An Apology

Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[Hanbin’s POV]

 

“What the hell am I doing here? Wearing all black, a hat and mask, I completely look like a weird fanboy”

I am asking my self as well. I am definitely not invited to be here right now. Not after what I’ve done to her. But…..

She is debuting today. I know how it’s going to feel. A day all trainees have been waiting for.

And there she is. I keep my eyes on Jennie who stands confidently on the stage. I know for sure that she is nervous. But staying cool and instead smiling has been her ultimate skill.

It’s only a rehearsal but I could feel her energy. Every single move she made was charming. It reminded me again of how much she was every male trainee’s dream girl back then when we were teens.

I am busy admiring her from my seat until she fell on the floor.

“Is she okay?”

I tried so hard to hold my self back; checking on her just from far. But as she started to drop tears, I just couldn’t take it.

Impulsively, Insanely, I run so fast into the stage. Everyone stares suspiciously at me that I have no choice but to reveal who I am.

“You couldn’t move it at all?”, I ask that right away.

Jennie is frozen. She gives me no word but a cold gaze. I could see how much she doesn’t expect to see me right now. And perhaps also how much she hates me.

“Jennie-aah, answer me!”, I insist.

She shook her head with teary eyes.

 

***

 

[Author’s POV]

Jennie and Hanbin ended up going to the hospital by themselves. Blackpink’s manager had to go out somewhere when the incident happened. As it would take time for him to be there, their manager agreed and asked Hanbin to send Jennie to hospital as soon as possible.

“Okay, so this is the result of your x-ray just now. You had an ankle sprain. Did you look at your left ankle there? It’s a little swollen inside”, the doctor explained while showing Jennie and Hanbin an x-ray photo.

 

Jennie was surprised. It was not a good news at all. It probably was the worst.

 

“Is it that bad? Can’t I dance? Or, even walk?”, she right away asked.

 

“Well, it’s not that bad. But still, dancing wouldn’t be a good idea. It will only get more swollen. Don’t even force your self to walk. Better lay on your bed for a few days”, the doctor suggested while offering a wheel chair for Jenny to go home.

 

They left the room in silence. Neither Hanbin or Jennie say a word. They both realized how much a bad news it was. While Hanbin strolled her wheel chair, Jennie kept on looking down sadly.

 

“Your manager is arriving in a minute. He texted me just now”, Hanbin told Jennie.

 

“Do you want to help me?”, Jennie turned her head to Hanbin.

 

“What is it?”, he asked.

 

“Help me to get up”, Jennie whispered, “I am sure I can do it. Just help me to get off from this chair first”

 

Hanbin looked at her for a while before he moved to stand in front of Jennie. He was sure Jennie was not alright, “You shouldn’t force your self”

 

“Please….”, Jennie begged. Hanbin released a deep breath. He saw how sad Jennie was but he couldn’t help to worry about her ankle.

 

“No, don’t be stubborn. Don’t ask me to….”, before he could continue his sentence, Jennie cut him. She held his hands so tight that Hanbin was speechless.

 

“Hanbin….”, Jennie looked at him in the eyes. It was the first time he heard her calling his name after he didn’t know how long. “Please… You know how important today will be for me. I practiced really hard for this. I couldn’t just lay on my bed after this. Don’t tell the staffs about this. Tell them I am okay. Then, I’ll push my self to walk and dance”, begged Jennie.

 

Hanbin was still frozen. Jennie’s sad face, her hands that held him tight, and her teary eyes were irresistible. But how could he lie for her? He cared more for her own condition.

 

“Jebal….”, Jennnie looked at Hanbin deeply, “Help me just this time. Please, I beg you, Hanbin. I am debuting today”, Jennie sobbed even harder. She couldn’t look at Hanbin anymore. Her tears dropped as she looked down to the floor.

 

“….. Don’t do this to me, Jennie-ahh…”, Hanbin whispered to himself as she wiped Jennie’s face.

 

“Fine. Stop crying. I’ll help you”, Hanbin took his hand kerchief from her jeans pocket and handed it Jennie. He then offered his hand to Jennie and helped her to stand up.

 

It took a while for Jennie to finally be able to stand. It took even more time for her to take a step, “Do it slowly. Tell me if it’s too hard”, Hanbin whispered as Jennie carefully took one step to another. Jennie nodded.

 

Meanwhile, Blackpink’s manager was running in hurry towards Jennie and Hanbin. “I am sorry for just being here. Jennie are you okay? Oh My God I was so useless I should be the one taking care of you”, he felt extremely bad seeing Jennie who was trying to walk.

 

“It’s okay, you were busy preparing everything for us. Don’t blame your self. It’s my fault”, Jennie tried to comfort her manager as she stopped moving for a while.

 

“What did the doctor say?”

 

Jennie and Hanbin glanced at each other for a while. Jennie gave her puppy eyes, as if she begged once more to Hanbin to cooperate with her. Hanbin couldn’t even stand those eyes.

 

“Yeah Hyung, Jennie got examined already. She did an x-ray just now. It was not bad. She might try to dance. But she needs to be careful”, Hanbin lied.

 

“Are you sure, Jennie-aah? If you can’t, we could do something. You condition is our priority”, her manager argued.

 

Jennie smiled. She didn’t want to be an obstacle. The other members have been working hard and she didn’t want to disappoint anyone, “Gwenchanha. Just give me some times to walk. I’d be able to dance soon”.

 

The three of them slowly walked towards a black van that’s waiting for them in front of the lobby.

 

***

 

[Blackpink’s Debut Stage]

 

As the music stopped, Blackpink members could hear their fans cheering loudly. They soon bowed to their fans for a w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter