From The Beginning

Midnight Illusions Collection of Short Stories

Story for Sailorroxy

Written by Iefa_San

@http://midnight-illusionsx.blogspot.com/

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

FROM THE BEGINNING

“My doll! Give me back my doll!” a little girl running chasing a black dog. Apparently the dog was biting her doll and ran away with it. The little girl chasing from behind but the dog was too fast. Suddenly, she fell on the road. Her right knee was bleeding. The little girl wanted to stand up and chasing the dog but she was hurt pretty bad. So, she was crying on the street.

 

Suddenly, a shadow was blocking her way. The little girl looked up. There was a little boy around her age holding out her doll to her. The little girl confused, tilting her head while looking at the boy. The little boy squatted down. He was checking the girl’s condition.  He held out the doll to the little girl and she took it. Then, the little boy helped her to stand up. He walked her home but the little girl was crying along the way. When they arrived at the little girl home, the little boy tried to comfort her. He fixed her dress and cleaned up the dirt for her.

 

“Don’t cry,” the little boy finally said something.

 

The little cry tried to stop crying to show her thankfulness to that boy. But her sobs still can be heard. The little boy tried to ease the little girl again.

 

“I just move here. My name is Kibum Kim. I’m 6 years old,”

 

“My..My name is Rachel Porter. I’m 5 years old.” The little girl finally spoke something.

 

The little boy nodded. “You know where I live?”

 

The little girl nodded. She was holding her doll tightly.

 

“Thank you,” The little girl said, almost whispering.

 

That little boy gladly smiled and said “You’re welcome,”

 

“I just move here. So, I don’t have any friend. Can I be friend with you?” The little boy looked up at the little girl.

 

She nodded. He smiled and held out his hand. The little girl hesitant at first but she accepted his hand. The little boy smile again.

 

*********************

 

“Kibum! Why you bring her! She’s a girl!” A boy said to Kibum when he saw Kibum walk with a girl in their playground.

 

The girl heard and sticks out her tongue. She was so mad whenever she heard she can’t join whenever the boys playing together.

 

“I can’t leave her. She’s my friend,” Kibum said to his friends.

“Fine, but she can’t play with us. She has just to sit there and do not disturb us,” A boy named Kevin was talking to Kibum.

 

“You can’t told me if I can’t play or not. You are not my parents!” The girl, Rachel step ahead to Kevin. It’s very annoying for her when she was told like that.

 

“Enough. Don’t fight or we gonna be kick off from this playground again,” A boy name Alexander. He looked a little older then all of them.

 

But, Kevin still felt unsatisfied. He really hates Rachel because she always with Kibum wherever they go. He felt that very annoying and Rachel is a spoilt girl.

 

“If you are so tough, come on and play against us!” Kevin smirking.

 

“Okay! Come on!” Rachel accepted Kevin’s challenge.

 

They will be playing Dodgeball. Rachel and Kibum are in same team along with several boys and they will be playing against Kevin’s team.

 

After several minutes playing, Team Kevin won the game and Rachel end up crying because she was hurt quite badly. She was just 7 years old but these boys playing rough on her.  Kibum was comforting her while and Kevin and his team mocking Rachel crying. Kibum was furious when he heard his friends mocking Rachel. He jumped on Kevin and they started to fight, again. Before this, Kibum and Kevin were fighting at the same place for the same reason. Kevin will mock Rachel while Kibum stood up for her.

 

Alexander, being the oldest tried to resolve the fighting. He asked them to stop before a parent saw this. They will be grounded if some of the parents reported this.

 

“I told you! I don’t like you bringing her here! She will end up crying! I hate when she’s crying. It’s annoying!” Kevin yelled while some of the boys tried to pull him from Kibum.

 

“Yeah, if you still bring her and she starts to cry again, we won’t let you join us,” one of the boys name Eli said it.

 

Rachel stopped crying. She doesn’t want Kibum to be exile from his friends because of her. She stood up and wipes her eyes.

 

“Who said I’m crying! I am not and will never be!” She stuck out her tongue.

 

“You said that but you will be crying in the end!” Kevin sneered back.

 

“If I said I will not then I will not!” Rachel screamed at him.

 

“Enough. Kibum, you take Rachel to clean her cut. Kevin, if you again, I will tell mom about this!” Alex finally took some action. He feeling this might be out of control again. Alexander and Kevin are brothers. They already were grounded when Kevin and Kibum fight last time. Kevin snapped at Alex and growled.

 

******************

 

“Yes Mr Kim, would you like some tea? Or you prefer coffee?” Rachel said to Kibum.

 

“Tea is fine, Miss Porter,” Kibum hold out his cup.

 

Rachel smiled and pretending pouring some tea in his cup. “How about you, Mr. Bubbles? Would you like a cup of tea too?” Rachel asked her doll.

 

Kibum looked at the inanimate doll. They both pretend to wait for hear the doll to answer.

 

“I think he wants it too! This tea is delicious, I must say, Miss Porter,” Kibum smiled while showing his cup to Rachel.

 

“Oh Thank You Mr Kim! I hope you enjoy attending this party,” Rachel bowed and smiled.

 

Rachel and Kibum continue playing together. They were in tea party hosted by Rachel. Even though this thing is quite ridiculous but Kibum still play it. He was dressed up in a Victorian suit and it’s quite hot to wear in summer but he said nothing.

 

Kibum and the boys are okay now because Rachel stopped crying even though the boys were always teasing her. Even though sometimes Kibum already planned to play with his friends but whenever Rachel called him to attend her tea party, he always will show up and play along no matter how ridiculous the party can go. He attended all Rachel’s tea parties whenever he was asked too.

 

Many years have passed by. They were both teenagers right now. Kibum was 18 and Rachel was 17 but they still best friend to each other. They will always find some time to hang out together. They love the feeling, when the world is just the two of them inside.

 

And then it happened. Their first time being ‘together’. It happened when Rachel and Kibum hang out at the back of her house. There was a small hut in her backyard. They lie down on the floor and watching the stars while talking about their past and future. Next thing they know, their lips met and their bodies unite and become one.

 

Since that day, Rachel and Kibum were rarely talking. Kibum felt bad because he thought that he should not take advantages on Rachel. He should be responsible since he is Rachel’s best friend. It was Rachel ‘first time’ and he thought he ruined it for Rachel. As for Rachel, she felt confused. She felt even more confused when Kibum did not talk to her anymore. But she thought this maybe for the best. They were having like an unspoken agreement to not talk about that night. Rachel was afraid that Kibum might get into trouble since she was still under aged. But both of them didn’t know that they both like each other. They both felt in love with each other when they grown into teenagers. When Kibum started to look Rachel like a woman and not like a little girl he used to know. Rachel felt the same way too. She realized she in love with Kibum when she can not through one day without seeing Kibum or hearing his voices.

 

Until one day Rachel found out she was pregnant. She already felt something different with her body but she kept denying it. She bought a pregnancy test and praying it would not turn positive. But it was too late. She was indeed pregnant. Being pregnant in such young age make Rachel more confused. She didn’t know what she should do. Should she tell her parents? Should she tell Kibum? Or should she abort this baby? Rachel ran away from home. She didn’t want anybody get into trouble because of her.

 

Kibum was so shocked when he heard Rachel ran away from home. He wondered if it’s was about him? Is it related about that night? Is Rachel was too disappointed on him? He searched for her everywhere. Every time he heard someone saw Rachel at that place he will go there. But Rachel was nowhere can be found. Kibum was too heart broken, he drunk himself with alcohol. He regretted that he never confessed to Rachel. It must be something happen to Rachel and Kibum thought he failed to help her. He was too disappointed with himself. His best friend, Alexander who he knew since child tried to advice him. He tried to make Kibum felt lively again by hired him at his company. Alex opened a game software company with his other two friends. Kibum was hired as a game designer. Kibum poured down all his energy to focus on his career. That way he will never thinks about Rachel day and night. But that was he thought.

 

After Rachel ran away from home, she went to her friend’s home, Jessica at another town. There, she lived with Jessica until she give birth a baby boy. Rachel named his as Skyler Marshall Grey. She put Kim as his family name. After several months, Rachel decided to go back at her home town. Rachel heard that Kibum already pursued his career at another state. Rachel felt happy for Kibum but at the same time she felt sad. She knew she will never see him again. But Rachel thought maybe this for the best for them. Jessica decided to follow her.

 

Rachel moved to a small town. It was near to her old home town. There, she wrote novels and Jessica works at local store. Rachel felt so grateful that Jessica was with her every time. One day, a publisher company called Rachel. They was interested to publish her novels after Rachel send them some copy of her works. After Rachel’s novels were published, it became best-sell book at every book store. Rachel makes a lot of money from her novels. But she still works as librarian at the local library for part time. Her love with books can never be separated. Since then, her life was easier. She got a son who she loves so much and a friend who will look up for her whenever she feels down. She still visits her parents sometime. Rachel could not ask for more. She feels she have everything… except her first and true love, Kibum.

 

“Rachel…. Rachel?”

 

Rachel was staring outside the window. It’s already night and it’s raining outside. She didn’t hear Jessica is calling for her.

 

“Rachel, are you okay?” Jessica touched Rachel’s shoulder.

 

Rachel jerks. She looks at Jessica.

 

“Oh, sorry. I was thinking about something,” Rachel fixed her position on the couch. She is facing Jessica who is sit down next to her.

 

“What are you thinking about?” Jessica looks outside the window. She searched something that Rachel might look at before.

 

“I was thinking how everything began,”

 

“Everything? You mean…”

 

Rachel sighs. “You know I love Skyler so much that I literally do anything to protect him… but I was wondering what would happen if that night never happen. Not that I regret it. It was wonderful for me. But did you think he and me will be together if I confess to him that I like him?”

 

Jessica smile weakly. She holds Rachel’s hand. “I understand how you feel but he was your past. You should look forward to your future not going back to your past. If you both really meant to be, it will be. If not, you should move on and live your life,”

 

Rachel didn’t say anything. She already tried to find another man. She tried to love him but she couldn’t. It was not the same feeling like she has for Kibum. She still feel the same about Kibum. She tried many times to forget about him but everytime she see Skyler, he would remind her about Kibum. Skyler looks like Kibum when he was a child.

 

Skyler often asked why his family name is Kim not Porter, like her. Rachel was having hard time to explain. She wanted to say that Kim Kibum is his father but she doesn’t know how to explain it. She could only say one day, he will know the reason. He once asked who his father is and Rachel was speechless. Jessica tried to help by explained that Skyler’s father is far from here. Rachel was too shocked by Skyler question and she suddenly cried. She knew the day will come when Skyler will ask about his father but she never thought it was so soon. Skyler is a smart boy, indeed. Like his parents. When he saw his mother’s eyes teary whenever he asked about his father, he stopped asking. He love his mommy so much, he don’t want to hurt her.

 

“It’s already five years, huh,” Jessica still watching outside the window.

 

Rachel smile. “Yeah, it was so fast. I still think that Skyler is still a baby. I still could feel his warm inside my arm. Now he is 5 years old soon. I never thought this day will come,”

 

“Yeah, next week is his birthday! I totally forgot. Hurm, what I should buy for him,” Jessica tilt her head.

 

“You don’t have anything, Jess. You are here is already enough for us. I couldn’t ask for more. I’m so grateful that I have a wonderful friend like you,” Rachel’s eyes sarting to get teary. She hugs Jessica tightly.

 

“Don’t say like that, Rachel. I’m happy to be here. You know I have no where else to go. I’m an orphan. You and Skyler are my family now,” Jessica starting to cry too.

 

Suddenly, Skyler walks into the room. He quickly hugs her mom and her favourite aunt, Jessica.

 

“Why are you both crying? Is it because of me?” Skyler wiped Rachel’s and Jessica tears.

 

“No, we were just so happy that we cried, honey,” Rachel hugged Skyler and put him on her lap.

 

“What are you happy about?” Skyler asked his mommy again.

 

“We are happy because it’s your birthday soon! We are planning to do a birthday party. What do you think, Skyler?” Rachel asked while Skyler’s hair.

 

“I don’t want party. I wanna celebrate it like before. Just me, mommy and Aunt Jess,” Skyler looked at his mommy.

 

“Really? You don’t want any birthday party? Are you sure?” Jessica asked him.

 

“Um!” Skyler nodded his head. He smiles and hugs Rachel. Jessica didn’t want to left alone so she hugs them, making Skyler in between them. They end up teasing each other and laughing all night.

 

************************************

 

“Kibum… Kibum?” A tall guy standing besides of Kibum.

 

Kibum could not hear because he is wearing headphone. That tall guy get pretty annoyed and snapping his fingers in front of Kibum face.

 

“Oh, Alexander. Sorry, I was sketching the characters for our new game. What’s the matter?” Kibum takes out his headphone.

 

Alexander takes a good look on Kibum. He was looking at Kibum from head to toe. “How long since you go back home?”

 

“Huh?” Kibum confused.

 

“I think I’ve been seeing you everyday here. You are practically been living here, in this office. You sleep here, you eat here, and you even shower here! So, what is you apartment use for? Look at those eye bags! If I didn’t know you, I might think you as a drug addict,” Alexander is giving Kibum his long lectures again.

 

“You are the boss then you should know why! We have new game to be launched. I have to work extra hard since I was the project leader,” Kibum looks annoyed when Alexander had been asking about his work.

 

“Project leader should be supervised! Not doing all the work! Leave it to our other game designer. We hired them to help you!”

 

“They are still new in this thing. Their work is not neat. All their sample did not satisfied me. So, I was helping them by touching up their characters design. That’s all,” Kibum showed Alexander to his computer.

 

“You are not touching up their works but you create another character designs! Enough, Kibum. Listen to yourself. You like desperately need to work whenever you open your eyes. You become a workaholic! Listen to me. You need some time out,” Alexander touched Kibum shoulder.

 

“Nope, I’m fine. I’m not a workaholic. I just good with my work,” Kibum is mad and he look back at his computer.

 

“Fine, you want me to do the hard way. As the biggest share holder and your boss AND your friend, I’m suspended you from working for two weeks!” Alexander think he had to do this. It’s the only way he can help Kibum to think about other thing in his life.

 

“What? You can’t suspend me now! I still have many projects to do!” Kibum stands up from his seat.

 

“Leave it to the others. For now, you must take a holiday. Look at yourself Kibum. You have been too preoccupied with your work, you didn’t even think about your real life. It was my fault too. I pulled you from your hometown and gave you a job. I thought I was helping you out from your misery. I never thought you handle the problems in a wrong way. You turn into workaholic so that you will not have to deal with the real world,”

 

Kibum stay silent. He was speechless. It’s true, what Alexander have said. He makes himself busy with works so that he doesn’t have to think about anything else. About Rachel to be precise. Kibum sits down. He had a long thinking before he finally speaks.

 

“I guess you are right, Alexander. I was in a world on of my own. I never thought of it until you mentioned it now. But where I should go? I already think this place is my home,” Kibum looked at Alexander again.

 

“I think you should go back to your real home, our home town. Where everything began,”

 

“Our home town?”

 

***********************

 

Kibum takes a walk at the near playground. He takes a deep breath and closes his eyes. It was so good to back home, he thought. He smiles when he saw the children playing around. This place brings back memories. He always played here with his friends. Suddenly Kibum chuckles. He remembered that all his guy friends hate him whenever he brought Rachel to the playground. Rachel will end up crying whenever they all playing. Kibum will punch whoever making fun of Rachel crying. He remembered he fought a lot with Kevin, Alexander younger brother. Kevin is working at the same company too. But he was at another branch.

 

Kibum sits down on a bench near the slide. He was looking at all the children who are running around. His eyes caught on a boy. Kibum looks at the teddy bear that he was holding. The teddy bear really looks like Mr. Bubbles, Rachel’s favourite doll. Even though it was long ago but Kibum will never forget Mr. Bubbles because it was the beginning of everything. He got to know Rachel because of Mr. Bubbles.

 

Kibum lost in his memories. All the good things keep replaying in his head just like a movie. Maybe it was a bad idea to go back here. It makes Kibum realize how much he missed Rachel. Everything, every thing in this town makes him thinking about Rachel. When he back to his home, he looked at Rachel’s house which is across from his house. He wanted to go there. He wanted to ask Mr. and Mrs. Porter if they know where Rachel is. But Kibum thinks he shouldn’t. If they really wanted Kibum to know, they will already let him know. Kibum thought Rachel must be telling her parents to not tell where she is to him. Rachel must happily live her life at some place. Kibum know one day he should finally let it go. Maybe this is the time.

 

“Mister… Mister, are you alright?” A boy come and shakes Kibum’s shoulder.

 

Kibum jerks when he was shaked. He turns his face to that boy. It’s the boy who holding Mr.Bubbles.

 

“I’m okay. Thanks for asking,” Kibum pats that boy’s head. “What is your name?”

 

“Skyler. Skyler Marshall Grey,” That boy smiles.

 

“Skyler? Hurm… You got a nice name,” Kibum smiles too.

 

“Yes. Everyone told me that. My mom named me,” Skyler nodded his head.

 

Kibum looks at the doll that Skyler been holding. “Can I take a look at your doll?”

 

“Yeah, Sure. It was my grandpa gives it to me,” Skyler hold out the doll.

 

Kibum take a good look at it. Is it Mr.Bubbles? But this doll looks a bit different. Like it was modified. Maybe he was imagining things. He gives it back to Skyler.

 

“Skyler! Skyler! Come on, let’s go! Your grandpa and grandma are waiting!” Jessica shouts for Skyler.

 

Skyler quickly stands up. Kibum looks at Jessica. “It must be her mother,” Kibum thought.

 

“I must go now Mister. Grandpa and grandma already waiting for me. They will cook my favourite dishes tonight and we gonna watch movies together!” Skyler said happily.

 

“Okay, Skyler. Nice to meet you,” Kibum ruffles Skyler’s hair. Skyler waves at him and running toward Jessica but suddenly he stops halfway and run back to Kibum.

 

“What is your name, Mister? I already told mine, you should tell yours!”

 

Kibum chuckles. This boy is smart, he thought.

 

“My name is Kim Kibum,”

 

*****************

 

The front door creaks open. Skyler and Jessica get into the house. Rachel is preparing dinner with her mother, Mrs. Porter. While Mr. Porter helps to set up the table. Rachel will go to her parents’ house every Friday. It’s become traditions when she first came back to this house. Rachel explained everything, about Skyler, about Kibum and about Jessica.

 

Mr. and Mrs. Porter could not say anything. They were just grateful that their daughter is doing fine. They even felt happier when they got an adorable grandson even though Mrs. Porter always joked around that she was too young to be having a grandson. When Skyler heard it, he will be sulking and ran at the small hut of their backyard. Rachel has to tell him that his grandma was just joking and she will treat him a lollipop.

 

“Let me help you, Grandpa!” Skyler running toward Mr. Porter. Mr. Porter gives spoons and forks to Skyler. Skyler climbs the chair and carefully puts the spoons and forks it on the table. Jessica went to the kitchen and helps Rachel.

 

After they all had their dinner, they gather in front of TV. They decided to watch “Toy Story 3’ this night. Mr. Porter and Mrs. Porter were forced by Skyler to watch it. Toy Story was my all time favourite movie, Skyler said to them. Mr. and Mrs. Porter laugh. It was your mother’s favourite movie to when she was younger, they said.

 

“Really, mommy?” Skyler turns his head to Rachel and asked her with his big eyes. Rachel smiles and nods.

 

When they were watching Toy Story 3, Rachel suddenly remembered the day when she was child. She remembered watching the first Toy Story with Kibum at his house. Rachel looks at the outside of the window. She takes a glance at Kibum’s house across the street. She missed him so much but she doesn’t want to meet him. She doesn’t want Kibum to see her. If she can, she just wants to watch Kibum from afar. Just for her to know that he’s been doing well.

 

“Mommy, Mommy! At the playground today, I meet someone strange. He looks so sad. I wanted to help him but I don’t know what I should do,” Skyler suddenly said.

 

“Skyler, I already told you not to talk with strangers!” Rachel feeling conscious. She loves Skyler so much, she doesn’t even want to think something bad happen to her son.

 

“No, Mommy! He is nice! I told my name is Skyler and he told his name his Kim Kibum. He has the same family name with me,”

 

“Kim Kibum???!!”

 

*******************

 

Rachel takes a walk at the nearest park from her home. She often walks here when she wants to get some ideas for her novels. This time she wants to feel the fresh air and stop thinking about her problems. But she couldn’t. She keeps remembering when Skyler told her he met a man name Kim Kibum.

 

So, he back to this town, Rachel keeps thinking. But is it the Kim Kibum she knew? Or is it was just a co incident that that person name is Kim Kibum? But there is not a lot of Koreans in this place. Rachel keeps walking while her mind running thinking about Kibum, until she bumped into someone.

 

“I’m so sorry, Miss. Are you okay?” That man helping Rachel to stand up. Rachel fell when she was bumped into him.

 

“I’m okay, It’s fine,” Rachel dust off her clothes. Suddenly Rachel’s body trembles when her eyes meet the man. It’s Kim Kibum. The man she was longing in her sleeps, dreams and reality.

 

“Kibum!” Rachel was shrieking. She was too surprised and she regretted how she sound just now.

 

“Rachel!” Kibum looks like he was speechless too. They both staring each other for several minutes without saying anything.

 

“Er, My house is nearby. So, why don’t we have a cup of coffee there?” Rachel finally speaks.

 

“Oh.. Okay. Sure,” Kibum scratched his not-itchy head.

 

They walk together to Rachel house but they still remain silent. Rachel opens the door and welcome Kibum’s in.

 

“I’ll go to the kitchen. You can sit there. Makes yourself at home,” She smiles and quickly dashes off to the kitchen.

 

Kibum looks around the house. This house looks so cozy. Kibum walks to a wall nearby. It were photos were hanging. Then he saw a photo of Skyler. Then he saw another photo of Rachel, Jessica and Skyler in between. So, that boy lives here with his mom? Kibum thought. He still thinks that Jessica is Skyler’s mother.

 

Rachel walks in the room carrying a tray. She puts the tray on the coffee table. She takes out a cup and puts in on a saucer. Then she pours down some tea.

 

“Sorry, We ran out of coffee,” Rachel pours tea into her cup.

 

“It’s okay. I always like your tea,” Kibum unconsciously said it. Rachel is blushing when she heard it.

 

“Where is Skyler?” Kibum suddenly asked?

 

“Huh?”

 

Kibum pointed at Skyler’s photo on the wall. Rachel doesn’t know what to say. Does he know that Skyler is his son?

 

“Is he going out with his mother?” Kibum asked again.

 

“Huh? His mother?”

 

“Yeah, the women in that photo. She is Skyler’s mother right?” Kibum was pointing at a photo of Rachel, Jessica and Skyler together in it.

 

Rachel suddenly remembered. Yesterday, she asked Jessica to accompany Skyler to the playground because she had to help with dinner. Kibum must be thought Jessica is Skyler’s mother. Rachel feels anxious. Should she tell the truth?

 

“She is not Skyler’s mother. I… I am his mother. That woman is Jessica. She’s my best friend,” Rachel looks down on the floor.

 

Kibum stop sipping his tea. Then he looks at Rachel and puts down his cup on the table. He silent for couple second and said, “I see. How old is he?” He tried to pretend he is happy. But he is not. He thought Rachel already found someone else and got married.

 

“He’s five years old,” Rachel still did not dare to look at Kibum.

 

“When did you get married? You don’t even invite me,” Kibum tried to making a casual conversation even though his throat already feels like it’s stuck.

 

“I… I never get married,”

 

Kibum opens his mouth to say something but suddenly he closes it. He tried to swallow Rachel’s words and put it all together. He began to calculate all those years. It’s was 6 years ago when Rachel ran away and Rachel had Skyler 5 years ago.

 

“Is Skyler is my son?” Kibum slips out the questions.

 

Rachel did not speak anything. She stays silent and still looks down on the floor. Then she nods. She is crying when she looks at Kibum’s face.

 

Kibum was so surprised; he could feel a cold zap from his head down to his knees. He had a son but he never knew about it. He suddenly feels angry. For five years Rachel had been keeping a secret from him. And it’s not a little secret. He has a son that if never met if he didn’t go back to his hometown.

 

“Why are keeping him from me? Why you didn’t tell me that you were pregnant that time? Do you hate me so much? Why Rachel? Why?” Kibum’s voice pitching up. He tried to control his emotion. He tried to not yell at Rachel.

 

Rachel continues crying. She shakes her head when Kibum speaks. “No! It’s not like that! I was confused that time! After that night, you stay away from me. I was confused why you did that. But I think it was better because you could get into trouble if my parents knew about it. They could report about you because I’m still under aged at that time.”

 

She continue explaining, “When I found out I was pregnant, I didn’t know that to do. I don’t want everyone is in trouble because of me. I had to run away and went to Jessica. She is a friend who I know from the internet. She lives with her aunt. She helped me a lot to get through this. After I gave birth to Skyler, I decided to move to this town back when I heard you already move to another state to pursue your career. That way I think, we will never meet. Jessica decided to follow me and help me out.

 

Kibum hold his hand together. He tried very hard not to get too furious. But he is indeed mad.

 

“You know what happen when I heard you ran away? I felt my life crumbled. I tried to search for you. I wanted to tell you that I love you. I knew I was guilty because I didn’t say it earlier. But why you didn’t tell me that you were pregnant? Do you think I will not be responsible?”

 

“No, I know you will be responsible. I knew you since child. You are very nice. But I wanted you to be with me because you love me, not because of the baby. I don’t know that you feel the same way as I feel. I love you since forever! Only God know how much I love you. If I knew… If I knew,” Rachel was sobbing. Her face was soaked with her own tears.

 

Kibum rushes and hugs Rachel tightly. He kisses Rachel’s head. “I’m so sorry. I should tell you. I wanted to but I’m afraid if you turn me down, it will ruin our friendship. I don’t want that to be happening. I treasure our friendship so much,”

 

Rachel nods. She feels the same way too. Rachel buried her face on Kibum’s chest and cried louder. She hugs Kibum tightly like she always does in her dreams. Now, she’s not dreaming anymore. This Kibum is real, not her imagination.

 

Kibum take a look at Rachel. He cupped her face with his hand. “We are both silly. We practically grew up together, that is why we think alike,”

 

Rachel chuckles. She slaps Kibum’s chest slowly.

 

“I missed you. I missed you so much. I always dream about you every night. Now, you are really here, in front of me and I will never let you go again,” Kibum hugs Rachel back. Then he releases it and caresses Rachel face. He looks at her eyes and they kiss. Kibum kiss Rachel deeply and Rachel hangs her hand around Kibum’s neck.

 

“I never had the chance to say this before but I’m gonna say it now. I love you Kim Kibum,”

 

“and I love you too, Rachel Porter. My love, my best friend and my all,”

 

*******************

 

“Blow the candles, Skyler! Don’t forget to make a wish!” Kibum said. He hugs Skyler from behind and puts him on a chair.

 

Rachel is bringing out the cake from the kitchen with Jessica. Mr. and Mrs. Porter start to sing ‘Happy Birthday’. Rachel already explained every thing to her parents. She is so thankful that her parents can accept her decisions and welcome Kibum into the family. Well, how could they not since they know Kibum since he was a child. Rachel feels so happy. Right now she couldn’t ask for more. She got an adorable son, a loyal friend, an understanding parents and a perfect love for her. She is so thankful to God that she has the chance to feel this happiness.

 

When the day Kibum found out Skyler’s is his son, Rachel decided to tell Skyler the truth. That his daddy is still alive and his name is Kim Kibum. Skyler is indeed a smart boy. He quickly hugged Kibum and calling him ‘Daddy’ without Rachel even finished explaining. He was so happy that he can call someone daddy. He grew fond to Kibum each day. Kibum seems love Skyler so much and will go visit him every day at Rachel’s house.

 

Skyler is closing his eyes and then he blows the candle. Every one clapping and kiss Skyler. They are all shoving the gifts to him. Skyler say thank you and feeds them a piece of cake.

 

“What did you asked for, Skyler?” Jessica suddenly asked.

 

“I wish that Mommy and Daddy will be together forever. I also wish that me, mommy, daddy, Aunt Jess, GrandPa and GrandMa will be together and celebrates my birthday every year,”

 

Rachel quickly hugs Skyler. She was so touched by her son’s wishes. Suddenly Kibum speaks,

 

“Since Skyler already made that wish, I wanna make it happen,” Kibum takes out something from his pocket and bend down. He is standing on one knee.

 

“Rachel Porter, will you marry me?”

 

“Yes Kibum! I will! For today, tomorrow and for ever…”

 

THE END

___________________________________________________________________________________________

**Hello! This is Iefa_San! This story is for Sailorroxy.. I hope you like it.. Sorry it was late.. ><'' To the other readers, I hope you enjoy reading this and don't forget to comment please!! Thanks!!!