You Are My Delicious Torment Part 1

Midnight Illusions Collection of Short Stories

Story for : Feenazz

Written by : Iefa_San ___________________________________________________________________________________________

You Are My Delicious Torment

 

“1,2,3,4,5! Repeat the step! 1,2,34,5! Feenazz, faster!”

 

Feenazz is dancing faster as her dance instructor told her to. She and three other members group will be debuting their first single next month.

 

“Okay, that’s all for today. We will stop here. All gather around,”

 

They all gather in front of Jiyoung, the dance instructor.

 

“Jihye, you must follow the others to synchronize the dancing,”

 

“Hyo Ae, you still look nervous when you dancing. Stop looking down. I know you afraid because you just twisted your ankle last week but you will be debuting next month! There is no time to hesitate!”

 

Hyo Ae just looks down without saying anything. Feenaz, who standing besides her grip Hyo Ae’s hand tightly.

 

“Eun Bin, you dance too fast! Don’t show off! You are in a group!”

 

“Yes, Miss Park,” Eun Bin nodded.

 

“And you Feenazz, dance faster! You are always late on one or two tempo. You are the leader. You should show the good example for the rest.”

 

“I will practice more, Miss Park,” Feenazz answered.

 

“How many times should I tell you guys to call me Jiyoung? No Miss Park! It’s too formal,”

 

“Yes, Jiyoung unnie,” they all said together.

 

“Hmm.. That’s better. Okay, we will meet tomorrow. Take note of what I just told you all. You will be debuting soon. There is no way for turning back. So, practice harder and more importantly enjoy it! Okay, see you! Bye-bye!” Jiyoung grabs her bag and walks out from the studio.

 

“Thank You Jiyoung unnie,” They bowed together.

 

Feenazz grabs a bottle of mineral water. She drinks it in one go. She is too tired today. They all do extra practice because Jiyoung still not satisfied with their dancing moves. They had been dancing since morning till afternoon. They have to stop now because they got vocal class after this.

 

“Hmm.. She is very hard to please. Everything we do is wrong. I don’t know what’s right for her right now,” Jihye wipes her face with a white towel.

 

Hyo Ae remain silent. She never said anything since Jiyoung yelled at her during the practice. Feenazz realize that and go to her.

 

“Oh Hyo Ae. It’s okay. I know she is strict but we all know she is nice. She is perfectionist. She doesn’t want us to make any mistake. You will be alright,” Feenazz hugs Hyo Ae’s shoulder. Then Hyo Ae tapped Feenazz’s hand, sign of saying ‘Thank you’.

 

“Okay, let’s stop being worried. We should get going by now or we gonna be late for our vocal class.” Feenaz said.

 

Suddenly their seniors, U-KISS members enter the studio. They all put their belongings at the side of the studio.

 

“Hello girls! How are you today?” Kevin waved at them.

 

They all bowed together and saying okay. They all still feel shy with U-KISS even though they already known for years.

 

Kiseop walks from behind and puts his hand around Feenazz’s shoulder.

 

“Why all of you look so gloomy? Did Jiyoung noona giving you hard time? I can talk to her if you want,” He turns his head to Feenazz. From far, Kim Kibum who is warming up his body glaring at Kiseop.

 

“It’s okay. It’s our fault. We did not practice harder,” said Feenazz.

 

“Really, Noona? But I think you all are pretty good,” said Kiseop.

 

“But Jiyoung unnie said we still need to practice. We will be debuting next month. She want us to be perfect,” Feenazz gathering her stuff and ready to go to vocal class.

 

“Where are you all going?” Kevin asked.

 

“We have vocal practice after this,” Eun Bin said.

 

“Don’t you guys wanna see our new dance moves? It’s for our new single, ‘Shut Up’. It will be out next week,” Kevin looks eagerly.

 

“We all love to see, Kevin sunbae but we have to go now or we gonna be late. You know how scary is Mr.Kim if his students are late,” JiHye raised her eyebrows.

 

“Oh okay, good luck then,” Kevin pouted.

 

They all waved and bowed to all U-KISS members. Feenazz was waving at Kiseop suddenly she bumped into Kim Kibum.

 

“Sorry, KiBum sunbae. Err.. Annyeong. Good luck in your new album,” she bowed. She did not dare to look at his eyes.

 

Kibum did not say anything nor bowed. He just left her alone without saying anything and starting to practice his dance moves. Hyo Ae saw what happened. She quickly walked toward Feenazz and tapped her shoulder. Feenazz jumped a bit. Hyo Ae smiles and hold Feenazz’s wrist. They walked together out from the studio.

 

“Are you okay?” Hyo Ae finally said something.

 

“Huh? I’m okay,” Feenazz looked confused.

 

“I know how you feeling right now. I’m feeling the same too,” Hyo Ae smiles weakly at Feenazz.

 

“What do you mean by that?” Feenazz wrinkled her forehead.

 

“I know you like Kibum sunbae,”

 

“What?” Feenazz almost shouting at the hallway.

 

Hyo Ae giggled. “I’m sorry. I know this is not my business but I can’t help notice it,”

 

“How did you know it? Omo, I feel so embarrassed,” Feenazz cover her face.

 

“Oh, You don’t have to feel embarrassed. Let me tell you a secret too. Actually I feel the same too,” Hyo Ae started blushing.

 

“With Kibum sunbae?”

 

“No! No.. It’s Kevin sunbae. Do you think he knew about it?”

 

“Hurm..Hard to tell. Do you think KiBum knew it?”

 

“Hurm..Well, you do act kind of different when you saw him,” Hyo Ae smiles.

 

“Omo, really? How? I never realize that,”

 

“When you see him around you, you will be silent. You did not dare to make eye contact with him. You chat happily with other people except him. You become extremely polite when you see him. That is what I noticed,” Hyo Ae explained.

 

“Really? That obvious? Oh my God. I feel so embarrassed,” Feenazz shaked her head and cover her face with her hands.

 

“Don’t be Feenazz unnie. It happens to me too. Hurm..I think we both are ‘helplessly in love’,” Hyo Ae smiles faintly.

 

Feenaz smiles too. Then she takes a deep breath and sighed. “So, since you already know my secret, I hope you don’t tell anybody about it,”

 

“Don’t worry unnie, I won’t. I hope you did the same too. Pinky promise?” Hyo Ae hold out her pinky.

 

“Pinky promise,” Feenazz laughs. “Can I share some more story?”

 

“Sure unnie. What is it?”

 

“I don’t know what’s wrong with Kibum sunbae. I tried to be polite to him, try to speak to him but he never does the same. I noticed that he is good with the others except me. I really don’t understand him. Does he hate me that much?” Feenazz asked Hyo Ae.

 

“Yeah unnie. I noticed that too. It’s weird you know. Maybe he is just not really sociable.”

 

Suddenly Jihye and Eun Bim scream. They are far ahead from them.

 

“Unnie! Hyo Ae! Faster or we gonna be locked outside the studio! Faster! Stop chatting!”

 

Feenaz and Hyo Ae look at each other. They totally forgot they are heading to vocal practice. They both started running together to the studio.

 

****************

 

“Congratulations!”

 

All U-KISS members, NH Media staffs and U_N*Q members are gather in a private club. They all celebrated for U-KISS comeback after they performed at Mnet's M! Countdown. Feenazz, Hyo Ae, Eun Bin and Jihye are all in U_N*Q. They all will be debuting in three more weeks.

 

“Congratulations sunbae!” Feenazz held out her glass to U-KISS.

 

They all clink their glass at Feenazz’s except Kibum. He drinks and do not say anything. Then he walks toward Jihye, Eun Bin and Hyo Ae.

 

Kevin noticed that Feenazz face change when she saw Kibum walks away from them. “Maybe he’s tired,”

Feenazz shocked by Kevin voice. She smiles weakly, “Maybe,”

 

Suddenly, Kiseop grabs Feenaz wrist. “Let’s dance! I love this song!”

 

“What? Now?” Feenaz raised her eyebrows.

 

Kiseop just drags Feenazz at the center of the dancefloor. Kiseop starts dancing first, Feenazz held back a little but slowly, she moves her body following the music. Then, they become the attention on the dance floor. Kiseop was dancing closer and closer to Feenazz. Kevin joins afterward and drags Jihye with him. Soon, all U-KISS and U_N*QUE members are on the dance floor. Several staff joins them. They were all changing partner and suddenly Feenaz end up with Kibum. Feenazz shocks and just stood still. Kibum stares at Feenazz coldly.

 

“I don’t want to dance with you. Your dancing ,” Kibum said.

 

Then, he turns his back to dance with Jihye. Feenazz was hurt with what he said. She tried to control her tears. Feenazz excused herself and run towards the toilet. Hyo Ae saw and chased her to the toilet.

 

“Hyung, Why did you said like that? What is your problem?” Kiseop pushed Kibum.

 

Kibum almost punched Kiseop’s face but he was stopped by Soohyun. Kevin holds Kiseop’s arms to stop him from attacking Kibum. Kibum glares at Kevin and then at Kiseop. He fixed his shirt and pretends like nothing happen. He walks away to another place. Soohyun was chasing him after that. Alexander asking what happened but no one said anything. Eli and Dongho shrug their shoulders. They also don’t know what just happen.

 

Feenazz pushed hard on the toilet’s door. She opened the water tap and the sink and washes her face. She tried very hard to not crying but she fails. She cried out loud while washing her face. Hyo Ae was just entered the toilet. She tapped Feenaz shoulder. She offered her tissues. Feenazz smiles and accept it. Then, she hugs Hyo Ae. Hyo Ae pats her back.

 

“Why Hyo Ae? Why is so mean to me? What did I do?” Feenazz voice cracked while speaking.

 

“I also shocked unnie. I never know Kibum sunbae is that mean. Oh, unnie. I’m sorry. Please don’t cry,” Hyo Ae hugs Feenaz tightly.

 

Feenazz did not say anything. She just hugs Hyo Ae tightly while crying on her shoulder. Hyo Ae keeps patting on Feenaz’s back.

 

“You know what unnie. Let’s make a vow. You should forget about Kibum sunbae and I will forget about Kevin sunbae,” Hyo Ae said.

 

“Huh? Why you should forget about Kevin?” Feenazz tried to speak even though her voice is cracking.

 

“Looks like he doesn’t have any interest on me. I think he likes Jihye unnie,” Hyo Ae answered. Her face was gloomy after that.

 

“Oh Hyo Ae. I’m sorry too. Yeah, let’s forget them. We should focus on our debut,” Feenazz release her hug. She takes Hyo Ae’s pinky finger and crossed it with hers.

 

“Pinky promise?”

 

“Pinky promise!” They both laughs at their childish behaviour.

 

*****************

Feenazz, Hyo Ae, Eun Bin and Jihye are getting ready for their first debut at Music Bank. There are next after Nine Muses performed. Feenazz is the most nervous because she is the leader. If anything goes wrong, she will have to take the responsibility. But, she trusted the other members. They all had been working hard for this moment since years ago. Feenazz know that all U_N*Q members will give their best performance. Kevin and Kiseop were at the backstage to wish them good luck. U-KISS was also performing in today Music Bank.

 

“U_N*Q, good luck in your first debut! Don’t be afraid! Just shine like you all always do!” Kiseop said to them.

 

“Yeah, you guys are all good! You guys don’t have anything to worry about! Just have fun on the stage, arasso? We all will be celebrating after this!” Kevin wished them.

 

Feenazz said thank you and hug both Kevin and Kiseop. Eun Bin and Jihye are also hugging them. Hyo Ae just hugs Kiseop then immediately ran next to Feenazz. Kevin looked confused when Hyo Ae ran from him but he just remains silent.

 

“Guys, this is it. The moment that we’ve been waiting for. We’ve been practicing years for our debut. Good luck you guys! I love you!” Feenazz hugs them all. They all squeeze together to hug each other. Then, Kevin and Kiseop joined them.

 

“U_N*Q, you are next!” The stage coordinator yelled at them.

 

Feenazz tried to smile but she felt nauseated. Hyo Ae grabs her hand. Then, they all walk together, hand in hand, take their position and begin to perform.

 

After they done performing, Kevin and Kiseop were still waiting for them at the backstage. They both congratulated and hugging all the girls. Soon, the other U-KISS members were there too to congratulate U_N*QUE first debut. Kim Kibum hugs all the girls except for Feenazz. Feenazz doesn’t say anything. She knew that this will happen. She knew that Kibum will keep avoiding her for reason that she also doesn’t know. But why her heart suddenly felt different? Why suddenly she felt disappointed when Kibum treated her like that even thought she already know how his attitude towards her. Why she still can’t forget about him? Now she knows why people said first love is hard to forget. Kibum is her first love. She been hoping that Kibum will be the last too but she know she been hoping for something impossible. “That guy doesn’t even look at me. I should forget about him,” Feenazz thought. She already made a pinky promise to Hyo Ae. She should focus on their first album. There will be no time for love once you inside this business, Feenazz always remembered that. This is the good time to give up.

 

Suddenly Nichkhun came at her. “Congratulations of your debut,” he held out his hand. Feenaz shocked when Nichkhun congratulate her. Nichkhun is her favourite in 2PM.

 

“Thank you sunbae,” Feenazz accept his hand and bowed.

 

“You can call me oppa. Stop calling calling me sunbae,” Nichkhun smiles.

 

“Okay sun..er okay Nichkhun oppa,” Feenazz smiles too. Then, they both started chatting and when it is 2PM’s turn to perform, Feenazz wished him good luck.

 

“Can I see you after this?” Nichkhun suddenly asked.

 

“Er, We have to go back early because we have to wake up early tomorrow. Maybe next time,” Feenazz lied.

 

“Oh Okay. See you then,” Nichkhun looks disappointed and walked toward backstage with other 2PM members.

 

Feenazz doesn’t know why she lied. They actually will celebrate their first debut at a  club. She could ask Nichkhun to join them but she didn’t. She knows that Nichkhun was flirting on her. She was supposed to be happy right? The famous Nichkhun is interested in her. But because of Kibum, she didn’t. She was hurt and her heart was damaged. She doesn’t think she can be in love again after all the damaged that Kibum has done to her. But with all the things that he has done, she never get mad at him. She doesn’t know why. Maybe she was too deeply in love with him.

 

***********

 

U-KISS was practicing their dance moves in a studio. They stopped when their dance instructor asked them to take a rest. Kevin and Kiseop were talking together, trying to avoid Kibum. Alexander tried to know what happened actually that night but none of them told him. So were Eli and Dongho. Kibum also doesn’t show any sign to make a peace between Kevin and Kiseop. He likes to be alone recently. He just sits at a corner, alone at the studio and Soohyun approached him.

 

“Water?” Soohyun held out a bottle of mineral water.

 

“Thanks,” Kibum murmured.

 

Soohyun sat next to Kibum. He wiped his face with a towel and drinks. Suddenly he speaked, “Can I ask you something?”

 

Kibum wrinkled his forehead, “What?”

 

“Why are you so mean to Feenazz? No, please don’t deny it,” Soohyun cuts when Kibum tried to say ‘no’.

 

“So, why are you so mean to her? Did she do anything to you? What is it her fault that makes you act so rude whenever you saw him,” Soohyun asked again.

 

Kibum tried to argue but just kept silent when Soohyun glared at him. He doesn’t wanna be rude to his hyung. “I don’t know,”

 

“You don’t know?” Soohyun raised his eyebrows.

 

“Yeah, I don’t know. It just happened. I tried to be not rude by ignoring her but then I realized that was rude too,” Kibum clenched his lips.

 

“You are so clueless, aren’t you? You know that you hurt her badly? Kevin told me that he saw her crying badly at that night and it’s not just that night. She was cried before, many times because of your bad attitude. I wondered why you acted like that. I know you for a long time. I know you are nice but why you acting weird whenever you saw her?” Soohyun face turned serious.

 

Kibum just look down on the floor. He doesn’t know what to say. He doesn’t know that he hurt Feenazz that much. He himself wondered why he acted like that. He wondered why he felt jealous whenever he saw Kevin and Kiseop were to close with her. He wanted to yell at them both but he takes his anger out at Feenazz. Then he felt regret of what he’s done to Feenazz but still he never said that he sorry. Not even once. He knows something wrong with him but he doesn’t know what the reason is.

 

Soohyun patted Kibum’s shoulder. He hates to see his friends fighting and not talked to each other. He cares for his dongsaeng. “Make sure you say sorry to Feenazz after this. Tell her what you actually feel. And maybe after that you can say sorry to Kevin and Kiseop too. I know you are older but you be must matured in this situation,”

 

“I will.. I will,” Kibum said sincerely. He really regret all the things that he ever done to Feenaz.

 

Suddenly, Kevin’s phone ringing and he quickly answered it. Kevin was silent after he said hello. Then he gasped and asking “where?” repeatedly. He hanged the call immediately. Kiseop felt weird when Kevin acting likes that, “What’s wrong?”

 

“They had an accident! Their car crashed!” Kevin sound panicked.

 

“Who?” Kiseop shouted.

 

“All of U_N*Q members and their manager!”

 

*********************

*continue on next page