When Kings bows to Nerds

Midnight Illusions Collection of Short Stories

 

Story for Han Reemin

Written by $w33t t00th

http://midnight-illusionsx.blogspot.com/

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

 

~School Bell rings~
 
"Ahh!!! I'm late for my first class on my first day of school! Great!" I said to myself, trying to preoccupy my head to calm my nerves until I hit someone.
 
"Ow! GREAT!! WHAT COULD POSSIBLY MAKE THIS DAY ANY WORSE?!" I half shouted.
 
"Sorry. I'm kinda in a hurry. Are you okay?" A gorgeous guy just asked.
 
I couldn't do anything; I was petrified.
 
"Miss?" He asked again.
 
"Huh?? I mean yeah, I'm okay. Just kinda lost." I replied.
 
"Hey, you must be the new girl." He said.
 
"Yeah, wait, how did you know?" I asked.
 
"Well you did say you were lost." He replied.
 
"Oh duh! Sorry for the unworthy question." I said shamefully.
 
"No problem. By the way, I'm Ethan. I pretty much rule the school here. And you are?" He asked.
 
"I'm new. I-I mean, no, wait, umm, my name's not new but I am new. I mean--" I was cut off
 
"I get it, you're new. Your name?" Ethan asked.
 
"Han ReeMin." I said.
 
"Well then mind telling me which class are you cause we're already 20 minutes late." 
 
"My first class is with Mr. Lee. Room C305?"
 
"Cool, that's the class I was going. Just follow me."
 
"Uh yeah, sure." I said. 'Like I have a choice." I said to myself.
 
We walk in a fast pace until we reached the first room on the 3rd floor.
 
"Mr. Ethan, you're late." The teacher said.
 
"Sorry Mr. Lee. I was just helping a new student to get to class." He replied.
 
"Oh, then very well. Go to your seat." The teacher ordered.
 
"Umm." I said in a low voice that could only be heard by the teacher.
 
"Yes? Ah! You must be the new student. Welcome and you're late. Tardiness in this school is always monitored. Make sure this is the first and last time Ms. ReeMin. Now sit on that empty chair next to Minzy." He warned.
 
"Yes sir." I said shyly. 'Let's see. I was late, I bumped into a guy, made a complete fool out of a cute guy and got scolded by my teacher on the first day of school. It's officially the worst day ever.' I thought
 
I went to my chair next to a pretty girl who was waving her hand. She smiled sweetly at me and said.
 
"Hi, I'm Gong Minji. Minzy for short." She introduced.
 
"Hi, I'm Han ReeMin." I said.
 
~Lunch~
 
"Reemin, this is CL, Bom, and Sandara." Minzy introduced her friends.
 
"Hello!!" all of them said.
 
"Hi, I'm Han Reemin." 
 
"Nice to meet you. I heard Mr. I'm-so-popular-bow-down-before-me helped you get to class." CL said.
 
"You mean Ethan? Yeah. How did you know?" I asked.
 
"He's the most popular guy in school. He spills everything that happened to him. Apparently people here are already gossiping that the new girl is flirting with the 'King'." Sandara answered.
 
"HUH?! I was lost earlier. I just bumped into him while preoccupying myself." I defended.
 
"It's okay. We don't believe the gossips here especially those that involves new students or us." CL said.
 
"But if I were you, beware. Stick with us and you'll be fine. Girls here doesn't like 'sharing' the 'king'." Bom continued.
 
"Okay." I said.
 
The whole day seems fine. Well, everything went fine ever since I met 2ne1 (that's what they call their anti group). They were really nice to me. They were really fun to be with. They told me everything about the school and how it works. It also seems that Ethan loves hot girls and hates nerds like me and that there are girls who hates me judging by the death glares earlier.
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~
 
The past three weeks were fine but painful. The fine part was that I hangout with 2ne1 all the time. I sometimes get bullied by three really beautiful girls named Ahn EulRi, Song SoEul and Rae MinJi and was always told to stay away from Ethan but CL, Minzy, Bom and Sandara was always there to back me up. But the painful part was when I confessed to Ethan that I like him but was rejected in front of the whole student body which broke my heart into tiny little pieces. If it weren't for my only friends, I should have been dead by now. I mean there's like 1,000,000 ways to die, I could have just picked one. Ever since that incident, I hate Ethan so much that I want to murder him if murdering him was legal.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~
 
4 weeks later
 
I'm already used to the school. Everything was getting busier that we barely hang out anymore. I can already protect my friends. I have decided and completely changed myself into someone who wouldn't let people tease or bully around anymore but everything else about me stayed the same; I'm still a nerd. I reached into my locker and a piece of paper fell. 
 
I sigh. "Must be another 'death' threat. Let's see the originality of this letter from the others." I said to myself.
 
"Blah blah blah blah like you blah blah blah every since I saw you cry blah blah blah I'm sorry I was stupid blah blah blah I'll make it up to you blah blah blah I will protect you blah blah blah please believe me blah blah blah I don't care about my popularity anymore blah blah blah." I read silently.
 
I was shocked about the signiture below. It says Ethan.
 
"Yeah right. People these days are so low. Make a fake letter. Please, I've seen better." I said.
 
"Hey ReeMin!!!" Some guy shouted my name.
 
I didn't bother to look who was it since I really don't care.
 
"Good morning!!! Umm... Have you read my letter yet?" He asked.
 
After hearing that, I looked who the guy was and surprisingly it was Ethan.
 
"Yes I have." I smiled fakely.
 
"Do you really think I am that stupid to actually fall for that stupid trick?! WHAT AM I?! A PRESCHOOLER?! AM I THAT STUPID TO YOU?! YOU ARE A SICK AND IGNORANT MORON WHO DOESN'T THINK ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE BUT HIMSELF! NOW LEAVE ME ALONE AND GET A LIFE!!" I exploded and left leaving people dumbfounded.
 
"You ! How dare you say those words to him!! I'm gonna kill you!" EulRi said.
 
"Oh shut up! This is a free country and that means I have every legal rights to say anything I want plus me? a ? Better say that to yourself you barbie dolls." I snapped at them.
 
EulRi was about to pull my hair when suddenly he showed up. He grabbed her hand, pulled her and threw her like a piece of trash.
 
"Stay away from her EulRi." He said.
 
"Why are you helping that freak!?! Why did you even fell for her?! We could have been perfect!" EulRi said in anger.
 
"Don't call her a freak! You're asking me why? She's different from you! She knows where she stands, she's true to herself and she doesn't flirt unlike you. At first I thought she was a nerd and a freak but ever since she cried right in front of me, I felt like my heart was torn in pieces. I didn't know why until I was told that I might have fallen inlove with her. I didn't accept the fact at first but every time I see you three hurting her, I wanted to do something about it but I didn't. I made a big mistake. I want to make her change her mind. To make her believe that I am telling the truth. That I really am sorry and in love with her. She's the only one for me. Now leave you flirt!." He explained. I was touched and I know for sure he was telling the truth. Not from the story but from his eyes. They were burning with anger.
 
"Are you okay?" He asked.
 
I stood there like a stone.
 
"ReeMin?" He asked again.
 
"Huh?? I mean yeah, I'm okay. Just kinda lost." I replied.
 
"Lost?" He asked.
 
"Yeah, I'm lost from your words. I accept your apology but you still have to do the courting the old fashion way." I said warmly.
 
"Then I, Ethan, will make sure that I'll be your perfect prince charming." He said promisingly.
 
I just smiled and thought that life is just full of mysteries.
 
~~~
 
I'm really sorry for taking toooooooo long in writing your one-shot. T.T
I was really busy with school. I hope you'll like it even though its kinda short.
I also change some of the character's personality, I hope you don't mind.