Ice Cream & Some Memories

Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I am sorry that I hurt you”
 

Jennie couldn't get those words out of her head. Hanbin's short apology was being played repeatedly in her ear.

She wondered why it was. She wondered how she felt then. She was not sure.

In a way, she felt a relief to finally hear them from Hanbin's mouth. But then, she  was sad that It didn't change a thing. The fact that he suddenly left her without a single word would always be that way to her.

"Eonnie", Jennie whispered to Jisoo who lied besides her. That night, Jisoo insisted to sleep with Jennie to make sure she was alright.

"Yes? Does it hurt again?", asked Jisoo who was almost asleep. She turned her head to Jennie and put her hands on Jennie's ankle.

"Aniyeo", Jennie replied shortly, "He said sorry to me", she stopped for a while looking at Jisoo, "But I......"

Jennie dropped her tears. Jisoo immediately spread her arms, offering Jennie a warm hug.

"How do you feel now?", Jisoo smiled and wiped Jennie's long hair gently. It was the first time Jennie talked about Hanbin after a while. Jennie always looked like she has erased him from her mind but Jisoo knew she hasn't
 

"My heart hurts even till now", she sobbed, “I couldn’t even look at him in the eyes”

Jisoo said no word. She instead gave Jennie time to burst all the tears she's been holding back.

"You know, even if you can't forget him yet, I could understand. You both have been going through a lot together. And if it really hurt, you should've cried it all to us. We were so worried about you. We wondered what we could do to cherish you but you always hide it",

 

Jennie nodded while trying to stop her tears, “Thank you. I should move on, right?. Like seriously. I don’t want to look stupid any longer”.

 

“Well, I didn’t force you to forget him or anything. Just let it flow. If you’re really sad, embrace that. Cry a lot. If you really hate him, say it out loud in his face. Maybe, that helps you”, Jisoo chuckled.

 

Jennie rolled her eyes, “You’re right”. Her swollen eyes turned to be a little bright, “How can I live without you, my Chichu?”, Jennie kissed Jisoo in her cheek and quickly buried herself under the blanket.

 

“... but if you still think about him even till now, you really need to ask yourself why”, Jisoo whispered to Jennie’s ear.

 

“Yah…”, Jennie pouted.

 

“I am serious, though!”, Jisoo laughed, “Good night, Jenjen”.

 

Jennie wanted to ignore those words but she couldn’t. Instead, she really did what Jisoo just said.

 

She asked herself, “Why?”

 

~

 

Three months later, YG Building

 

Blackpink members were all lying on the floor; being exhausted from one practice to another.That day, they were practicing for Melon Music Award Performance.

 

“This will be the first award ceremony we attend and perform at. I am so nervous”, Rose rambled while hugging Lisa.

 

“Me, too… Will we be able to bring a trophy home?”, Jennie glanced at the other members excitedly.

 

“Nah… I can’t even think about it. Just thinking about performing on the big stage made me nervous already”, Jisoo pouted.

 

They all laughed recalling how nervous they were even in their performance every week.

 

“Heol? It’s 11 p.m already? Shall we wrap this up and go home~~~”, Rose lazily got up, followed by the other members.

 

“Yeay, go home…..”, Lisa danced happily.

 

“I’m going to the toilet first. Don’t leave me okay?”, Jennie walked while warning the other members who loved to joke around around with her.

 

Jisoo, Lisa and Rose were packing their stuffs and putting their coats on when a group of boys coming into their practice room. They soon bowed to their sunbaes. Well, they are mostly same age but technically, iKON are their sunbaes.

 

“Anyeong….”, iKON waved their hands and brightly smiled at Blackpink.

 

“Nyeong-An! Did you just finished practicing?”, Jisoo asked.

 

“Yeah. We’re also leaving now. Shall we walk together to the parking lot?”, Bobby suggested.

 

“Ah, thinking about it, It’s really been a while since we all bumped into each other even though we work under the same agency”, Rose excitedly responded.

 

“I know… Ah, what about having midnight snack tog

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter