You Are My Destiny

Midnight Illusions Collection of Short Stories

Story for Cindy

Written by Iefa_San

@http://midnight-illusionsx.blogspot.com/

________________________________________________________________________________

You Are My Destiny

 

“Omo, I’m so tired today. Thanks for going out with me JangMi,” Destiny thanking JangMi.

 

“Oh, it’s okay. You’ve been stuck in your house for a while. So, I think you should going out sometimes,” JangMi smiles.

 

Destiny is holding a dog’s leash. Her dog, Nuri was helping Destiny to walk. Destiny is actually a blind girl. She was blind when she was 6. Her family got into accident and her parents died. She the only one survived but because of the accident impact, she got blind.

 

“Is there any photo booth nearby, JangMi? I wanna take a picture with you!” Destiny is crouching and petting her puppy.

 

“Photo booth? Wait…” JangMi scanning the area around her then she sees H-Mart. Usually there is photobooth at H-Mart.

 

“I saw one. Let’s go!” JangMi holding Destiny’s hand and bring her to H-Mart. Her puppy, Nuri is walking in front Destiny, directing her where to go.

 

“Are sure you wanna take pictures with me? ”JangMi suddenly asked when they arrived at the photo booth.

 

“Yes. I know I might be cannot see it but who knows I might get lucky to see it in my dreams,” Destiny smiles.

 

“Pabo. Don’t say like that! Don’t make me sad. I’m sure you will get new eyes transplant. Just keep praying. You are good hearted person. I’m sure God will help you,” JangMi eyes got teary. She loves her best friend so much and she don’t want to hurt her friend.

 

“Omo, don’t cry JangMi! I’ll be fine. Even though I don’t get the transplant but I will be fine because I got you and Nuri. You both are important to me right now,” Destiny searching for JangMi eyes with her hand. She wipes JangMi’s tears and pinches her cheeks. JangMi laughs.

 

“Wait here, I’m gonna tie Nuri’s leash so he won’t run while we taking pictures. Wait here, okay?”

 

“Arasso!” JangMi said.

 

Destiny is walking towards a pole. She walks using her sticks and hit the pole to know she already there. Then she tied Nuri’s leash at the pole.

 

Suddenly JangMi received a phone call. She answered it and goes to a quiet place to talk. Destiny walks back to the phone booth, ready to take pictures.

 

“JangMi? JangMi? Where are you?” Destiny standing still, calling for JangMi. JangMi didn’t hear Destiny is calling her because she is on call.

 

Destiny calling JangMi’s name again. She is searching JangMi with her hands around her. Suddenly she feels her hand touch somebody. She thought it was JangMi. Destiny quickly grabs that person to the photo booth.

 

“Palli! Take pictures! Quickly! I don’t care which frames. Anything will be fine,” Destiny said to ‘JangMi’.

 

That ‘JangMi’ confused of what happen but continue selecting the frames for the photo booth pictures.

 

“Give me a signal when it’s ready, arasso?” Destiny is so excited because she didn’t this often.

 

“Ready, 1-2-3…Kimchi!” That ‘JangMi’ said.

 

Destiny make a peace sign and grabbing ‘JangMi’s’ hand to get closer. After they done taking pictures, Destiny finally realize something.

 

“JangMi, why your voice is suddenly change? It’s sound like a man voice,” Destiny put her hand on ‘JangMi’s’ face. She feels that person face and suddenly she is gasping.

 

“You are not JangMi!” Destiny was so shocked. She was taking pictures with a strangers.

 

That person chuckles. “No, last time I checked my name is not JangMi and I’m not a girl,”

 

“Omo! JangMi! Help! There’s a ert here!” Destiny screamed.

 

JangMi, who just ended her call, was shocked when she heard Destiny is screaming. She quickly runs to her.

 

“What happen Destiny? What happen?” JangMi asked, worry.

 

“There is a ert here! He’s pretending to be you and takes pictures with me,” Destiny quickly grabs JangMi and hide behind her.

 

“Hello, excuse me. Can’t you see I’m a guy? You are the one who grabbed my hand and takes pictures with me,” That suspicious person said.

 

Destiny was silent when she heard what that person said. JangMi clears .

 

“Mister, my friend here cannot see. She lost her eyesight,” JangMi explained.

 

That person was silenced by his guilt. He tried to say something but nothing comes out form his mouth. All he can say is sorry.

 

“It’s okay. It’s not your fault. You are right. It’s my fault; I’m the one grabbing you. I’m the one should apologize,” Destiny said. She knows that person must be feeling guilty. She doesn’t want to make a big deal of it.

 

Suddenly JangMi realized something. She examined that person carefully. She squinted her eyes and ga

 

“Omo, You are HongKi, right?? The Vocalist of  FT Island. Sarang Sarang Sarang?” JangMi sang ‘Sarang Sarang Sarang’ like in the song.

 

That person chuckles. “Yes, I’m HongKi. Sarang Sarang Sarang,”

 

Destiny tucks JangMi’s sleeve, “Who is he, JangMi?”

 

“He is a singer. From a band called FT Island,” JangMi whispered to Destiny’s ear.

 

Destiny nodded. She knows him. She and JangMi sometimes watch or ‘listen’ to Music Bank and ‘Sarang Sarang Sarang’ is one of her favourite songs.

 

“So, I’m gonna leave now. I have some works to do, and I will take this with me. Think this as an apology from you,” HongKi waving the photo booth pictures in his hand.

“See you!” He walked away and get into a white van.

 

JangMi just look at the white van gone from her view while Destiny standing next to her, confused of what just happen.

 

“Wow! Today must be our lucky day! Too bad he took all the pictures,” JangMi said to Destiny.

 

Destiny just smiles. If she got the pictures, she can’t even look at it. So, it’s better if he have it.

 

“Let’s go home! I’m hungry!” Destiny said and untie Nuri’s leash. JangMi, Destiny and Nuri walking home together while chatting about what just happened.

 

*********************

 

Hongki comes out from the shower. He dries his hair with a towel. He collects his clothes that lying on the floor. Suddenly something come out from the pocket. He picks it up. It was pictures of him with a girl earlier. He looks at it and smiles.

 

“She’s pretty cute. Too bad she is blind,” HongKi sits down on his bed. He examines the girl in the pictures. She didn’t pose much as he but she still looks beautiful in that pictures. He tried to remember her name.

 

“Destiny… Destiny… and her friend’s name is JangMi,” HongKi tried to recall. He touch the girl’s face on the pictures. Suddenly his heart feels different. HongKi shakes his head. He can’t think about any girl right now. He must focus on his career. He puts the pictures on a table besides his bed. He lying and tucks himself in. After 3 minutes later, he is falling asleep.

 

While he was sleeping, he dreams of something different. He was walking down the stairs. He was wearing a black long coat and  he put a masquerade mask. He starts mingle with everyone around him but his eyes caught on a girl wearing white mask. She was wearing white dress with pale pink at the edge of it. She was dancing gracefully. Hongki steps forward her and hold out his hand. The girl stops dancing and looks at him. Then she accepts his hand and they dance together. The clock rings a bell to show it was already 12 midnight. The girl stops dancing and quickly run from the dance hall. HongKi chased her and barely caught her hand. He asked for her name but the girl didn’t answer.

 

“Then how can I meet you again?” HongKi opens his mask.

 

“Just follow your destiny and we will meet,” The girl said.

 

HongKi asked her to open her mask. The girl hesitates at first but when she finally wants to open her mask, suddenly HongKi wake up from his dream. His alarm phone ringing and he quickly turn it off. He stares at the ceiling. He just had a really weird dream. It’s quite ridiculous and cheesy but why did he feels something. Like that girl is the one for him. It couldn’t be. It was just a dream.

 

“Just follow your destiny and we will meet,”

 

HongKi suddenly remembered what the girl said in his dream. Destiny? Could it be…

 

***************

 

Jangmi opens the television and sits on the couch. Destiny sitting on her bed and combing Nuri’s fur. They are watching live show of Music Bank. Suddenly JangMi screaming.

 

“FT Island! It’s HongKi on tv!” She pointing to the television.

 

Destiny just smiles. She listens to HongKi’s voice. It was sweet and calming but it was also sounds sad. Maybe because of the songs. He sings ‘Love Love Love’ with so much emotion. Destiny feels like she understands what he feels.

 

“JangMi, what Hongki looks like?” Destiny suddenly asked.

 

JangMi looks quite shocked with her friend question. She feels pity for Destiny but she pretend to be happy. She laughs and said, “Oh, He is so cute! Right now his hair is burgundy. He has the cutest smile I know and his skin is quite fair. But of course, your skin is fairer than him,”

 

Destiny laughs. “What about his personality? Does he seem nice?” Destiny continues petting Nuri.

 

“Hurm… He’s a bit crazy. I mean in a good way. He is quite humorous too. And most important, he’s cute!”

 

“Pabo! Is that all you know about him? Being cute?” Destiny throwing a small pillow to JangMi. Even though she cannot see but she knows where is JangMi according to her voice came from.

 

JangMi laughs again. “Do you like him? That is why you asking about him?”

 

“No! I’m just asking,” Destiny starts to blush.

 

JangMi sits on the bed and pinches Destiny’s cheeks. “My friend is falling in love!”

 

“No I am not!” Destiny suddenly feels furious and embarrassed as well.

 

“Why denied it? There is no wrong when you fall in love with someone,” JangMi keeps teasing Destiny.

 

“It is wrong because I’m blind. I’m not supposed to like anybody. I don’t deserve it,”

 

“Destiny! Don’t say like that! You are really nice, pretty and kind. You deserve someone good too! How many times I should tell you don’t like that!” JangMi suddenly got angry with Destiny. She’s really don’t like when Destiny talk down about herself. For JangMi, Destiny is perfect in her own way. Destiny has to believe in herself.

 

Destiny looks at the outside of the window. Her eyes were teary and JangMi hugs her from behind. They cried together and JangMi wipe’s Destiny tears.

 

“I know… One day, you will find someone that heaven already made for you…,” JangMi cupped Destiny face and hugs her.

 

****************************

 

Hongki is walking down a street alone, back from his vocal class. He passed by an H-Mart and then he stops when he looks at the photo booth. He suddenly remembers the time when he met Destiny.

 

“When will I see her again?” HongKi thought. Then he remembered his weird dream.

Follow your destiny.

 

Follow my destiny? What is that suppose to mean? Next time Angel, when you gonna give a clue in my dreams, please give a precise clue. HongKi looks at the H-Mart. Should I go in there? Maybe there is my destiny? He walks there slowly like he was counting his steps. He in front of the H-Mart. Should I go in? Or shouldn’t I? He so confused. Ah, what the heck. I’m not gonna lose anything if I go in, Hongki thinks. He grabs the door holder and pushes it.

 

“Here goes nothing,”

 

************************

 

Destiny is calling her dog, Nuri. Nuri’s leash slips out from her hand and Nuri runs forward. Destiny could not see where Nuri was going. She was screaming Nuri’s name but Nuri didn’t give any response. Destiny feeling she already lost her dog. She could not find Nuri and it was all her fault to let Nuri go. Destiny starts to cry. She sits down on the ground and weeping. Suddenly Destiny stops crying. She heard a faint howling. She knows that sound. It was Nuri. She must be near here somewhere. Destiny wipes her tears. She must not give up and she determines to find Nuri until she found her. Destiny takes out her walking stick and walk toward the sound she heard before. She asked everyone around her, if they saw a dog running here. A young girl volunteers to help Destiny to find Nuri. The young girl walks Destiny toward the direction Destiny asked for. Suddenly Destiny heard Nuri barking.

 

“Nuri! Nuri? Where are you?” Destiny is calling for her dog again. Nuri’s barking become louder and Destiny know that she was closer to Nuri. She runs towards the barking sound with her instinct.

 

“Nuri? Nuri? Is that you?” Destiny feels around with her hands. She’s looking for Nuri.

 

“Destiny? You are Destiny right?” Suddenly somebody speaks.

 

Destiny gasping. “Nuri? You can talk?”

 

That person laughs. “I’m not Nuri but yes, I can talk because I’m human,”

 

Destiny frowned her brows. His voice seems familiar and he knows her name. “Do I know you, Mister?”

 

He laughs again. “We met before. You mistaken me as your friend and take pictures with me,”

 

Destiny gasping again and put her hand over . “You are Hongki? But what are you doing here? With my dog?”

 

HongKi scratched his head. “Well, I went to H-Mart yesterday then I saw a poster about a program that gathers all the disabled people around Seoul and the program held here. So I decide to go to the program today. And when I got here I saw your dog running towards me. She keeps barking at me. Don’t know why,”

 

Destini tilts her head. She takes Nuri from the ground and hugs Nuri. “Why you want to join the program? You are not disabled, right?”

 

“No… No… I want to join because… because….”

 

“Because?”

 

“Because I want to find you,” HongKi scratches his non-itchy head again.

 

“Find me? Why?”

 

“Because I think I start to like you,”

 

Destiny wants to ask again but Nuri stars to bark. She’s petting Nuri and gives her a dog biscuit. Suddenly she remembered the young girl who helping her. She wants to say thanks.

 

“Er, HongKi-sshi? Did you see a young woman came here with me? Is she still here? Can you direct me towards her? I want to say thanks,”

 

HongKi frowns. “Young woman came with you? I don’t see anyone come with you. You come alone here,”

 

“Alone? What do you mean alone? She was with-“

 

Suddenly Destiny feels goosebumps. That young woman indeed don’t say much. She just said “I’ll take you there, Destiny”. She feels weird how that young woman knows her name but she forgotten to ask because she was so worried about Nuri. Destiny feels so confused. Who is that young woman just now? She is not a ghost right? Ghost cannot appear in day light.

 

“Why Destiny, what happen?” Hongki starts to worry because Destiny didn’t say anything.

 

“Oh, nothing. Just I’m a little bit confused about who that young woman who helped me just now. How she knew my name and why she suddenly disappeared,” Destiny could not stop thinking who that young woman.

 

“Maybe she is an Angel, or Cupid. She helps us to meet again,” HongKi smiles. Thanks Angel for making me went to H-Mart yesterday, HongKi said in his heart. Thank God I saw that poster and thanks to my instinct that say Destiny gonna be here today.

 

Destiny starts to blush when HongKi said like that. She feels happy, flattered but she also feels sad because she will never see how HongKi looks like. Besides what Hongki can do with her? She is blind and she doesn’t deserve someone like HongKi. He is a star and everyone loves him. He could find someone better than her.

 

“Why do you like me? I’m blind, you know that right? I’m not good for you. I’m sure there is a lot of girls out there suits for you,” Destiny doesn’t want HongKi wasting his time with someone like her.

 

“Yes, there a lot of girls out there who likes me but for me you are interesting. Don’t ask me why as I also don’t know the answer but every time I look at the pictures, I feel something different. The feelings that I never felt in my life,”

 

Destiny stay silent. Could she believe his words? Is he really like her on he just want to play with her heart?

 

HongKi said again. “We don’t have to be together right away. We could get know to each other first. I won’t push you if you don’t want,”

 

Destiny thinks for a while. It seems like HongKi is sincere and all his words are true. Maybe this is the time for her to find her own happiness like JangMi said. Maybe Hongki is her match made from heaven. But suddenly Destiny is laughing. Match made in heaven? Such a rubbish. This is pure co-incidental that she meeting HongKi here.

 

Hongki tilts his head when he saw Destiny laughing. “ Are you okay?”

 

Destiny smiles and nodded her head. HongKi smiles too. Then he said, “Friends?” while holding out his hand.

 

“Friends,” Destiny smiles. HongKi grabs Destiny’s hand and make her shakes hand with him. Destiny laughs.

 

“I know it’s quite late but Happy Valentine,” Hongki said.

 

Destiny smiles again. “Happy Valentine, HongKi sshi,”

 

Then they decide to walk around the park. Suddenly HongKi saw a woman behind the tree near them. The woman looks quite young and she is very fair. She looks like she was glowing. HongKi rubs his eyes. Could it be that an angel? That woman saw HongKi and winks. HongKi suprises and rubs his eyes again. But when he opens his eyes, that woman already gone. He wondered who that woman was. Maybe that woman is the one who helping Destiny just now?

 

“Well, who ever you are, Angel, Cupid, Fairy Godmother or even worst, a ghost, thanks for helping me,” HongKi muttered.

 

“Who are you talking to?” Destiny asked.

 

“Err..No one. Just talking to myself. Let’s go now. It’s getting dark here,”

 

They both walking together with Nuri accompany them. They walk towards the sunset while talking about weird things happen around them.

THE END

_______________________________________________________________________

*p/s: I'm so sorry this one-shot come so late. My life been so hectic right now. I hope you enjoyed reading this, Cindy. I hope this one-shot turn out like you want. If it's not, I say sorry in advance. To the other readers, hope you enjoyed this too.