One

Chubby Girls can't Date Idols

New Series.

Minseok x Reader. Appearances by OT9 & Other SM Artists.

TW: Fat Shaming.

Word Count: 2K

 

“You’re moving where?!” your mother yelled. You rolled your eyes repeating yourself again. “I’m moving to South Korea. I got a job at a really good company. Did you think this wouldn’t happen? I minored in the Korean language, Mom.” Before your mom could say anything else, your dad jumped in. “I am so proud of you for following your dreams, sweetheart.” He hugged you and whispered to you that he would take care of your mom.

So here were. Bags packed and on your way to Seoul. A 13 hour flight and you would be living your dream. You had finished school with a degree in social media with a minor in the Korean language. You were scared less, but swallowed down the nerves as you boarded your flight. You had spent so many years studying the culture for this career and you were confident it would all work out. But nothing prepared you for stares and comments, most people assuming you didn’t know Korean. After your exhausting flight, you made it to your hotel. You would be staying here until your apartment was ready. The next day would be your first day at SM.

[[MORE]]

The next morning you got and ready. Making your way to work, you knew people were staring. You knew why. You were almost the complete opposite of the tiny, cute Korean girls and floated around you. You weren’t super tall, but you were curvy, all over. You owned. But this was normal in the states. So at first the comments threw you off. Walking into the SM office you’re sized up by the receptionist, before she says “I wonder what this whale is doing here.” Before she stood up, smiled, and attempted to address you in broken English. You raised your hand for her to stop and spoke in Korean. “This whale is here for her first day as the new social media manager.” You smiled as her faced dropped. She made a phone and you sat down. You had interviewed and spoke to everyone over Skype, so as soon as you saw a face you recognized you jumped up, greeting her. “Hi Amber!” she smiled and hugged you. Your test for the job was to work with Amber on her web series, so you guys had become pretty close over the last couple of months. “How was your flight?” she asks. You tell her everything, right up to now. Including the receptionist, knowing she can't speak english. Amber grows visibly tense. “I am so sorry. People in Korea are pretty blunt.” You laughed, “Oh I know now. Especially because I made her aware that I speak Korean.” This caused her to laugh out loud. “Follow me, I'll take you to the boss man so you can get settled,”

The first few hours of your day was spent filling out paperwork. When it was time for you to have lunch, Amber offered to go with you. The both of you made it down to the cafe. You saw a couple of boys you recognized from the music videos you had to watch. As you’re sitting down, you hear a group of girls behind you commenting on your weight and appearance. Amber grits her teeth but you assure her that you don’t mind. Which was true. They were small-minded and you weren’t going to let that ruin your day. As the last girl spoke, you heard someone start yelling at her. Everyone turns and looks. You don’t recognize him but you listen to what he’s saying. “How dare you talk about her like that. Especially you Soohee, You weren’t exactly the skinniest person when you first became a trainee. You need to show more respect for your noona.” The girl looks around at everyone watching her. Before she can flee the situation you hear the man yell again. “You need to apologize to her now.” The girl rolls her eyes and gets up to leave. “I don’t have to say anything to anyone.” She attempts to get to the door and is grabbed by the arm by another man, who pulls her back over to you. He says as calmly as he can. “Apologize now, our you’re done being a trainee at SM. You know better than to talk bad about your superiors.” She rolls her eyes again, which doesn't go unnoticed by either man. The one holding her arm pulls her away. “Okay you’re done. We’re going to Sooman now.” You and Amber are speechless as the other girls apologize. Before you can thank him, the mystery man is gone.

As your walking back to your office, you talk with Amber. “That was crazy intense.” She laughed, “Well yeah, I was going to report her. If you break rules in front your superior or senior band members without a good reason, your trainee contract is terminated.” You hug Amber goodbye and go back to your office. Right around 2pm you’re a manager’s office. He proceeds to explain that your first assignment is going to be for EXO. You’re tasks are to help them write out thank yous in English as well as starting working with them on what they want social media wise for their comeback. You make your way to their practice room where they’re waiting for you. You knock and are told to come in. They all gather around and you begin. You’re a little starstruck and forget to speak in Korean. “Hi guys! I’m the new social media manager.” You wait for a response before you hear one of the guys in the back translate. Then the boys erupt into chatter. You hear one sentence that throws you off. “Minseok-Hyung! You’re right. She is cute.” You feel your cheeks heat up. The boy who translated came over and said “You speak Korean don’t you.” You nod your head and you’re rewarded with a gorgeous heart-shaped smile. Then you start talking in Korean and all the boys shut up and look at you. That’s when you notice him. Your mystery man from the cafe. He looks like a deer in headlights. You smile and thank him for standing up for you.

After the meeting is over, you leave so the boys can have dance practice. You start making your way down the hall when you hear it. “Wow, I didn’t realize that EXO had to work with someone so fat.” You heard a door behind you shut but didn’t see who was watching. You spoke up. “Well they had to do something. EXO was complaining about all of their other managers were es.” The girl’s jaw drops and you hear someone laugh. You look over and see Xiumin. The girl runs off. Then he speaks up. “That was good, considering she was our old social media manager.” Your hand flies up to cover your mouth. He senses your fear. “Don’t worry. I saw the whole thing. I got your back.” Then he smiled. The cheesiest, gummiest grin you ever saw and your heart jumped. “Well thank you for that Xiumin.” Before you can leave he yells. “Call me Minseok, please noona.” You whip your head around. “How do you know if I’m older than you or not?” He tenses up and start stuttering. You chuckle. “Minseok, I am your noona, relax.” He smiles and you walk away. Your first day over, but couldn’t have been better.

The next morning you had to immediately report to EXO. It was time to start getting down to business. You walk in and all of the boys smile. You were still have trouble with their names. One of the boys ran up and handed you coffee. “This is for you noona. We didn't know what you likes so Minseok hyung got you his favorite, iced Americano.” You smiled. “Well good job, because this is my favorite too....” You trailed off hoping the boy would tell you his name. He laughed and pointed to himself, “I’m Baekhyun. But you can call me baek if it’s easier to remember” You smiled and jokingly said. “I should just have you guys wear name tags.” The door burst open and the leader of the group came in. “Here ya go guys, Name tags so our noona can learn our names.” This causes everyone ins the room to burst into laughter. When lunch time rolled around you were getting ready to leave when Chanyeol spoke up. “Don’t leave! We ordered lunch for all of us. So we could bond.” This caused a roar of laughter to rip through the room. “God Chanyeol, you’re making us sound lame!” Chen exclaimed. As you sat and ate with the boys you told them about everything that’s been going on since you got here. All of them looked really upset until Minseok spoke up. “Yeah but she totally put that , Yoona in her place yesterday.” They laughed. You explained to them that you have pretty tough skin and have no problem calling people out. The rest of the day was spent helping all the boys with their personal social media accounts. Even the members who had them, but hide them. You made sure their accounts were locked down so no one could find them. Which was a task because none of them knew how internet security worked. Some of them had already been found and had to delete their accounts.

And that’s how EXO became your brothers. They made sure no one talked bad and if they heard anyone they were quick to defend you and smash the person. After you hit your 3 month mark, you were considered permanent. When that day came, the boys decided to surprise you. After work was done, they invited you back to the dorm to have dinner. This was your first time visiting them. Most of the time a few of the boys ended up at your apartment. It was almost like having 8 roommates. At this point, you stilled hadn’t met Yixing. He was super busy working on his movie and shows in China. Only coming out for concerts, which hasn’t happened until now. As everyone piles into the dorm you hear someone yell. “You guys are finally home!” Yixing runs in and hugs all the boys. When he gets to you he smiles with a puzzled look on his face. Baekhyun starts to explain who you are. “This is our new social manager! I told you about her Xing.” He smiles and hugs you. “Yes! of course. I’m so glad to finally meet you.” The rest of the night goes by with no issues. After dinner, Junmyeon hands you a present. You look at the boys confused as you open it. It was a contract. As you read through you gasped and felt the tears come up. Jongin jumps up and hugs you. “You’re ours forever now!” The contract was your new permanent SM contract stating that starting the next day you exclusively worked with EXO. Which meant, spending every waking minute with them.

As you’re hugging all the boys you see yixing talking to Minseok but cant hear what he says. “So Minseok, how is your little crush on our managers going?” Minseok slaps his arm causing Yixing to laugh out loud. When you got to Minseok you hugged him and thanked him. He lingered in the hug a little, which didn't go unnoticed by you. After the commotion died down, you helped clean up. Once you realized how late it was you said your goodbyes. Before you could leave Sehun spoke up. “Noona, did I leave my black Nike hoody at your house?” You think for a minute. “I think so! Walk me home?” you respond. What you didn’t notice was that Minseok was about to ask you if he could walk you home. Sehun walked towards the door and you followed. Looking back to see a sad Minseok with Yixing comforting him. You became confused, but quickly shook it away when Sehun yelled for you.