. and leave Minseok alone.“ its her turn to laugh. “Who is Minseok? Are you just jealous Xiumin was hitting on me? Is that why you forced yourself on him?” You could feel the anger bubbling in you the more she talked. “He obviously doesn’t like you. Idols don’t date fat girls. Especially fat girls that work for them.” Following the anger was your self doubt. What if she was right? What if this was all a joke to him. She got closer and followed her words with shoves to your chest. “Fat girl can’t date idols.” Before you could defend yourself you hear a voice. “Says who?” You both turn and see Minseok walking in. He looks at Sarah and in his best English what he says has both of you gasping. “You’re right. I don’t like her. I love her.”