At The First Time

Midnight Illusions Collection of Short Stories

Story for Eun AeRa

Written by Iefa_San

@http://midnight-illusionsx.blogspot.com/

________________________________________________________________________________

At The First Time

 

“Class, we have new student today,” Mrs Park, the homeroom teacher for 3-2 class making an announcement. She nodded at the student outside the class and calling her to come in. Then she asked her to introduce herself.

“He-Hello… My name is Eun AeRa, you can call me AeRa,” that girl almost stuttered.

All the people in the class stared at her. Some of them said hello back and some of them just look at her.

“Thanks, AeRa. You can sit next to… Ethan,” Mrs.Park pointing at the empty seat besides a boy.

Aera bowed and walked to her seat. She draw her chair and said hello to the boy next to her but he didn’t reply. His eyes look bored and he just stared at blackboard. AeRa take a good look at the boy. He did not look like a Korean to her. His skin is radiant. She glared at his nametag.

‘Ethan Calago’.

The famous Calago family? How come an heir of Calago family studied here? At an ordinary school? Don’t they have to go to a special school or something? They sure can afford it. They are Calago, famous for their hotels and restaurant. AeRa glared at him again and examined his face but suddenly Ethan turned his head at AeRa. She was shocked and quickly looked in front, pretending look at Mrs.Park who was teaching in front.

“See anything interesting?”

“Huh?”

“Don’t pretend like you don’t know. You have been eyeing on me for couple minutes. So, see anything that interests you?” Ethan stared boringly at AeRa.

“Oh…Urm.. You..don’t look like a Korean to me,” AeRa said, almost whispered.

“Is it a crime?”

“No.. no.. that is not what I meant,” she said.

AeRa wanted to explain more but Mrs.Park already asked them to open their book and start to copy notes. Ethan said nothing and starting to write on his notebook. AeRa opened her book and start to copy too.

********************

“Hello! My name is Shin JangMi but you can call me JangMi. I’m the head of this class. Welcome to our class!” a girl name JangMi held out her hand to AeRa.

“Er..My name is AeRa. Nice to meet you, JangMi-sshi,” AeRa tried to smile.

JangMi shake her hand. “Just tell me if you need anything, okay?”

Aera nodded. Suddenly the bell rings. It was lunch time. All the students went out from the class and started to walk to the cafeteria. JangMi offered to show AeRa where the cafeteria is and they walked together.

After buy their lunch, JangMi asked AeRa to join her and her friend’s table. AeRa just nodded and followed JangMi.

“Guys, this is AeRa. She is new, so be nice to her, okay?” JangMi put her tray on the table.

AeRa bowed at them and take her seat besides JangMi.

“These are Hyuna and Jonghyun,” JangMi introduced them to AeRa.

“These are Minho and Naeul,”

“and that boy is Seunghyun,”

All of them waved and smiled at her.

“Hyuna, Naeul and Seunghyun are in the same class with us, Jonghyun and Minho are in the next class,” JangMi explained.

AeRa nodded. Suddenly, her eyes caught a glimpse of Ethan at a table not far from them. She stared at him who was taking lunch with his friends. JangMi saw AeRa was staring at Ethan.

“That’s Ethan Calago. Oh, I forgot. You sit next to him,”

“Really? I thought he never want a sitting partner. I always thought he bought that tables and chairs for him alone and ordered the teacher never asked anyone to sit beside him,” Jonghyun said while munching his bread.

“Silly, this is public school not private. Here, students must listen to teacher not the other way around,” Hyuna arguing with Jonghyun.

“So, he is really a Calago?” Aera suddenly asked.                                                                                

“Yes, he is really from the infamous and well-known Calago, the owner of several five stars hotel and restaurant in Korea,” JangMi nodded.

“Why is he studying here? Should a guy like him be studying in private school?” AeRa asked again.

“I don’t know but I heard he said to Mrs.Park the reason why is because this school is near from his house. But I don’t think that is the reason” JangMi drank her orange juice.

“Maybe he is planning something… something evil,” Naeul suddenly speak.

“Naeul, it is impolite to accuse someone,” Minho advising Naeul. Naeul pouted and continue to eat.

AeRa start to eat while glancing at Ethan. Suddenly, Ethan looks at her directly. AeRa shocked and almost choked with her bread. She is coughing before swallowing her bread. She quickly drank her juice and never looks at Ethan’s direction. Seunghyun, who was sitting in front of her asking if she is alright. AeRa just nodded and said she alright.

The bell rings. Students walk lazily out from the cafeteria and went to their own classroom. AeRa, JangMi, Hyuna, Naeul, Jonghyun,Minho and Seunghyun standing up from their seat and put their tray on a container. Jonghyun and Minho waved at them and walk to their class. They will be meeting again after school. JangMi, AeRa, Naeul, Hyuna and Seunghyun walked together to their classroom. They were chatting and suddenly JangMi pat her forehead.

“Oh my god! I forgot! Mrs.Park wants me to meet her during lunch! She wanted to discuss about our class. I totally forgot. You think I can make it if I go now?”

“I don’t know, but you better go now before she starts teaching,” Naeul said.

“Then, you two follow me now,” JangMi pointing at Naeul and Hyuna.

“Eh, why we have to go?”

“Because you are the vice leader and my assistant,” she said and Naeul, “and you are the class secretary,” she said and Hyuna. “Come on! Let’s go!” They start running and suddenly JangMi stop. She yelled at AeRa and Seunghyun.

“Seunghyun, you walked with AeRa okay? Take care of her! See you guys!”

AeRa just stand there, confused of what just happen. Looks like all the girls in this school are very energetic, she tought.

“AeRa, you okay?” Seunghyun suddenly asked.

“Oh, I’m okay. Let’s go,” AeRa tried to smile.

They both walk together. AeRa felt like this is one of the most awkward moments in her life. She wants to say something but nothing came out from .  Aera is not really good making friends with boys.

“Why you always glaring at Ethan?” Seunghyun suddenly asked.

“Huh?” AeRa startled by his question.

“I noticed you always look at him. At class and at the cafeteria. Do you know him?’

“No… it just.. I never thought someone like him will be my seat mate,”

“Someone like him? Like what?”

“Er… rich and famous? Besides he looks different from us.. But not in weird way,” AeRa doesn’t know how to explain it. She can’t say that she was amazed by Ethan’s look. People will think she is easy.

They finally arrived at their class. They both take their own seat. Seunghyun is sitting at the next row of AeRa’s. When Aera was seated, Ethan looking at her. Aera trying very hard not to look at him. She could feel her cheeks burning. Suddenly, JangMi, Hyuna and Naeul enters the class.

“People of 3-2 Kingdom. Today, Mr. Kim has taking a sick leave so we have a free period today!” JangMi announced.

All of the people in the class cheered. AeRa smiles when she heard of JangMi’s weird announcement.

“But, I wanna use this free time to discuss about our class,” JangMi said.

Some of them scowling. They thought they could use this free time to chat or sleep. JangMi pretends that she did not hear their scowling. She opens her notebook and asked Hyuna to write something on the blackboard.

“As you all know, every class must prepare something for this upcoming School’s Open Day. So, Mrs.Park, our class teacher wants us to make a plays. All of you must participate in this plays. You guys must be the actors or working back stage. No one can withdraw in this project.” JangMi said again.

All the girls in this class clapping but the boys were making noises. Some of them like the idea, some of them don’t. For Ethan, he doesn’t even care. AeRa, confused and nervous because she is still new. She’s hoping to be pick as a crew.

“So, I want to choose the actors and actresses first. I know, the people of 3-2 Kingdom are all ‘talented and willing’ to be in this plays,” JangMi said this in a very sarcastic way. “So, I have 2 suggestions. You want to me choose by myself or you want me to random pick someone name in this box?”

“Pick someone name in the box!” A boy name Daesung yelled. “Because you will choose yourself as the lead actress if we let you choose yourself,”

The class roared with laughter. JangMi looks angry but she is still calm. “Don’t worry, I will not be the heroine. I am the director of this plays. Mrs.Park has given me the power to choose the actors and actresses by myself. So, think again before you talked. I might choose you as the main actor,” JangMi gives a death glare at Daesung.

The class become silent again. Many of them did not want to be the actors. Especially the boys. They all think this is stupid. Moreover they think they will play romantic story.

“So, I will choose the hero first,” JangMi picked a piece of paper in the box. Then, she showed to Naeul and Hyuna. They both nodded and Hyuna is writing on the blackboard.

“The hero is... Ethan Calago,’ JangMi showed the paper to the class.

Some of the girls giggle. Seems like they had been hoping this to be happen. Ethan, who was chatting with his friends, turns his head at JangMi and mouthed “No!”

JangMi pretends like she did not see that. She knows that Ethan will not accept it so she proceeds to choose the heroine. Some of Ethan’s friend were laughing and tapping his shoulder.

JangMi picks again. She opens the paper and then she suddenly smiles. She showed it to Naeul and Hyuna and they all smile.

“The heroine is.. Eun AeRa,”

AeRa slips a loud ‘what?’ from . She did not believe this. She just arrives at the new school today and she was already picked to be the main actress.  She doesn’t need this attention. If she could she wants to remain unknown and just finished school without people recognizes her here.

“But, I’m new here! There must be someone who is more suitable for this part,” she said to JangMi.

“Well, you all agree to vote someone’s name from the box and I already said you can’t withdraw once you were picked,” JangMi explained to AeRa.

“But, there’s must be someone who want this part, who wants to be the heroine,” AeRa tried to persuade JangMi.

“Fine, does anyone want to be the heroine, taking AeRa’s place?” JangMi giving them death glare. None of the girls said anything even though there is a girl, name JiYeon puts up her hand but her friends quickly pull down her hand. JangMi pretend she did not saw it.

“So, everyone is agreed AeRa is the heroine. Give a big clap to Ethan and AeRa. They will be the lead actor and actress,”

AeRa stare blankly on the blackboard when Hyuna write Ethan’s name and hers on the blackboard. She wants to protest but JangMi seems determined so she did not dare to say anything. She is just a new girl here. She has to accept the way this class running. Ethan, who is sitting next to her become silent. He mutters something but AeRa did not hear clearly.

After 30 minutes of chaos, they finally finished choosing the actors and crews. They will be starting practice the play tomorrow after school. AeRa is looking outside the window. She never thought anything like this could be happen to her. When she was at her old school, she was an ordinary girl that people don’t even realize her existence. Eventhough, she kind of pity on herself but she knew that she like it. She could finish her school without any trouble and with clean ‘record’. But, when her parents decide to moves here to find better jobs opportunities, she was dragged and had to move to this school. She was hoping she will be invisible again but it definitely did not come true. She is taking a glance at Ethan again. She doesn’t know why but she likes to look at him. To see what he’s doing, what his reaction, to enjoy the perfect face of his. Because of that, Ethan caught her many times while she was looking at his face. But he never said anything to stop her.

The bell rings. All the student bowed their teacher and ready to leave the class. AeRa is packing her books in her bag and suddenly JangMi come near her table.

“AeRa, could you give your phone number? I might call today to discuss about our play,” JangMi stands besides AeRa’s table.

“Oh… Sure. Wait, I will write it” AeRa tear a piece of paper from her notebook at write her cell phone number. Then, she passed it to JangMi. JangMi accepts it and say thanks.

“Are you going home alone?” JangMi suddenly asked?

AeRa is looking at Ethan. He was packing his bag and leaves the class with his friends. AeRa feel disappointed. She wants to talk to him about the play. Okay, she was wanted to used the play as an excuse to talk to him.

“AeRa? AeRa?’

AeRa is jerking when she heard JangMi calling her name. She looks at JangMi and she is blushing. She was caught again while looking at Ethan. “Er, sorry…what are you saying, JangMi?”

“Oh… I was just asking if you are going home alone. Do you know place around here? The streets around here can bit tricky. They look all the same but when you walk, you will found a dead end. I was just worried if you walking alone, you might get lost,”

AeRa feels touched when she heard that. She never had someone who really cared about her. But that maybe because she doesn’t have friends. She was the one who hoping like that, right?

“Oh… Yeah. I’m walking alone. This morning, my father sent me here. Then, he told me to walk home. But yeah, as you said, I’m afraid I might get lost,”

JangMi smiles. Then, she taps AeRa’s shoulder. “Don’t worry. I will asked someone to walk you home,”

AeRa feels weird. “Someone?”

“Oh, I want to walk you home but I have another meeting about School Open Day. Hyuna and Naeul are also have to join the meeting. So, I was thinking to ask Seunghyun to walk with, is that okay with you?”

AeRa startled. She doesn’t know what to say. She’s really fails when it comes about social and friends. She feels awkward when a boy will walk home with him but she’s afraid she might be impolite to say no.

But JangMi takes AeRa silent as a yes. Then, she walk to Seunghyun table and asking him to accompany AeRa home and make sure she did not lost her way home. Seunghyun just nods and say okay. AeRa reminds herself. Never tried to pick up a fight with JangMi because everyone listen to her (or obey to her, the way AeRa looked)

JangMi leave the class with Naeul and Hyuna. They wave at AeRa and Seunghyun and promise to meet them tomorrow. Seunghyun asked AeRa if she’s ready to go home. AeRa just nods and they leave the class together.

On the way, AeRa and Seunghyun are run into Ethan. He was about to go home, riding in a black luxury car. Ethan saw them; he just looked AeRa and put up his hand to Seunghyun. He got into the car and the car leave the school compound. AeRa didn’t know why but she feels disappointed when Ethan didn’t say anything and didn’t show any sign to her. She knows she shouldn’t feel that way. This is the first day she in this school. There is plenty of time to get to know him. Right?

While walking AeRa home, Seunghyun tried very hard to make a conversation between them but AeRa is not a good talker. She’s only answer when asked and she’s only nodded when Seunghyun was talking. They continue walking silently until they arrived at a corner, where AeRa house situated. She bowed and said thanks to Seunghyun. AeRa continue walking to her house. She gets into her house without looking back. She didn’t know that Seunghyun waiting for her until she got into the house. He is actually hoping AeRa would look back at him.

***********************

“No! No! Not like that, Ethan!” JangMi yelled from the audience seat. They are actually practicing the play. AeRa stand up still on the stage. She forgot what she supposes to do. JangMi looks like she will be passed out any times. The whole class didn’t cooperate at all. The crews are fighting at the backstage and the actors forgot their lines and what they suppose to do.

“Daesung! Don’t turn on this kind of lighting yet! NOT YET! IT’S ON SCENE 3!” JangMi yelled when the red light was pointing at Ethan. Daesung said sorry from the backstage. JangMi’s face looks so troubled and everyone is getting on her nerves. AeRa did not dare to look at her eyes. She knows that she already make mistakes a lot but JangMi still didn’t yelled at her. Maybe because she is the new girl, JangMi is pity on her.

“Enough! Lets’ take a break!” JangMi yelled. Everyone say hooray. JangMi sits and massages her temples. Hyuna coming out the back stage and walking to JangMi and Naeul, Hyuna is the technical crew. Naeul was sitting in front with JangMi, she is the stage manager. Seunghyun was also coming out from the backstage and joining them to take a rest. Minho and Jonghyun are also there. They wanted to give support to their friends. They all was calming JangMi down. JangMi looks very frustrated.

AeRa wanted to join them at the audience seat but she was shy. Besides they all looks very tired and JangMi looks very furious. They all were in a deep discussion. AeRa decides did not want to disturb them. So, she keep remain on the stage. Then, she saw Ethan is sitting on the stage alone too. AeRa wanted to sit next to him but she is afraid that people will misunderstand. So, she brings a mineral water as an excuse to talk to him.

“Water?” AeRa offered a bottle of water to Ethan.

Ethan was looking up at AeRa. He looks unsure whether he want to take it or not but he finally accepts and say thanks. AeRa smiles and sit next to him. AeRa tries to make a conversation between them.

“This plays looks pretty hectic,” AeRa said and then drinks the mineral water.

Ethan just shrugs and says, “I guess so,”

“Have you ever done this? Be in the play as the actor?”

“Nope,” Ethan said without even look at AeRa.

“Me neither. At my previous school, only the talented one will be picked as the actors and actresses. Someone like will never get the chance,” AeRa unconsciously said this. Ethan looks at AeRa. His looks at her become soften suddenly but AeRa did not see it. She was looking in front, at JangMi and the others. Secretly, she so thankful to JangMi because has given her the chance that she never could get at her previous school. She always wanted to try acting. She knows she might at it but at least when people asked if she ever been in a play, she could say yes.

“This play is quite weird, right?” AeRa laughs. Ethan is feeling weird when he heard AeRa’s laughs. He feels goose bumps out of the sudden. He glances at AeRa’s face. Her eyes are smiling.

The play is quite weird. JangMi change the storyline given by Mrs.Park. She said she wanted to make a play that people will remember. The original storyline is like the story, Sleeping Beauty. Where a princess was sleeping on the highest tower, waiting for a prince charming to rescue her. JangMi want to add humour. So this play is the other way around. A prince will be sleeping and waiting a princess to save him. When JangMi proposed the idea, many rejected it including Ethan. But JangMi was very determined and strictly reminded them that she the director and the script writer. She’s not afraid to use her ‘power’.

“Do you enjoy this?” AeRa suddenly asked. Ethan stunned when AeRa suddenly looks at him. He’s afraid he was caught take a glimpse at her.

“Er.. yeah,’ Ethan said, unsure.

“Me too,” AeRa smiles again. “I never had this experience. And this class is very fun too. The people are very fun and happening. You feel you will never feel alone in the class. Everyone has been taking care of me. They always wanted to walk with me to show where the toilet is, the library, the lab, sports hall and many more.  I know to some people, this kindness is nothing but to me it’s very nice deeds,”

“At my previous school, nobody seems to care about me. They actually didn’t care for nobody at all. They all were thinking for themselves and rarely help the other. At first I was afraid to move to this school. I’m afraid this school is worst but I was wrong. And I’m happy that I’m wrong. They all very nice and always help each other. Although, they rarely listen to others,” AeRa was referred about her classmates that did not listen to JangMi’s order even though she is the head of the class.

Ethan never knew that. He never knew that AeRa was unhappy before at her old school. That does explain why she looks very afraid sometimes. He regrets that he sometime being very cold toward her. He is just not very good with someone he just knows.

“Sorry,”

“Huh?”

“Sorry I was being cold toward you,” Ethan apologizes.

“It’s okay. I’m used to it. Someone had been treating far more badly than you at my old school,” AeRa tried to smile but she is still hurt when she remembered about her old school.

AeRa’s answer did not ease Ethan at all. He feels more guilty right now. His eyes look so sorrow. AeRa realize that then she smiles.

“If you are really wanted to apologize to me, how about you tried to act hard for this play? I think you are quite good but you did not take this plays seriously. JangMi is trying very hard for this play, so why not we? I’m seriously feel sympathy for her,” AeRa said.

Ethan is astonished by AeRa’s words. She is just a new student yet she been caring for this class like she was in this class from the beginning of school. It’s true what she said. Everyone in this class is always playful. They always had their teachers have a headache and JangMi is the one who having the big headache. Teachers will always call her if someone from the class had been behaving badly. When JangMi tried to say something to the class, they did not care. Ethan felt guilty.

Suddenly, JangMi asks all of them to gather on the stage. The crews from backstage are coming out and sit on the stage.

“Tomorrow is the full rehearsal of School Open Day performances. We will be gathered with the other class which will perform their own performance too. The School Open day is on the day after tomorrow. Today is the last chance for us to practice. I know, some of you did not like the idea of us doing a plays. I know. I heard a lot of rumours. But I still want to say thanks even though you all did not like it but you guys did not withdraw. Even though you all always playing and did not take this thing seriously but I think it’s better than none of you guys participate and left me alone here. Thanks…” JangMi said to the whole class. Her eyes were teary but she quickly hides her face with her hair.

AeRa feels touched when she heard JangMi words. She puts up her hand suddenly.

“Yes, AeRa?” JangMi asks.

“I..I wanna say thanks to you too. For giving the chance to be the important part in this plays even though I’m new here. I wanna say thanks to the others too because you all always be nice to me. I never treated this way before. Thanks,” AeRa could not hold anymore. She’s crying. Hyuna and Naeul who sit next to AeRa, quickly hug her.

“And… I have one thing to ask. I hope all of you cooperate with each other so we can do this plays successfully. I want this plays will be remembered as the best plays in this school. I want something good to remember whenever I think of you guys. I saw JangMi is struggling to satisfy all of our needs. At least we must do something for return,”

JangMi still stand still on the stage. She’s crying because she was so touched by AeRa’s words. She never thought a new student like AeRa will care about this class more than the old one.

Some of the girls are crying too. All the boys just stay silent and did not say anything. Some of them nod in agreement whenever AeRa said just now.

“I..I agree with AeRa. I think we did not try hard enough for this plays. This is the last year for us here. We must do something that we can remembered for the rest of our life and still talk about it whenever we meet each other in the future,”

Almost all of the people on the stage shocked when they heard what Ethan just said. Ethan was known as someone who did not care for anything and cold. They never thought someone like him will say something like that.

“And I wanted to apologize to you JangMi. I know, I always bring trouble to you since the first practice. I promise I will practice harder and will show the best on the Open Day,” Ethan stands up and hesitantly holds out his hand to JangMi.

JangMi smiles and shakes Ethan’s hand. She say thank you and burst into tears. AeRa, Hyuna and Naeul get up and hug her. Soon, all the students apologize to each other and promise will be working hard for this plays.

***********************

AeRa is washing her make up from her face. The plays have just finished. AeRa was glad that she did not do major mistakes on the stage. She just forgot a line or two but she quickly ad lib with her own lines. The whole play is working well. Of course the play is not perfect. There are several mistakes were made by others as this is the first time they do this. But the audience seem enjoy when they were watching. The audiences were laughing happily. JangMi is the one who feels so relieved when the play is over. She said thanks to all the class and promise them she will treated them after they finish clean up.

“AeRa, we will wait for you at the class 3-1’s stall. JangMi will treat us lunch there,” Naeul said.

AeRa said okay and nods. Class 3-1 is Minho’s and Jonghyun’s class. They built a food stall for today School Open Day.

“Are you done?” Ethan suddenly stands next to AeRa. AeRa was shocked when Ethan suddenly appeared. Ethan chuckles when he sees AeRa’s body jerked. She picks up her bag and walk out from the room. Ethan follows her from behind.

“Are you mad?” Ethan finally said something.

“No,” AeRa answered.

“Then, why are so quiet?”

“Oh, sorry. I was watching some of the stalls here. I never attend a School Open Day before. I never have any interest to attend at my previous school. I did not know actually it is fun,” AeRa smiles at Ethan.

“You want to look around first?” Ethan asked.

“But they all waiting for us at the 3-1’s food stall,” AeRa said.

“It’s okay. You want to look around or not?”

AeRa nods. Then, they walk together. They drop by at the several places. Ethan wanted to go into a ‘horror house’ but AeRa refused to go in. While walking, AeRa eyes were caught on a big pink bear. Ethan saw AeRa was looking at the bear. Then, he grabs AeRa’ hand and go to the stall that has the pink bear.

“If you can shoot down all the bottles here, you will get the big bear,” said the student who in charge of the stall.

Ethan pays and take the toy gun. He successfully shot down all the bottles there. People who gather around the stall clapping for Ethan. The student brings down the big pink bear from the top shelf and hand it to Ethan. Then, Ethan gives to AeRa. AeRa faltered a bit but then she accepts it. AeRa was blushing and said thanks. They both continue walking silently until they reach at 3-1’s food stall.

“Aigoo.. I thought you guys already lost!” JangMi said from afar.

“Wow AeRa! What did you won?” Naeul asked when she saw AeRa hugging a big pink bear.

“I won it for her actually,” Ethan said coolly.

Some of them in the stall almost choked. AeRa was blushing madly and did not dare to look up. Jonghyun and Minho are whistling and said congratulations. Naeul pouted and said Minho should win her a bear too. They all laugh after that.

“How did you win it? I heard it’s hard to shoot down all the bottles?” Seunghyun asked.

“It’s easy for me. I was known as the best sharp shooter when I took shooting class not long ago,”

“Aigoo, you are so lucky, AeRa. Our Ethan never did this to anyone,” JangMi teases AeRa.

“I guess our ‘prince and princess’ are real. They did not act to fall in love in the plays. They are actually really in love,” Hyuna continue teasing them.

AeRa was blushing madly and pinching whoever teasing her. They all laugh at AeRa who was mad and at Ethan who acting cool. They all celebrate and have fun but still continue teasing AeRa and Ethan.

It’s almost dusk. Some of the stalls already closed. Some student cleaning their stalls. Students of class 3-2 who was celebrating at 3-1’s food stall were already gone home. AeRa was helping Minho and Jonghyun cleaning their stall along with Naeul, Hyuna, Seunghyun and JangMi. Ethan was helping as well. When they all finished, JangMi offered to walk AeRa home.

“It’s okay. I will walk with her,” Ethan said while grabbing his bag and AeRa’s.

They all said goodbye to each other. AeRa and Ethan walk together but they did not realize Seunghyun was watching them. He stands there, watching AeRa and Ethan walking together until they fade from his view.

****************

“Do you have fun today?” Ethan suddenly asked.

“Yes. Thanks for this bear,” AeRa smiles and hugs the pink bear.

Ethan smiles. “Why are you being nice to JangMi? I mean you seem to care about her. You were also advised us to be nice to her,”

“Because she is the first person who held out her hand to me. She is the first person welcomed me and makes friends with me. At my old school, there is no one do something like that. The new student has to find their own friends,”

“Are you mocking me because I don’t welcome you even though I was sitting next to you?”

“Yes,” AeRa giggles.

Ethan let out a big sighs. He mutters sorry but AeRa said it’s okay.

Finally, they arrived at a corner. AeRa’s house is situated at the end of it. AeRa asked Ethan stop here. She bowed and said thanks to Ethan. She waved at him and walk toward her house.

Suddenly, Ethan grabbed AeRa’s wrist. She turns her body and Ethan kisses her. She was shocked and she slips down her pink bear. Ethan breaks the kiss and laughs. He picks up the bear and said,

“Can I walk you home everyday starting from tomorrow?”

AeRa chuckles and say yes. She jumps on Ethan and hugs him.

THE END!!!!

____________________________________________________________________________________

*Hello! This is Iefa_San! Sorry I was a bit late.. I hope you (AeRa) enjoy reading this.. Sorry if this one shot is not like what you want... The other readers, I hope you enjoy! Thanks!